Help with "Bad Surface Extents" Error Message

General discussion relating to the Transfusion project.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

Daniel_M
Rat

Help with "Bad Surface Extents" Error Message

Post by Daniel_M »

I just found out about Transfusion a couple of days ago. It looks so awesome, and I can't wait to play! Thank you for taking the time to read this! My problem...
I tried to run Transfusion as a mod by copying the "transfusion" subdirectory into my quake directory, and just typing the command "winquake -game transfusion" but an error pops up that says "Bad Surface Extents". I'm not sure what my other options are, or what I should do from here. I've looked through the forums and read the FAQs, so as to not waste anyone's time or anything but I'm stuck!
Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Jethro
Fanatic

Post by Jethro »

The easiest (and best) way to run Transfusion is via boundled exe file. AFAIK this mod is no longer a mod, and in fact it's incompatible with Quake engines diffrent than DarkPlaces from loooong time.
Daniel_M
Rat

Post by Daniel_M »

Thanks Jethro,
But actually.... I am really lost now. I re-installed the 1.0 and 1.01 patch and when i try to run Transfusion.exe in C:\Program Files\Transfusion folder, I get audio, but no video!
Any other suggestions?
Jethro
Fanatic

Post by Jethro »

First of all, get at least 1.1b3 version (1.1b3.5 is recommended).
Another thing: this game is quite hardware-demanding: you'll need at least FULL (not-mx) GeForce3 (please note that GF4MX is in fact GF2)/radeon 8500 (hmm, not sure about this number) video card to play this game. There's not much more I can think at the moment, if this won't help then I hope someone else will give you the right advice.
Daniel_M
Rat

Post by Daniel_M »

Thanks a lot! I really appreciate it!