Blood To Half-life

Cool ideas, unfortunately, they breach copyright.
r_cain
The Drinking God

Post by r_cain »

And id not know what to do with them

(pointless post alert!!)
Doomer64
Axe Zombie

Post by Doomer64 »

Yeah i notice alot of ppl whine about RapidShare saying the DL's dont work
the simple fact is that your DL manager or firewall is in the way and won't let it DL
to DL from RapidShare just turn your DL manager off for a little bit and DL it the old skool way

(i know this from the same thing that happens to most of the ppl that DL from Rapidshare)
leileilol

o^_^o

Post by leileilol »

As for the HL being Q1 deal, it is correct

http://collective.valve-erc.com/index.php?go=q1_or_q2

Also HL2 is based on q1 as well, though ALOT of spinnable fanboys totally deny it and suck up on gabe's false hype of it being made from scratch. (As well as hl2 "inventing" HDR). Alot of Quake's functions still are retained in hl2, such as all of the te_ effects, EVEN THE SAME EXACT NULL TEXTURE which is usually changed in every generation of the Quake engine. It also quells all rumors of hl2 being q2/q3 based

Also, the Hammer editor is just a modified Worldcraft, which is orignally a Quake map editor (they assimilated Ben Morris). It's obvious to ANYONE WITH A BRAIN that hl2 is still q1 based.
r_cain
The Drinking God

Post by r_cain »

But if transfusion could go on Steam, herasy i know, but cool (and maybe properly spelled)
da_weezle
Acolyte

Post by da_weezle »

Doomer64 wrote:Yeah i notice alot of ppl whine about RapidShare saying the DL's dont work
the simple fact is that your DL manager or firewall is in the way and won't let it DL
to DL from RapidShare just turn your DL manager off for a little bit and DL it the old skool way

(i know this from the same thing that happens to most of the ppl that DL from Rapidshare)
DL Manager? People still use those things? OMG...
LordHavoc
Cabal member

Post by LordHavoc »

r_cain wrote:But if transfusion could go on Steam, herasy i know, but cool (and maybe properly spelled)
Yeah but the whole point of Steam is to make money for Valve, so they would insist on selling it, and the agreement with Infogrames (now Atari) forbids commercial use, such as selling it on Steam, it's also not very probable anyone would want to pay for it.
Slink

Not to be a dick, but...

Post by Slink »

Steam just let me download a bunch of things for free, whether by mistake or effort. :)
Slink wrote:Before I joined TF, I was considering making a Blood mod for HL1.
:D -Slink
LordHavoc
Cabal member

Post by LordHavoc »

Slink wrote:Steam just let me download a bunch of things for free, whether by mistake or effort. :)
Slink wrote:Before I joined TF, I was considering making a Blood mod for HL1.
:D -Slink
Steam only offers SMALL things for free downloads, mostly as promotional materials.

Don't expect to see any 200MB+ things on Steam for free.

And note that HL1 and HL2 add a huge number of things to your account for download (for instance when I installed HL1 using my cdkey, it made about 10 different mods available for free, which were previously $9.95 each).
Slink

Not to be a dick, but...

Post by Slink »

I figured that was the case. Thanks for the info, LH. -Slink
Slink

Not to be a dick, but...

Post by Slink »

DELETED SPAM. Wow, spambots lock onto the strangest threads... I wonder what the criteria were.