What game are you currently playing?

Anything gaming related that is not red and gooey goes in here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

I Live...AGAIN
Cabal member

Post by I Live...AGAIN »

I thought FC2 was a huge yawn myself. Actually, I thought the first Far Cry was pretty boring too (maybe thats why)

I have never played Jericho, is that any good?
Ransu
Cheetah

Post by Ransu »

Jericho is awesome. Don't listen to the bad ratings on it. The character AI is the only problem with it. They die a lot at times and have to be healed, but you should be able to get through it. Basically, if you like horror shooters like Blood then you should play Jericho. :wink:
Slink

Not to be a dick, but...

Post by Slink »

FC2 has a high yawn factor many times.

Beware that Jericho is very 'consolized'. So is FC2. :P Once you get over that, it seems very interesting.
Ransu
Cheetah

Post by Ransu »

I'm currently playing Wolfenstein. The game is pretty fun and the things that people may complain about are: anti-aliasing does not work, there is no leaning, the health system is like Gears of War(you get hit too much and you die unless you take cover and recover your health), the armor system was removed, and the enemy AI often takes cover in areas where they are exposed(but the new enemies make up for this flaw such as the assassins which use invisibility although it's kind of a ripoff of F.E.A.R.'s assassins). Overall, the game is great despite the flaws. :)
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

I seem to remember a review that they claimed it pretty much just ripps off the story from the first Hellboy movie (sans the BPRD).

Any credence to that, or does it seem to be more a progression of it's own story line? ie. Nazi super science combined with the flavor of the occult.
Ransu
Cheetah

Post by Ransu »

The storyline is like the previous game where the nazis seek power from ancient technology from another dimension and that stuff. As for the gameplay being similar to other games, the Thule Medallion you gain in the game has a veil mode that is similar to Prey's spirit walk where you can see secret areas, an empowerment mode similar to Doom 3: Resurrection of Evil's berserk power from the Artifact, slow time like in F.E.A.R., and a shield that protects you from bullets which I don't know of any games that have that.
I Live...AGAIN
Cabal member

Post by I Live...AGAIN »

How is multiplayer? Is it same basic gameplay as RTCW?
Ransu
Cheetah

Post by Ransu »

Haven't tried multiplayer so I don't know, but apparently it's sort of like Enemy Territory which I've played before. Ah this would tell you more. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolfenstei ... ultiplayer
Copy and paste the link.
stephenhope
Rat

Post by stephenhope »

Right now I am playing FIFA 10.I have played all FIFA games and waiting to play football on PES.

Slink

Not to be a dick, but...

Post by Slink »

Blew thru Assassin's Creed, and now Crysis (on my nV 9800 GTX+). It plays, but it's not stellar. Looks pretty tho.
RedFanatic
A More Tidy Caleb

Post by RedFanatic »

I was very impressed by Crysis, was a bit into it before i was so impressed i stopped to wait for a new hardward upgrade so's i could play with the smoothness intended.

at the moment though i'm on TombRaider Underworld....not a massive fan of the TR games but this one is just so pretty i made an exception.
Slink

Not to be a dick, but...

Post by Slink »

RedFanatic wrote:I was very impressed by Crysis, was a bit into it before i was so impressed i stopped to wait for a new hardward upgrade so's i could play with the smoothness intended.

at the moment though i'm on TombRaider Underworld....not a massive fan of the TR games but this one is just so pretty i made an exception.
Did you ever get an adequate hardware upgrade? :)

TR:U is quite pretty, yes.
RedFanatic
A More Tidy Caleb

Post by RedFanatic »

Well it's sort of all up in the air at the moment, the plan was to upgrade by selling the previous hardware to a friend....but he delayed for ages and then his mum died :( which kinda sucks for several reasons first and foremost someone died, but also it ment the upgrade plan is now even more delayed.

So short answer no. but with the Very latest ATI card and a sizzeling mother board i should imagine it'll be smooth as silk, my bro is a IT guy and he spent 3 days planning out all the hardware options for the upgrade, the pain of it is it's been so long that'll all have to be done again now :reallymad:
Tchernobog
Tchernobog's Love Child

Post by Tchernobog »

Been playing through the Enemy Territory: Quake Wars demo... great fun. Best implementation of vehicles I have seen in a game. :guns:
I Live...AGAIN
Cabal member

Post by I Live...AGAIN »

I prefer the Battlefield series myself (1942 and 2142 mostly) for implementation of vehicles.

I enjoyed ET:Quake Wars also, too bad it never had a chance to be as good as the original Enemy Territory.

I am trying to finish Sacred 2 and Torchlight atm. I have Borderlands but dont know when I will play it.