Blood 2 mod

Cool ideas, unfortunately, they breach copyright.
RedFanatic
A More Tidy Caleb

Post by RedFanatic »

Amazing Kurt!

This is going to be dubbed Blood 2: Official Ver
Drink more coffee man i'm pretty sure you can survive with only two hours of sleep a night,
a small price to pay for the project :P :D
kurt
master of the universe

Post by kurt »

Sorry, I just ran out of coffee and dozed off there for awhile.

I hadn't really thought of releasing anything at this point because there's still so much left that needs to be done. The AI and physics need to be completely overhauled, so at the moment, the gameplay wouldn't really be much of an improvement over what it was, in my opinion. Also the textures, skins and sprites are continuously being adjusted and refined so the end product may look and feel a lot differently then it currently does, as I try new things.

It really is a work in progress at the moment. But if you'd still like to have some sort of pre-alpha demo to check out, then I suppose I could look into setting something up.

But first I have to go out and get some coffee.
Necrosis
Bubble Wrap Man
*not Canadian*

Post by Necrosis »

Screw coffee, get yourself some Bawls. >>
kurt
master of the universe

Post by kurt »

Hmm. Maybe I'll have both. Then I'll never have to sleep again.
Slink

Not to be a dick, but...

Post by Slink »

Having to sleep is one thing, but not feeling like you need to... :) That can kill you. ;)

Necrosis, Bawls? You're one of THOSE people. :) What do those cost; $2.50 a bottle? Might as well buy some cocaine. (Seriously, don't buy either. ;) )
Drakan

Necv Xouhkot

Post by Drakan »

Slink wrote:Dude, you would fart a mess into your pants if you saw some of the lighting tricks you can do with Build. (mapedit)
Hahahahahahaha.

I <3 slink.
Ransu
Cheetah

Post by Ransu »

Maybe a beta of this will be released soon. :)
Necrosis
Bubble Wrap Man
*not Canadian*

Post by Necrosis »

I got a 4 pack of cans (16 oz each) for $7. Decently priced IMO, and doesn't taste like s*** (I hate coffee).

Bottles are $2 where I get them, though. :(
wangho
Acolyte

Post by wangho »

Necrosis wrote:I got a 4 pack of cans (16 oz each) for $7. Decently priced IMO, and doesn't taste like s*** (I hate coffee).

Bottles are $2 where I get them, though. :(
ive always hated coffee
Necrosis
Bubble Wrap Man
*not Canadian*

Post by Necrosis »

I've actually had one good coffee, but it didn't act like coffee at all, so I don't even know if it was coffee. It just CLAIMED to be coffee.
Slink

Not to be a dick, but...

Post by Slink »

Yeah, they sell some organic crapshaithe that is like coffee, but not... :)
kurt
master of the universe

Post by kurt »

I was planning on putting together a few levels as a demo today. But then it became quite a time consuming hassle trying to sort through all the textures and sounds for those particuliar levels. Then I thought of the fact that it was because of this forum that this project was given new life. So to say thanks I'm presenting a special pre-beta version of the game that includes all of the textures and sounds for all of the levels.

This isn't however the most recent build of the game, but it is the most stable. There have been many changes made to the coding in the past month, but unfortunately the game has a habit of crashing a great deal more as a result. So rather than subject you to that, I chose to use the most recent stable version.

Just to let you know, the file's been compressed with 7-zip, and its rather large at 98mb compressed, and 218mb uncompressed. So its up to you whether you want to download this pre-beta version of the game or not. Just keep in mind that this is still a work in progress, and there's a whole lot left to be done.

I hope you enjoy the new look and feel of the game, and I'll appreciate any feedback or comments, both good and bad.
You can get a copy here.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/nb4pv7
predator
Lead Mapper

Post by predator »

Great, I'll grab it on Friday evening and give it a try.
I'll give you some feedback after I'm done with the testing.
Last edited by predator on Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jethro
Fanatic

Post by Jethro »

Huh, I'm downloading it right now, but I'm afraid I'll play it after Easter :/ i just don't have apropriate hardware at home.
Anyway, thanks for releasing this content!
I Live...AGAIN
Cabal member

Post by I Live...AGAIN »

Just played the first few levels. Very enjoyable Kurt! It's great to be able to mow down some good old cultists for a change :D

I love the HUD also, being able to see it in person and not a screenshot is always cool.

Cant wait for more!

Edit:OK I played half-way through Chapter two. I'm really liking the old Blood feel. I really cant believe how much work you have aready done to this Kurt.

I took the liberty of using your rez's with the levels I was working on, much cooler with your improvements.