Help me out here, good people.

Anything gaming related that is not red and gooey goes in here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

Slink

Not to be a dick, but...

Post by Slink »

Duke was nasty, but nothing quite as bad as Doom (in its day). Of course, Duke was one of the first to have flying gibs (I think Heretic was the first). Blood is pretty bad. AVP wasn't so bad because of crappy graphics, but you could decapitate people. Shadow warrior was on level with Duke, I think. In Doom, you could saw people with the chainsaw, and enemies turned into mush by explosions made a disgusting sound. Also, with super strength in Doom, you could cream enemies also. Even Half-Life is actually more violent than a few of these games...

I would say that especially with the new graphics, HL2 is pretty nasty violent. How about games where you can break necks? Now THAT is some sick $#!*.
Vuzeth
Deceptossum

Post by Vuzeth »

Cruaich wrote:... Redneck Rampage was an English game too.
I don't have an original CD as well as any english compilation :oops:
Haven't you heard enough about russian pirates? :wink:

Actually, I'm not a noob for the community. I have several guest posts, but decided to registed just yesterday. Slava banned me from their RBC. :(
Last edited by Vuzeth on Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
Hellen
The Eye of Beast

Post by Hellen »

Slink wrote:Even Half-Life is actually more violent than a few of these games...
Well, in that case, the Sims game is violent. Why not? You can build a room with no doors and place a sim there so he can starve to death. Order a sim-noob to cook a dinner and watch them all burning in the hellfire! Remove toilet/bathroom from the house and see… well, um..

You see, killing is natural for video games. Every game is violent more or less.
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

Yes, violence is pretty much standard fair for video games. Even educational, word muncher type games have some elements of violence. The point though, is that if you have to single out particularly violent video games, what would they be.
Drakan

Necv Xouhkot

Post by Drakan »

Correct, sir! Oh, and even though some of these games do have somewhat outdated voilence in them (like Doom), they're pointed out for the year they came out. Or something like that...

Vuzeth
Deceptossum

Post by Vuzeth »

Why only FPS are counted here? I think, Diablo is also very violent (in some locations)
And there are many other cruel games, made in other genres.
Hellen wrote:You see, killing is natural for video games. Every game is violent more or less.
Some old quests are not violent at all, but more than 99%...
Drakan

Necv Xouhkot

Post by Drakan »

Ghoste wrote:Why only FPS are counted here? I think, Diablo is also very violent (in some locations)
And there are many other cruel games, made in other genres.
Hellen wrote:You see, killing is natural for video games. Every game is violent more or less.
Some old quests are not violent at all, but more than 99%...
uh, hang on? Manhunt is A 3rd person stealth game and mortal kombat is a fighting game, no? Chiller an FPS? Noooo that's a lightgun game. and GTA isn't exactly a FPS either. Only FPSs here? I think not.

And Diablo may be voilent, but only because it supposed to be. You're slashing up demons with swords so I think so gore should be called for, plus.... is it KNOWN for it's voilence???
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

Maybe it would be easier to separate out Adventure themed games from the potential list. Something that is pure, unadulterated, violence; where you as the character are in supposed to be "The meanest mother-f*** in the land!" with no particular moral purpose to atone for it.

For example:
Mortal Combat fits: You’re fighting your way to the top... and it just happens to have an overly excessive amount of gore. Street Fighter had the same premise but in comparison, it was rather tame in the gore-fest dept.

Blood fits: Its whole premise is a call for revenge, and again has an excessive amount of gore. Caleb could care less about Tchernobog wanting to throw open the gates between the worlds and inherinting the earth. He was a willing participant in that... untill Tchernobog took Ophelia from him.

Kingpin fits: You play a guy bent on ousting the crime lord that dropped you in a ditch like a wet sack-a's***. Although it's not the bloodbath of the previous two, the number of underhanded, back stabbing things you can do brought gamming to a different level of debauchery.

Nothing like: "Oh No! Save the kingdom from a demon!" Or "Oh no! Hell has spilled over, now you have to the WORLD from the demons!" Oops, there go Doom and Diablo! :evillaugh:

The suffering has the potential of being on the list, but only if you choose to take the Evil ending, wich your arn't particularly forced to do.
Damien_Azreal
Satan's Spawn

Post by Damien_Azreal »

Kingpin, Solider of Fortune 1 and 2, FEAR (cannablism!!)
Slink

Not to be a dick, but...

Post by Slink »

Ghoste wrote:I think Diablo is also very violent (in some locations)...
I have to admit, the sound effects alone in Diablo2 are horrific, so much that I would cringe with satisfaction upon hearing them as a newb. They are yucky. You should hear the swing and "thwack" agains a demon skull in that game... wholesome $#!t for the whole family.
-Slink
mouth
Acolyte

Post by mouth »

Phantasmagoria had a few good killing scenes. I remember the scene where the husband force fed his wife with guts. Plus, its gfx were digitized actors which was kinda rare back then.