Time to start piling up the bodies!

Discuss model development here.
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

Hellen wrote:That wasn’t very informative. I already know about my Photoshop tools.
I'm sorry, I didn't realise you were being sarcastic when you asked what photoshop skills we were talking about. I was just outlining the common tools I use to hopefully help you realize that you probably already know enough to do a nice looking skin.

If you're so inclined, you might want to download one of the model viewers and load up one of our already skinned models just to see what's going on between teh 2D image and the 3D rendering of it.

I have a jMD3 + Java 1.3 bundel here. You can use it to view the bulk of our md3 models.

Unpackage the jre1.3 folder into your "C:\Program Files\Java" folder. Unfortunatly jMD3 wont work with the latest version of Java, so you have to trick it into using the java 1.3 exe You do this buy running the "md3view.bat" file I included in the bin folder (probalby "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.3\bin\md3view.bat")
Hellen
The Eye of Beast

Post by Hellen »

Where can I get models?
Kazashi
Shadow Warrior

Post by Kazashi »

Constructive criticism is what we want to see. There's no reason someone has to hold back to the point of explosion when they see something that might not be going in the Blood direction, otherwise you'll get conflicts such as what was demonstrated here.

Hellen, if you really are interested in the process involved in texturing a model, PM me. Although I'm only the 3D artist I'm the one who ends up laying the groundwork so the skinners guys can do their stuff on what's basically a flat sheet.
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

Hellen, they are stored in the Transfusion pk3 files. If you have already downloaded Beta3 you will have quite a few of our latest models, if not the latest skins. Just rename the .pk3 to .zip and you should beable to extract variouos models and skins through your favorite zip archiver.

Most of hte models can be found in the /models/world folder, but you will also see models/weapons and models/enemy folders, or something similar to that.
predator
Lead Mapper

Post by predator »

I don't think Hellen has Transfusion, so maybe you could just create a small zip archive with one model and its skin/skins so she could take a look?
Hellen
The Eye of Beast

Post by Hellen »

Yes, my Transfusion is quite old.
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

Here you go. I've included a few sample models and skins in a zip file here.

If you feel a little ambitious, I've also included the unskinned key model; along with a starter psd and a refrence sprite.
Slink

Not to be a dick, but...

Post by Slink »

What a guy. :D
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

:D

Okay, back to oBe's thread. Sorry for the derailment.
oBe
Cabal member

Post by oBe »

*claims thread back* Rawrrr
This dude's in pain, that's for sure.

Look's like my blood should be more orange.

Can't give him shoes because his hands and feet use the same part of the uv-map, so I went for flesh instead.
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

Looks awesome. From five foot back they look exactly the same, that's what we are going for.
Slink

Not to be a dick, but...

Post by Slink »

Sh*t, good job, Flip. :) I suppose the model ain't too bad either, Kaz... ;) I always thought that dude had hands...
Drakan

Necv Xouhkot

Post by Drakan »

Dude! Cruaich is right! Sweet job Mr. oBe!
predator
Lead Mapper

Post by predator »

Looks cool. :)
oBe
Cabal member

Post by oBe »

Thanks for the comments guys. Here's a nice meal in return: