So yeah...

Discuss model development here.
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

tile0679

... do you need help sourting the tiles? Most OS's have a thumbnail folder view if you set it up right. PSP has a folder browsing option too.

On the excel sheet I sent you a link to there should be a corrosponding tile number for instance "(075)Glass Jar" should be tile0075

Do you need help extracting the tiles? We have some reBuild tools that can do it all in a wack.

Just download the this zip file extract the three files to some directory, copy your blood tile???.art files into the same directory and run the bat file. You'll probalby want to manualy rename your CPART??.AR_ to .art, but copy thoes over as well if you have One Unit Whole Blood 1.21
oBe
Cabal member

Post by oBe »

Hehe, no need. I know my way around the Blood tools. It's just that at 1024x768 the preview function means nothing for those small sprites. I do need to organise a little though. I've got 2 different versions of Blood installed with everything extracted, hundereds of psds for the fan art thread, transfusion models and skins, and some other stuff.

Actually this sprite is one I found. But again, the model isn't exactly a copy and due to some horizontal mirroring some of the shading had to go. Otherwise top and bottom of a spherical piece were dark. Also structure didn't work out due to stretching.But I'll see if I can revisit it somewhat.
oBe
Cabal member

Post by oBe »

I think I'm one of the few who can work 1-2 hours on something like this and then neglect to save it, so I had to redo some:

oBe
Cabal member

Post by oBe »

Alright, so I retouched them all, cleared some nastyness out of the way, cleaned them up a little, stuff like that. Unless anyone has a very serioius issue with one of them, I'm gonna call them 'finished', so I can mentally let go of them.

Man, I did all this in week or so...
Necrosis
Bubble Wrap Man
*not Canadian*

Post by Necrosis »

My only problem at all is the cup, but it still looks good. 8)
Daedalus
The Dreaming God

Post by Daedalus »

Looking awesome. Torch is flawed and the glass is more of a grail. 8)

Keep up the good work.
)))000(((
Cultist

Post by )))000((( »

Shouldn't them demons be the upper most priority to model?
Really great job, thou! KICK ASS! - I am gonna chack these forums out now more often!
oBe
Cabal member

Post by oBe »

Yes, well, the glass/cup thing should be slightly transparant ingame. Other than that I have no idea how else I'd make it look more like a glass. I'm truely sorry, if someone wants to redo it, be my guest. I tried but don't want to spend a week finetuning such a small piece of scenery.

Demons are off limits for me as I just started skinning a week ago.

Also, most of these skins are either 1024x1024 or 2048x2048 whereas ingame they'll be 128x128 or 256x256, so they'll probably look a bit different in game.

And what's wrong with the torch?
Last edited by oBe on Thu Sep 01, 2005 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Daedalus
The Dreaming God

Post by Daedalus »

Nah... nah... I'm just being picky. 8)
oBe
Cabal member

Post by oBe »

Dae, I can't live with a flawed torch, if the dreaming god doesn't like it, why bother? Tell me what's on your mind.

Edit: well, maybe I can live with it. :D
Kazashi
Shadow Warrior

Post by Kazashi »

The torch should probably have less of a grain to it, if any at all. Plus it has little knobs around its circumference (probably 8 in total). And maybe make the tone a little greyer.

Post by Guest »

Hehe, so after carefull examination of the sprite I learned it's a god damn metal torch.

So here ya go:

From now on I want "most dedicated Bloodite" above my avatar :lol:
oBe
Cabal member

Post by oBe »

That is, if my guest post would actually have an avatar.... :|
Daedalus
The Dreaming God

Post by Daedalus »

Now you're cookin' with gas! There are three torches of this style. Long wooden ones, short, square metal ones and the one featured above. Now it looks good. ÐÐ complaint withdrawn. :lol:
Drakan

Necv Xouhkot

Post by Drakan »

All I can say is OH WOW!! Truly some amazing stuff there, oBe! 8)