Discuss model development here.
Master of the Mask
- Posts: 870
- Joined: Tue Aug 10, 2004 09:28 am
- Location: Eau Claire, WI USA
Cruaich wrote:I dont know if you want to try and install GIMP. Alpha channels are really easy to do there. What you'll want to do is save your skin as a full color TGA, then you'll want to open it in GIMP.
1. In the image window menu select Layer>Mask>Add Layer Mask.
2. A options window should open. Keep the "White (full opacity)" option and click "OK"
3. Fill the entire skin with a grey, the darker the grey the more transperent it will be.
4. Then click Layer>Mask>Apply Layer Mask
5. Save the image... done.
add this to my list of things to double-check in the next couple days. While I am notoriously bad with graphics, I think I vaguely remember how to do alpha channels.
- Caleb's Bootlicker
- Posts: 57
- Joined: Sat Aug 14, 2004 02:33 am
- Location: Orillia, ON Canada
scar3crow wrote:Also in the actual entity code for the object, say misc_object_glass you can after defining it to be that model, do self.alpha = 0.6; so it is 60% opaque... also do a self.health = 3; and have a mock throwgib function of some tiny glass shard models or sprites, bam, breakable chalice.
I actually would approach transparencies this way from now on, in code. That way, it can be tweaked ad infinitum by anyone.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest