ZBloodBath - Information and video

Cool ideas, unfortunately, they breach copyright.
Hasuak
Rat

ZBloodBath - Information and video

Post by Hasuak »

Whoa, this is gonna be pretty huge post considering it's my first.

So, hi thar!

I've been remaking Blood singleplayer for GZDoom engine for about 4 months now. Almost everything is done and it's time to start working on levels. Just about three days me and my friend, who's a real Blood/Bloodbath veteran, decided to make a multiplayer version of this project. Because the project was originally for GZDoom, i tought it wouldn't be possible to make it on ZDoom.

Well, after a few days of rewriting the code, i managed to get it working! So, let's not waste time on background story, and let's get to the actual video! This was recoreded yesterday while me and my friend were testing things out. Just to remind you, many things were still broken, but it was still helluva nice playing! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZGgx7cOyCA

So, you liked it? Good going, pal! Here's some detailed information on what's done and what's not:

Caleb himself: Everything is done. You can set him on fire, gib him and watch the bloody mess fly up in the sky (with his cool hat), and break his soul with voodoo doll.

Burning Caleb: It had weird sound problems on the video, but i fixed it later. So it's pretty much done.

Soul'd Caleb (aka. Finish Him Caleb): Done and done.

FlareGun: Altfire just needs a sound ripped.

Pitchfork: Done <3

Shotgun: Done, thanks to Tormentor667.

Tommy-gun: Altfire doesn't work quite well, but it's first on my list to fix.

Napalm Cannon/Incernator: Needs altfire. Otherwise it's done.

Dynamites: Instant explosion and bouncy styles done. Shame, Doom doesn't support that 'hold the button to throw harder' :(

Aerosol Canisters: Needs little tweaking here and there.

Tesla: Done and done.

Life-Leech: I can't make it to hurt player if it's out of ammo, so i had to make an altfire that shoots much more ammo, but hurts player. Normal shooting just drains ammo.

Voodoo doll: It was quite broken in the video, but it's done now.

Basically (after fixing all the weapons) i need to make weapon decals, animations for dynamites and aerosol canisters zippo when weapon is selected, tweaks on players speed and jump height, and Blood hud.

ZBloodBath is played best on Skulltag. It has neat annoucers, Q3A styled medals and other neat things.

I haven't decided an actual release date for this yet, but i promise it will be released before summer! I have other mod/tc projects for Doom, so i won't be working only on this, even tough this is first on my list \o/

Oh, i forgot! Because most of the enemies are done, i was thinking of making invasion maps for this, too! What is invasion you ask? Well, dumb sir, i tell you.

Invasion is simply a game where players hold enemies from getting inside their base. Usually there is hundreds of enemies rushing towards well armed players. Invasions comes in waves. First wave has less enemies and players don't get much weapons, and supplies. After killing the first wave, some doors open in player's base, giving them more weapons and stuff, and of course, spawning more enemies next time. :offtopic:

Btw, sorry for my bad skillz on english :-x

- Hasuak :phantasm:
predator
Lead Mapper

Post by predator »

Hey, that's really cool! Thanks for posting.

The music in that video doesn't fit Blood if you ask me but your project itself looks very interesting. Some sounds and effects (like teleport effect) don't belong there but generally gameplay looks cool. I'd love to try it sometime so make sure you post here when you decide to release your stuff. :)

Also... a video from Winter Wonderland would be very nice. Or Bodies... :twisted:
Hasuak
Rat

Post by Hasuak »

Heh, thanks!

That song i used there was Blood's 'theme' song or something like that. It's not on that level anymore, tho.

I have tried to convert Blood levels to Doom, but with no luck, so most of the levels will be brand new. I see if i can take even some levels. Can you remember the filenames of those you said, because the converter i use needs them.

Oh, by the way. Huge amounts of bugs are fixed and things are done, and im going to play with my friends when i get Voodo doll and Napalm launcher's altfire done. I promise to put it on Youtube for the great win \o/

Drakan

Necv Xouhkot

Post by Drakan »

Wow dude. This is looking pretty awesome!
predator
Lead Mapper

Post by predator »

Hasuak wrote:Can you remember the filenames of those you said, because the converter i use needs them.
Sure, they are called bb1-bb8, the ones I mentioned are bb2 and bb3.
You can try bb3 first - it's the simplest level in Blood.
Hasuak
Rat

Post by Hasuak »

Thanks for replies, ppl!

I'll start working on these maps right away! :)

If someone is interested in testing, add hauskahaaska@hotmail.com to your MSN and get the latest version of Skulltag ready.

Akosh

Post by Akosh »

Hasuak, coolaborate with the guys, who works on The Blood TC for ZDoom, please! :D
http://numerometria.com/blood.htm

Sorry, for my bad english... :roll:
Hasuak
Rat

Post by Hasuak »

Naah. This is going to be just Multiplayer game. ZBlood was kinda nice, but it needs alot of fixes and changes. Like, Cerberus. What the hell? It was just an basic enemy that was taken down with like, three or four blasts with shotgun. Way to f*** up one of the greatest enemies/bosses in FPS universe. Other things i didn't like was Phantom (you could shoot him even when he was 'invisible'), Pistol (who needs one when you got flare gun?), lack of tesla, too many Tchernobogs (okay, it's good for storyline, but still.. Dunno), and many other things.

Gore stuff and balance was pretty much there, but something was amiss.

That's pretty much why i'm going to make this one completely alone. Maybe someday, when this is complete, i'm gonna start making my own singleplayer episodes and recreating other singleplayer things.

Sorry for bashing ZBlood down to the lowest pits of hell, but it deserved it. But don't worry. Things can be fixed and be forgiven.

I Live...AGAIN
Cabal member

Post by I Live...AGAIN »

Thats really cool. nice Job!
Akosh

Post by Akosh »

Hasuak wrote:Maybe someday, when this is complete, i'm gonna start making my own singleplayer episodes and recreating other singleplayer things.
Please do that. 8)
Zardoz
Fanatic

Post by Zardoz »

Could someone please explain what a "3d floor" is. It's something GZdoom claims to have that zdoom and Jdoom don't (at least I can't find where they say they use such a feature).
Hasuak
Rat

Post by Hasuak »

Normally, sectors in Doom engine(s) supports only raised and lowered floors and ceilings. 3d floors are sectors floating in air, not being attached to floor or ceiling. With that, you can make bridges that you can walk under or on. They are tricky to make, but you can create really nice architecture with them.

Hope that answers your question :D

Zardoz
Fanatic

Post by Zardoz »

And now for an even more embarassing question.

Zblood couldn't replecate blood's room-over-room "trick".

So does GZblood have any more potential at recreating blood levels faithfully?
Hasuak
Rat

Post by Hasuak »

I don't exactly know about that. I've never really understood the whole room over room trick. With Z/GZDoom's portal tricks and such, i was able to recreate many things.

For example, i've heard talking about the courtyard of Blood's E1M1. I see nothing really special about it, and could recreate it pretty well. Can someone give more info about this Blood's room over room thing?
hund_
Axe Zombie

Post by hund_ »

Hasuak wrote:Sorry for bashing ZBlood down to the lowest pits of hell, but it deserved it. But don't worry. Things can be fixed and be forgiven.
so where do we get an alpha version of your mod?
is there one?

your youtube video makes me wanna stay with transfusion for dm[bots].

i already know how awesome zblood is in coop on the lan how does your mod improve on it?