anyone play timesplitters?

Anything gaming related that is not red and gooey goes in here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

Icer
Axe Zombie

anyone play timesplitters?

Post by Icer »

its a way cool game, even though the first one had no sotryline and the second one had a little bit of sotry line everything is majorly updated in the 3rd one, but i miss my favorite character, shock trooper, from the first one. maybe free readical will make another timesplitters, or a remake of ts1. :shrug:
Lizzy
Is she coming or going?

Post by Lizzy »

Yeah i've played all 3, my opinion, out of all 3 the 2nd is the best, the fist was ok, nuff said, the 3rd just didn't have as many features as the 2nd, it had no flame tag, how s*** was that, less levels too and some major animation cock ups during game play. free radical design aren't at this time making another timesplitters, but there working on a game called Haze for xbox 360 and ps3.
Icer
Axe Zombie

Post by Icer »

whod want to play flame tag anyway? it was exactly like virus instead of touching people untill time is out, you stay on fire untill everyone is tagged. sound pretty simular.

oh and i seen screenshots of that haze game, looks pretty sweet.
Lizzy
Is she coming or going?

Post by Lizzy »

Icer wrote:whod want to play flame tag anyway? it was exactly like virus instead of touching people untill time is out, you stay on fire untill everyone is tagged. sound pretty simular.
Well, actually on flame tag the main goal is to pass on the fire to someone else, and whoever has had the flame for the longest amount of time at the end of game play is the loser, and whoever has had it the least amount of time is the winner, the flame is removable. With virus you have to avoid the person(s) who have it, and if you catch it you have to find and hunt people down and give it to them also, but you can't get rid of it, whoever is the last man standing without the virus wins. If they were very similar what would have been the point putting it on the game? :roll:
Necrosis
Bubble Wrap Man
*not Canadian*

Post by Necrosis »

Have all 3. Got the first with my PS2. Beat it in one night. Excellent series, needs to be on PC, with online play though.
Drakan

Necv Xouhkot

Post by Drakan »

Agreed.
Icer
Axe Zombie

Post by Icer »

i just want to know why everyone feels like online play is so important about a game. if you have no freinds or people to play with, TOO BAD. stop trying to get the internet to solve all your issues.

now back on topic its a shame that the uzi didnt appear in the second or the third one, alongside the assalt rifle, that was a sick weapon. the double shotguns were also removed from timesplitters 3, whoich really blow.
Drakan

Necv Xouhkot

Post by Drakan »

Icer wrote:i just want to know why everyone feels like online play is so important about a game. if you have no freinds or people to play with, TOO BAD. stop trying to get the internet to solve all your issues.
You say that like it's a bad thing. Dumbass.
Necrosis
Bubble Wrap Man
*not Canadian*

Post by Necrosis »

While I agree with double shotguns being badass...

Try living somewhere where even the people who are your friends are assholes and you really don't like to be around most of them. Now, if there even ARE one or two you can stand, you don't exactly get easy 16-player multiplayer, now do you? You can't play, say, CTF amongst only your friends (no bots, that is, they suck) with only 2 people per team. And in TS3's Assault mode, let me say, the bots are REEEEEEALLY stupid. I'd rather give a monkey a controller, there's no reason to have to tolerate that IF THEY JUST HAVE NETPLAY.

The only way I disagree with the claim that netplay makes a game is the fighting game. This is an instance where you probably should just find people to play with, worked for me so far (in fact, I was in Ohio this weekend for a Naruto tourney). But as far as netplay goes for them, it's usually either laggy or never responds to button inputs. The FPS has no excuse, as they've been done without lag before, and you shouldn't need to have 32 people in one house, connecting their systems, and setting up 8 TVs just to play a game.

End rant.