Blood HUD for Doom3

Cool ideas, unfortunately, they breach copyright.
Willis

Master of the Mask
Lead Programmer

Post by Willis »

The project can always use good graphics artists, and you certainly show great potential.

One graphic I'd like to see updated soon for Transfusion, and since it is the original topic here in a way, is the actual HUD graphic (tile2200). Doesn't really need an overboard redo, just something a bit sharper imo.
boss429
Cabal member

Post by boss429 »

HYPE wrote:yay no stone this time. hope you dont miss the bricks :D

Image[/img]
Nice work. I'd suggest turning down the scratch overlay layer a bit, you could try putting it on a layer style like soft light if it isn't already.
You could probably even make the shadows at the top of the bevels a little darker and the line at the bottom of the bevels lighter.

The sprite seems to have a little dirt on the right side too.
Also on the orange door handle or whatever it is; try to pick colors a little closer to the original (not so red, more orange)

Keep up the good work.
HYPE
Cultist

Post by HYPE »

boss429 wrote:
HYPE wrote:yay no stone this time. hope you dont miss the bricks :D

Image[/img]
Nice work. I'd suggest turning down the scratch overlay layer a bit, you could try putting it on a layer style like soft light if it isn't already.
You could probably even make the shadows at the top of the bevels a little darker and the line at the bottom of the bevels lighter.

The sprite seems to have a little dirt on the right side too.
Also on the orange door handle or whatever it is; try to pick colors a little closer to the original (not so red, more orange)

Keep up the good work.
okay made the modifications as you suggested. Not sure about the dirt, maybe its rust, so I made it rusty :D

HYPE
Cultist

Post by HYPE »

next one

HYPE
Cultist

Post by HYPE »

Willis wrote: One graphic I'd like to see updated soon for Transfusion, and since it is the original topic here in a way, is the actual HUD graphic (tile2200). Doesn't really need an overboard redo, just something a bit sharper imo.
something in that direction, maybe?

Willis

Master of the Mask
Lead Programmer

Post by Willis »

HYPE wrote:
Willis wrote: One graphic I'd like to see updated soon for Transfusion, and since it is the original topic here in a way, is the actual HUD graphic (tile2200). Doesn't really need an overboard redo, just something a bit sharper imo.
something in that direction, maybe?

That's 2201 which really doesn't need much work. That serif font really looks out of place though, blood rarely had any serif. tile2200 is the large hud like in your first post.
HYPE
Cultist

Post by HYPE »

ah yes, you are right :?
on it.
HYPE
Cultist

Post by HYPE »

hmm... not much of an improvement, but at least a bit less-pixeled :P

Slink

Not to be a dick, but...

Post by Slink »

HYPE wrote:hmm... not much of an improvement, but at least a bit less-pixeled :P

You have nearly answered my un-asked request! :) Can you possibly remake a nice rendition of the BLOOD HUD? :D It would be nice in TFN. If you want to, I would say, "Keep those pizzed off gargoyle heads true to their original image." ;) -Slink
HYPE
Cultist

Post by HYPE »

hm, as I am no artist, I think it may be a bit hard for me to remake that HUD with all of its fancy details, but its maybe possible.
HYPE
Cultist

Post by HYPE »

I dont get it done, I am not able to repaint the skulls and the gargoyle's heads. The Frame should be no big deal, but only resized skulls etc maybe sucks.
Later this day If I'm lucky and she's there I ask a friend of mine, an artist if she maybe can help me with it ^^
HYPE
Cultist

Post by HYPE »

by the way, made a new texture ( tile0020 ) hope you like it!

Ransu
Cheetah

Post by Ransu »

Looks cool. Hopefully you can eventually make this into a total conversion.
Drakan

Necv Xouhkot

Post by Drakan »

I'll settle for a working HUD, sire. :D
frightfan
Caleb's Bootlicker

Post by frightfan »

HYPE wrote:hmm... not much of an improvement, but at least a bit less-pixeled :P

Here's a skull sample which can be tweaked and stylized to fit in w/the bar.
Click > Real human skull (male)
IMHO, I'd like to see a faint red fire in the skulls' eyes when items and/or weapons are collected; just a suggestion :)

As for the beasts ("gargoyles") on either side, they're meant to represent the Beast, an enemy Caleb fights in the Plasma Pak levels. As such, the shouldn't really be redesigned, just redrawn.

Trivia: The Beast was also at one-time going to be something Caleb could turn into. Caleb had a "Blood Lust" meter (or similar) and if a certain number of baddies could be killed w/i a set time, he'd transform (a la Doom's berserker mode) into a furry killing machine. There are even art tiles showing Caleb's hands transforming.

The texture of the "stone" should be slightly dull, like slate - I have a feeling that it's tempting to make it look like black/grey marble but I believe that would be a mistake.