Currently working on...

Discuss model development here.
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

Hi Ringman, thanks for your interest.

We have most of the models for e1m1 done already, but there are just as many that need to be done for e1m2. As it is Kasashi has modeled just about everything for the game aside from the fat zombie. He would know more about it than I, but any program that exprots to md3 should be just fine.

As for skinning, I only have about 40% of the world models for e1m1 done. There are also other model types that need skins.
Daedalus
The Dreaming God

Post by Daedalus »

Beware, Cruaich! I have found your little nest you have built here!

I'll keep my mouth shut. A lot of the work you have done is good, but I would continually complain until it looks exactly like Blood 1's stuff.

I'll hold my tongue. :lol:
noy jitat

Post by noy jitat »

This is the topic I've been waiting for! I love seeing development, especially in modelling. We need much more screenshot threads like this in these forums!

Once again, this is looking very good for the most part, but the handles on the saw and the shovel are cartoonishly large. The skins are top notch, but those two instances could use some help. Just my 2.
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

I just want to see how they look in game =]P
)))000(((
Cultist

Post by )))000((( »

Everyone wants to see how they look in the game... Everyone... I wanna see a screenshot of the Pre-Beta 4...
Kazashi
Shadow Warrior

Post by Kazashi »

noy jitat wrote:Once again, this is looking very good for the most part, but the handles on the saw and the shovel are cartoonishly large. The skins are top notch, but those two instances could use some help. Just my 2.
Those things can be fixed by a click of my fingers.... and the appropriate mouse movements.
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

Crumm, it's been a week and a month since I've skinned anything. :(
)))000(((
Cultist

Post by )))000((( »

Well, fer that comment I can say the following:

THNX
-*XT4
[(P_-A-_'T'_+I+_E_<N>_C_E_+I+S_R_U_<N>_+I+_<N>_G_L_O_:W:_M_E_W_-A-_N_'T'_S_<N>_E_X_'T'_B_E_'T'_-A-)]
-*XT4
THNX

***lol***
*whatev*

Really, how the current progress?
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

Kazashi has been fixing up documentation for the current Beta as we didn't include anything with Beta3. That was a bit of a no-no. He's also been working on high detail, MD5 versions of the monsters and player models.

Bloodite fixed up BB2 so that the funky brush errors arn't there anymore. He also added the rotating doors wich incidently brings up issues with how the doors actuly work... so there needs to be some code tinkering there.

Predator submited a map to be added to the build. It will have to be added to the menu list.

Me... I've been going over some of the older skins that already on objects in the game. I'd like to redo the heart skin, put a bit of shading to the skins Frightfan did for the weapon pickups. Stuff like that. I should get back to the Workd Model skins but I do want to see how things are looking in game so far.
Fiend:Kamikaze
A LUMBERJACK!

Post by Fiend:Kamikaze »

Whoa, whoa, hold up... MD5? Darkplaces supports MD5?
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

Not yet. LH his working on that just now. That along with being able to read the raw .map file for use in hit calculation, which should allow for crouch.
frightfan
Caleb's Bootlicker

Post by frightfan »

Cruaich wrote:Not yet. LH his working on that just now. That along with being able to read the raw .map file for use in hit calculation, which should allow for crouch.
That's awesome. It's been awhile since I had an opportunity to catch up with LH. That guy just never stops working!!!
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

He's actuly working more on his Neither project just now, wich really is great because it's something that he can hopefully market. Stop in IRC from time to time and say "Hi"
Willis

Master of the Mask
Lead Programmer

Blood drops keep falling on my head

Post by Willis »

I guess I'll chime in this now since I finally am contributing something for once.

What we're working on.... a more Blood inspired menu

The Blood dripping animation is more or less complete (yes, its animated, though I'm just showing a still. We're still working on the text selection portion of the menu.

After the menu, will probably be the long-awaited hud redoing. Then hopefully actual game code.

Post by Guest »

Was the team allowed the option of recreating the game on the build engine (as transfusion) or was using another engine some sort of requirement from Atari?

I'm not sure, does quitclaim mean Atari doesn't themselves own the entire rights for Blood? Can someone clarify the term for me?