Nice work

General discussion relating to the Transfusion project.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

Vuzeth
Deceptossum

Post by Vuzeth »

Not only Beast heads must be done. Two skulls faced in opposite directions and curved line above. Yes, the font doesn't look the same in Blood, but that's Transfusion
Last edited by Vuzeth on Wed Dec 19, 2007 09:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HYPE
Cultist

Post by HYPE »

well, I actually didnt know the name of that beast. but I will call it, from now on just "beast". lol
Dimebog
The Enlightened Florist

Post by Dimebog »

HYPE wrote:well, I actually didnt know the name of that beast. but I will call it, from now on just "beast". lol
The name of the enemy is "Beast". But you can call it "gargoyle" if you so like... I guess.
HYPE
Cultist

Post by HYPE »

well there is already a gargoyle, so what would be the point of calling it gargoyle..
Vuzeth
Deceptossum

Post by Vuzeth »

Yes, the gargoyle is some sort of mythical beast, it usually has two wings and forearms at the same time.
The Beast on the other hand. Refer to him as "Mr. Beast" to avoid confusion in future.
Dimebog
The Enlightened Florist

Post by Dimebog »

HYPE wrote:well there is already a gargoyle, so what would be the point of calling it gargoyle..
That's what I was asking myself when I was reading through your posts.
Neurological
Rat

Post by Neurological »

oBe wrote:Before y'all get in over your heads, and chop up some gargoylemodels, I feel I must inform y'all, it's not gargoyleheads. It's the beast, which doesn't have a model just yet. :|

Be that as may, a commendable effort Neurological, and I'm glad someone tacked it, but I'm personally not that fond of the font. The original looks more squarish, and inner-embossed, instead of outerglowy.

Also!

I take it you're the same Neurological that once posted a recorded version of the setup theme on vgmix?
If so, hand it over! :twisted:
eheh yeah I recorded ages ago the remix of blood (the setup theme), I was thinking to redo it again because the old one suck in quality.

For the fonts you right, but I can't find onw better for now, also I've to emboss them into the hud.
oBe
Cabal member

Post by oBe »

You are welcome to redo it on my behalf, but I would be just as happy to take a link to the old version.

I'm a collector.
Slink

Not to be a dick, but...

Post by Slink »

Oh yeah. "Beasts." Those things... I always found it intriguing that they included beast art in the original version of Blood. (Obviously with the intent of creating the Plasma Pak.)
Arstron
Rat

Post by Arstron »

I didnt want to waste room and start a new thread, but I wanted to thank the team for doing this. I havnt played blood in.... well its been quiet a few years. I was talking with one of my old online friends that I played blood with on mplayer, and today I couldnt resist the urge to see if it was possible to get blood to run on linux and I found this site. The feel isnt exactly as I remembered, but close enough that its a ton of fun. I remember being a part of a few diffrent projects with people that wanted to try to convert blood to other game engines all of which never saw the light of day, its nice to see this one has and is very good also.

I will have to look thru my old backup cd's but I am pretty sure I have the old leaked blood source code on one of them. The zip file was locked though and I have no clue what the password is. If this might be of use to you guys let me know and I will try and find it again.

Anyone still around that played on mplayer back in the day?
oBe
Cabal member

Post by oBe »

The password is: elcycer

It is however the incomplete source from an Alpha version which wouldn't aid our cause. Not to mention the legal issues that would bring about.

I strongly advise you Dosbox though. It's frequently updated so I'm not sure what the current version is. It's a DOS emulator and gives satisfactory results with most people.
Drakan

Necv Xouhkot

Post by Drakan »

Arstron wrote:Anyone still around that played on mplayer back in the day?
Yeah mate I am! I used to be in KD by the name [KD]Lil-Wolf. God, what was I THINKING back then!? But anyway, Predator and I setup our own clan these days. Look in me sig, mate. :D
HYPE
Cultist

Post by HYPE »

hey neurological..
I edited your HUD a bit and its looks like this now..

I can send you the font and the skull graphics, if you want :)
Arstron
Rat

Post by Arstron »

Drakan wrote:
Yeah mate I am! I used to be in KD by the name [KD]Lil-Wolf. God, what was I THINKING back then!? But anyway, Predator and I setup our own clan these days. Look in me sig, mate. :D
Boy that name sounds familiar. Its to bad there isnt anything like mplayer anymore, Being able to chat with fellow players and join a multiplayer game that easily was so nice. Sure there are a few games that have that, but it still just isnt the same.

After playing this game at home and on my laptop, I can see that a mouse is going to be very important as it is in most modern games. I miss the old auto aim that would aim up and down for you to help out the keyboard only users. :(
Neurological
Rat

Post by Neurological »

HYPE wrote:hey neurological..
I edited your HUD a bit and its looks like this now..

I can send you the font and the skull graphics, if you want :)
awesome work, I'll send to you the psd file, without fonts, you are much able than me.