Blood idea for Duke Nukem port .

Cool ideas, unfortunately, they breach copyright.
TheChosenOne
Axe Zombie

Blood idea for Duke Nukem port .

Post by TheChosenOne »

Hey there guys i have been wondering for years about this idea , make a mod for Eduke32 that would be based on the blood universe that would take place in past round 1899 and 1930 with real weapons like tommygun and 1911 dynamites and that kind of weapons. I would use textures from the original and weapons would be 3d models and you know now that duke supports 3d models i would make the enviroment 3d, skyboxes,etc .... The thing is, should i work on this or do you think this a good idea.... tell me what you think :shrug:
Vuzeth
Deceptossum

Post by Vuzeth »

If you will actually work on it it's good idea, otherwise it's not. Why? Because people like you are flooding all Blood-related forums. Idea itself is too primitive to be worth something, but work is appreciated.
Kazashi
Shadow Warrior

Post by Kazashi »

Despite the unnecessary edge on his tone, Vuzeth has a point. People have come and gone suggesting that mod X and mod Y be built, and often simply suggesting the idea for someone else to do without contributing anything themselves. Even when they do put the effort in and make something the finished product is very often unrealised (e.g. WinBlood).

It really is up to you whether to work on it or not. Don't be put off by comments other people make, whether the idea is too primitive, whether it's any value to them etc. You have to want to do it.
TheChosenOne
Axe Zombie

Post by TheChosenOne »

Yeah i know what you mean the problem is sometimes i got big ideas here and there then it's stops. The real problem is that you need as many insparation as possible. Mostly mod making somehow needs more people to help out. :|
mouth
Acolyte

Post by mouth »

Oh great... Another Blood remake/mod/port thread. :roll:
leileilol

o^_^o

Post by leileilol »

what's sad is that when people use blood graphics they get accused for stealing from zblood for zdoom/skulltag thinking that's an 100% original tc
Vuzeth
Deceptossum

Post by Vuzeth »

TheChosenOne wrote:Mostly mod making somehow needs more people to help out. :|
Inspiration doesn't last forever. Why don't you join Transfusion team if you really willing to work on Blood remake, mod, or whatever, instead of organizing your own Transfusion, or variation? That's no use, really.
Slink

Not to be a dick, but...

Post by Slink »

One of the things that is useful to our team is freelance work. That is to say there may be odd jobs or small tasks that need completion to achieve a short-term goal.

For example, we may have many unfinished textures/surfaces, but only a few may need completion for a certain map we are finishing.

I understand your urge for creativity. Let me give you some advice...
Challenge your inspiration by taking on a simple small task that you would not have chosen otherwise.

Suppress your urge to WORK because if you release your creativity to quickly, it will dissipate.

Channel your creativity effectively, successively completing a checklist.
Please let us know if you are interested in furthering development on Transfusion. If so, please give us a list of skills OR talents that you can put to use, including any of the following:
* Coding
* 2D art
* 3D art
* Mapping

etc., and ANY TOOLS (software) you are familiar with that may help in those areas. If so, perhaps we can update and publicize our TO-DO list.

Please note, this is merely speculation from my own mouth.
TheChosenOne
Axe Zombie

Post by TheChosenOne »

I don't think i'm good with any of those things :cry: but i'm still learning every day . But still this idea i want to make it work somehow maybe keeping it to something low maybe 5 maps and some enemies. Maybe someone who could help me out with a story line like between snow forrest, home town, caraval, mountain pass to end boss maybe anything so maybe i could release something this christmas this year :guns:
wangho
Acolyte

Post by wangho »

here's a novel idea. instead of doing something weird,like porting stuff, just use the original Blood mapedit and make a normal Blood addon
Slink

Not to be a dick, but...

Post by Slink »

The point was that Duke is open source, I think...
Tchernobog
Tchernobog's Love Child

Post by Tchernobog »

DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

Unfortunately, due to the potential illegal nature porting Blood materials to other Build engines I'm going to move it to Unfortunate Bystanders.

If it's not a mod for either Blood, Blood 2, or Transfusion proper, please discuss the project elsewhere.