Is it stuck or something?

General discussion relating to the Transfusion project.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

tomylee
Axe Zombie

Post by tomylee »

In the second page of help it shows out Caleb playing´s Donkey Kong (remember the old good game of mario bros rescuing the princess while donkey was throwing stuff?)
Well, im recreating that game.

Thanks to DukeRes i could extract all sprites (i didnt know blood .art files were the same as nuke´s .art file =D)

I will give you a preview of it tomorrow ^_^
Wrim
Cultist

Post by Wrim »

So DukeRes actually works with blood? I tried it a couple of days ago, but I couldn't get the colors to work properly. What gamesetting did you use?
leileilol

o^_^o

Post by leileilol »

tomylee wrote: Thanks to DukeRes i could extract all sprites (i didnt know blood .art files were the same as nuke´s .art file =D)
The .art format is the same for every build engine game fyi.
tomylee
Axe Zombie

Post by tomylee »

CheapAlert wrote:
tomylee wrote: Thanks to DukeRes i could extract all sprites (i didnt know blood .art files were the same as nuke´s .art file =D)
The .art format is the same for every build engine game fyi.

Ya? well, in Flash, the applications are called .swf.... but there are lots of versions of Adobe Flash, like Flash MX, MX2004, 8.... and it is not the same to execute a .swf of one aplication to other, or editing a .fla of different applications... it wont work.

So, if you try to say im a dumb ^^ im not... i was just curious.

I know the .art files are the same, but i didnt know the program could recognise both =P
Canassa
Axe Zombie

Post by Canassa »

Maybe this will help you.

I had to write a script to extract the .art images for my project. It's a python script, it extracts the images in .png format and also replaces the magenta color with the .png full transparency.

If you want it just tell me :)
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

hahah! Oh sure! AFTER I go through all the transparent tiles with GIMP and do it by hand! Oh well, live and learn.
Canassa
Axe Zombie

Post by Canassa »

Ok here it is.

I tried to optimize the script all I could but it's still a bit slow (for a PIII 550 at least).
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

Should probably tell you, We are converting the Blood textures in TGA rather than PNG. Although DarkPlaces will render a PNG file, it does not fully support everything that you can do in the PNG format, that and it takes a tad bit longer to render.

What I was doing was: select the pink areas of the image, fill that in with black, then convert the image to a full 32-bit image, where I could apply alpha-layer transparency to the already selected transparent parts of the image. The reason for this is that when DarkPlaces renders the image with OpenGL, whatever color is in transparent area will bleed out onto the actual image. Obviously it doesn't look to well if our spider webs or tattered curtains had a purple/pink border around their edges.

How are your Blender scripts coming BTW? I thought those were pretty kickass.
Canassa
Axe Zombie

Post by Canassa »

The image library I used support many formats but unfortently TGA is not one of them. You will probably need to use some other tool to convert the PNG files into TGA, prefebly a tool that can convert a directory full of images in just one-click.

The exporter is comming very nice. I am already able to render full textured levels but I had to stop working on it because of my college admission exams. I will probably resume my work in two weeks.
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

Good luck with your exams.
tomylee (not logged)

Post by tomylee (not logged) »

Wow, that´s amazing canassa ^^ thank you!. Now i can export the gargoyle files =) you rox!
Cu

Post by Cu »

Nice to see the project is undead and running! :D best of regards to you guys :gargoyle: