Wow

General discussion relating to the Transfusion project.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

Tim

Wow

Post by Tim »

I remember when i was a kid, just around when computers became serious business. Inevitably computer games came to shape my early years in many ways. It was a glorious time, not only for me, when (probably largely due to the crappy machines) originality and awesome gameplay ruled what game would become successful rather than how many dollars it could produce (allthough obviously both was wanted).

One of these games that shaped the (murderous, devil-worshipping and blood-drinking -) man I am today was Blood. It had a particular impact on me, I can't tell you exactly why. Perhaps due to it's less-childish nature, perhapps to it's pitch-black comedy, perhaps to the awesome arsenal of weapons, perhaps... Becuase it was damn fun to play. I still play it on rare occasions; finishing the first level as fast as possible on the hardest mode has become an inofficial competetion between me and a good friend of mine.

Well, this unintentionally became a blockoftext... Basically i wanted to convey how attatched i am to Blood.

I also heard about the Transfusion project some years ago and by an accident i ended up on your site today. I havent exactly done any research on how active you are nowadays but i see the last development release was only a few months ago. I sure was surprised; being a fan and developer of the mod/indie-community I know these projects usually die within weeks or maybe months.

Im speechless, all I can say is "Wow" and applaud your commitment. I think this is the ultimate evidence that a game does not need a large fanbase, only dedicated fans (gief Blood 3!).

I sure hope you start the singleplayer conversion soon and finish it sometime, 'til then I wish you good luck!
Tim
Slink

Not to be a dick, but...

Post by Slink »

Come one, come all. Allow me to welcome you to our site, with great relish. Is that the right spelling for that kind of relish? heh, anyway, have you ever done any editing for Blood?

Please look around the forums, I am sure you will be delighted to find that there are still projects being worked on for Blood!

-Slink
predator
Lead Mapper

Post by predator »

Thanks Tim! :)
Welcome to our forum.