Blood 2 mod

Cool ideas, unfortunately, they breach copyright.
predator
Lead Mapper

Post by predator »

kurt wrote:I thought Blood 2 could use an atmospheric, and spooky castle. :)
Certainly. Does that castle have cultists inside? If so show some pics please. :twisted:
Zardoz
Fanatic

Post by Zardoz »

kurt, don't show him your cultist in a spooky castle until he shows you one of his cultists in a spooky castle!
Mic
Axe Zombie

Post by Mic »

kurt wrote:My previous experiments in creating ground terrain, have produced some interesting results. So I thought I would try importing a terrain mesh model into the game as well.

It worked surprisingly well, so I'm confident that eventually this game could have some incredibly complex landscapes with hills and valleys and mountainous areas. With the right textures and lighting, I think the environments could potentially be amazing.

But this will all have to wait awhile since I'm getting tired and cranky, and I don't even want to think about all of that coding that's still waiting for me. :lol:
So - What your saying is you can import object into blood though whatever your 3D program is? I know that was done for AVP2. Can the same be done for B2?
kurt
master of the universe

Post by kurt »

Zardoz wrote:kurt, don't show him your cultist in a spooky castle until he shows you one of his cultists in a spooky castle!
Let's all show our pictures of cultists in spooky castles! :lol:

Actually the place is kind of empty at the moment but I heard that a group of monks were thinking of moving in.
Mic wrote: Can the same be done for B2?
There's actually a lot of interesting things that can now be done for Blood 2. Using terrain mesh models is only one example. But I think there's still quite a few people out there that just can't imagine that this old game can even be improved, and think I'm nuts for even trying.

Just this morning I received an email that said "you are f*** insane to be working on this game after its been released after 10 years..."

But I guess he does kind of have a point. I wasn't insane when I started all this but I suppose that I am now. :lol:

wangho
Acolyte

Post by wangho »

..but keep in mind too that there are alot of interesting things that can be done with the Build engine with Blood 1 addons as well

..on topic, That terrain looks really cool and hopefully you can pull off some great Hammer Horror type of landscapes
Zardoz
Fanatic

Post by Zardoz »

..but keep in mind too that there are alot of interesting things that can be done with the Build engine with Blood 1 addons as well

No one questions that Wangho. Sectors rule. Now if we couild only trick Ken into revitalizing Icecoldduke's winblood project... :o
kurt
master of the universe

Post by kurt »

I'm not sure why I decided to try the following experiment, but I suppose it was simply due to curiosity. I thought it was interesting enough that maybe somebody might be interested.

I opened up the Blood 2 CDM level in DEdit and exported it as a Quake map, and then I converted this map into a .3ds file. Using max 4, I then imported the .3ds file and converted it into an .lta file so that it could be used with the Jupiter engine. Surprisingly all of this actually worked.

I have no idea what any of this actually means, other then I could potentially run Blood 2 levels with Nolf 2 or Fear, or any number of other engines.

Maybe if I had a team of programmers to work with, I might actually consider following this path. But if this project is ever going to be completed then I should probably try to keep it from getting too out of control. Otherwise it might take a ridiculous number of years for all of this to ever get done.

But the idea of a more advanced engine is pretty tempting.

Zardoz
Fanatic

Post by Zardoz »

Kurt:
Maybe if I had a team of programmers to work with, I might actually consider following this path. But if this project is ever going to be completed then I should probably try to keep it from getting too out of control. Otherwise it might take a ridiculous number of years for all of this to ever get done.

But the idea of a more advanced engine is pretty tempting.
We all understand if you feel the need to move kurt.

You might want to see what can be accomplished (if anything) by reversing the process- i.e. turning a jupiter map into a lith 1.0. Maybe easier mapping? More complex geometry? Maybye people who won't contribute to a lith 1.0 dedit project will contribute to a jupiter dedit (or quake) project. Who knows?
kurt
master of the universe

Post by kurt »

I think for me personally, there's a certain challenge that I find compelling, in working with this old engine.

It's sort of like the difference between working on an old car instead of just going out and buying a new one. Sure, the new car would be better, but improving the old one really does bring a whole lot of satisfaction.

A new engine would be nice. But maybe with a new set of spark plugs and a fresh coat of paint, lithtech 1.0 could be as good as new. :)

Mic
Axe Zombie

Post by Mic »

kurt wrote:I think for me personally, there's a certain challenge that I find compelling, in working with this old engine.

It's sort of like the difference between working on an old car instead of just going out and buying a new one. Sure, the new car would be better, but improving the old one really does bring a whole lot of satisfaction.

A new engine would be nice. But maybe with a new set of spark plugs and a fresh coat of paint, lithtech 1.0 could be as good as new. :)
I agree with Kurt on this point - Too bad the makers of this "car" welded the hood shut so you cant work on the engine! Or even change the oil! All you can do is dress it up with new lights and a paint job.

(OH, Now I get it! The engine makes the thing go!!!) LOL :evillaugh:
Caleb --2nd
Zealot

Post by Caleb --2nd »

nice
the water looks like blue blood
i liked it (:
kurt
master of the universe

Post by kurt »

My friend here still needs plenty of work but he's getting there....

Caleb --2nd
Zealot

Post by Caleb --2nd »

he now looks like the beauty version of bin laden
I Live...AGAIN
Cabal member

Post by I Live...AGAIN »

I love him, he makes my knees buckle.
yhe1
Rat

Post by yhe1 »

Kurt, an suggestion for your Blood 2 mod: Can you make it so that two one handed weapons can be wielded @ the same time?