Playing Transfusion in Win XP

General discussion relating to the Transfusion project.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

Playing Transfusion in Win XP

Post by Guest »

Hello,

I just tried downloading the newest beta version of transfusion. I unzipped it and tried to start the transfusion executable file and it crashed my computer. I am having the same result with all older versions as well.

I am running a PC with Windows XP. Will Transfusion not work on this operating system?
Slink

Not to be a dick, but...

Post by Slink »

Transfusion definitely works on XP. Please state the other details of your system (CPU, RAM, version of XP, graphics card, etc.)

Also, when your computer crashed, what exactly happened?

-Thanks!
predator
Lead Mapper

Post by predator »

And one more thing - when you unzipped the archive did you pay attention to preserve directory structure?

Post by Guest »

OK my CPU is an AMD Athlon 3300+ 1.81 Ghz 384 Megs of RAM running Windows XP Home Edition 2002 with Service Pack 2. I'm not sure what kind of Video Card I have, just the one that came with the computer...

What happens is, I unzipped the beta version into a folder called Transfusion and double clicked on the Transfusion executable file, and then the screen goes blank for a second as if it's loading, then my desktop pops back up, but everything looks HUGE, as if the resolution/size of my monitor had just been changed, and then the computer hangs and I have to turn it back off and restart it.

What exactly is meant by "preserving directory structure?"
Slink

Not to be a dick, but...

Post by Slink »

He means, you must not mess up the correct order of files and directories.

Basically, if you use WinXP to copy/paste the files from the zip, and you are not careful, you can mess up the organization of files and directories.

Regarding the rest of your post, I am not sure what the problem could be. You can find your video card name in "Control Panel" in "Device Manager" under "Display Adapters".

Please be sure to have the latest version of DirectX installed. Also, please be sure to update all of your hardware drivers, especially video card and motherboard drivers.

Does anyone else know if there are any conflicts with this computer's hardware?

Thanks,

-Slink

Post by Guest »

Hi everyone-

Thanks for the feedback and the advice. I wanted to report that my video card is a SiS760, according to the device manager.

I was perusing the Beta page on this forum and I noticed that another user had a similar problem to the one I had. I experienced a crash just like what he described and I believe that my video card might be similar to his.

Slink, do you know if this kind of problem is correctable, or if there will be future versions of Transfusion coming out that might correct this problem?

Thanks again for all your help.