Blood Transfusion maps in CS source

General discussion relating to the Transfusion project.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

Drakan

Necv Xouhkot

Post by Drakan »

Hmmmm... maybe I should Score Tactical-Ops first. if that's not too bad as a full version, then it's probably just counter strike without any steam puffing out of it.

Considering tac ops games are so f*** generic these days... or since they began actually.
Drakan

Necv Xouhkot

Post by Drakan »

Is it just me, or does Half-Life 2 need to be bought first before I can get Counter Strike?

oBe
Cabal member

Post by oBe »

It's not you. It's half life... :P
Necrosis
Bubble Wrap Man
*not Canadian*

Post by Necrosis »

Here's how it works.

They have the original retail release of Half-life 2, which has CS:S on the install.

There's also the GOTY edition, which is basically the same thing plus Half-life Source.

Then there's the CS:S package thingy which is HL2, CS:S and Day of Defeat Source.
Steve-O
Rat

Post by Steve-O »

lol umm thanks for jacking my thread? haha anyhow you will need HL2/Steam to play this map once it is released, I can't give a release date just yet , stay tuned
Necrosis
Bubble Wrap Man
*not Canadian*

Post by Necrosis »

Well, it stayed sorta on topic. And you'll have to get used to this kind of thing, we all enjoy it for what it is. Fun. :wink:

Post by Guest »

Drakan

Necv Xouhkot

Post by Drakan »

Well I found it out for a fact. you HAVE to not only get steam, which is one thing, but Half-Life 2 as well. I don't understand it. CS:S and HL2 have NOTHING to do with eachover other than that Valve made them both. So why forcebly package it with HL2? Whatever. I'll just wait until I get my own PC. It's not that big of a game to want it so desperately.

f*** YOU VALVE! :roll:

Case Closed.

Post by Guest »

steam comes with hl2, it is REQUIRED to play but it's free, no biggie. and cs:s is a MOD for HL2, you CANT buy it separately, it always has been just that, a MOD
Necrosis
Bubble Wrap Man
*not Canadian*

Post by Necrosis »

I'd like to say something. Ravenholm is pretty dang sweet, regardless of how bad HL2 is. And also, I'm not really sure where I stand on HL2 sucking or not. Of course being a modern game means that it isn't anywhere near as good as the last good FPSes, but I'm able to like all games as long as I find them good. Whatever, Blood is still the best. :wink:
Necrosis
Bubble Wrap Man
*not Canadian*

Post by Necrosis »

... My last post made no sense at all. :lol:

Just re-reading topics, this one was good enough to note on though.
Slink

Not to be a dick, but...

Post by Slink »

Anonymous wrote:steam comes with hl2, it is REQUIRED to play but it's free, no biggie. and cs:s is a MOD for HL2, you CANT buy it separately, it always has been just that, a MOD
Thank you. CS has always been a mod, you still need to own the engine to use it. You needed HL1 to run CS in the first place.
-Slink