The official Necrosis gameblab thread

Anything gaming related that is not red and gooey goes in here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

I'v found the PoP series easier with consol rather than on PC... however for the shear sticker shock ($49 PS2 vs $29 or $39 on the PC) it's probably worth getting it for the PC.

And the lesson is: "Never buy consol new." I should probably start looking for God of War.
Necrosis
Bubble Wrap Man
*not Canadian*

Post by Necrosis »

I had Sands of Time from the Christmas after it came out. My brother gets me nice stuff for Christmas. :) I got Warrior Within on a HUUUUUGE buying spree. I think this was the full list: Resident Evil 0, 1, 2, 3, 4 (GC), F-Zero GX, Warrior Within. I have a PS2 copy of Sands (because this was the same Christmas when I first got my Xbox, and long before I got my PC, either of which I would have preferred it on), and an Xbox copy of Warrior Within (though, now that I've played a PoP on Xbox, the PS2 controller handles it a LOT better). I do get that kind of thing on PC nowadays, mainly because I can plug PS2 controllers into my computer (I got that for DDR), but I hate playing with a keyboard. :|

God of War is still $50 over here. :(
Necrosis
Bubble Wrap Man
*not Canadian*

Post by Necrosis »

And here we go a-something.

I've just recieved Burnout Revenge, which I have yet to start playing but I quite love the series and game.

I started playing Stick Arena (XGen Studios' new game), and despite being very VERY unbalanced it is mad-crazy fun. My username is Necrosis42.

I intend to get Call of Duty 2 and Stubbs the Zombie soon, but I can't quite do that right now.

Elaboration upon request.
da_weezle
Acolyte

Post by da_weezle »

You're just a game-nut, aren't you? :)
r_cain
The Drinking God

Post by r_cain »

Yep, dont you have a job necro?
Necrosis
Bubble Wrap Man
*not Canadian*

Post by Necrosis »

13 years old, lots of cash at the moment. Life is good. 8)
r_cain
The Drinking God

Post by r_cain »

utter git
Necrosis
Bubble Wrap Man
*not Canadian*

Post by Necrosis »

I have purchased Call of Duty 2, expect comments added to this post soon.

Added: Wow. I knew it was immersive on the 360, it looks excellent on the 360, but wow. It's running really smoothly... Graphical shock here... And the game is really nice, now that I've got the hang of it I'm doing really good. It's epic, really. I'm having a really good time with it. And it stands as the first game I've ever played where 2x anti-aliasing and one resolution lower runs better.

More added: An actual opinion on Call of Duty 2, since I hadn't given one yet. Basically, it's very intense. I LOVED the Russian part, it was really what defined the game as a winner for me from the start. The British part sucked at the beginning so that slowed down the action (but I did find a hilarious glitch, confusing the game into thinking I still needed to do the ending objective and making my CO run in circles and shoot at his buddies...) And the D-Day? Possibly the most intense thing I have ever played. It's a really great game.
Necrosis
Bubble Wrap Man
*not Canadian*

Post by Necrosis »

Indigo Prophecy tomorrow... 8)
Drakan

Necv Xouhkot

Post by Drakan »

...Where'd you get the money if I may ask?
Necrosis
Bubble Wrap Man
*not Canadian*

Post by Necrosis »

I get $10 or $20 (on pretty much any special occasion) a week from my grandparents, which is my main source of income. I get $5 whenever we need to shovel. I just had a Christmas party, so that scored me a couple hundred dollars.

No Stubbs yet... I really need to get that one online or something.

Added: Oh, also, The Warriors is AWESOME in co-op. It's like a party game almost. Only meh alone, but bring other players in and AWESOME. I'll probably nab it when it gets cheap. And I almost picked up Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes for GC, but the only copy they had had... er... Glue... on... it... I dunno.
boss429
Cabal member

Post by boss429 »

Necrosis wrote:I get $10 or $20 (on pretty much any special occasion) a week from my grandparents, which is my main source of income. I get $5 whenever we need to shovel. I just had a Christmas party, so that scored me a couple hundred dollars.

No Stubbs yet... I really need to get that one online or something.
I have Stubbs for Xbox it is really odd. In one level you get attacked by barbershop quartet guys armed with laser guns and jet packs...
Are you getting it for PC or Xbox?

I'm planning on getting CoD2 for Xbox 1, I played the demo on Xbox360 at a store it was awsome.
Necrosis
Bubble Wrap Man
*not Canadian*

Post by Necrosis »

Well, I'm DEFINITELY going PC. I always do. I wouldn't MIND an Xbox copy, but hey, why bother with that when I prefer PC anyways (and not to mention it'd be easier to get a PC one here).

I don't think CoD2's the same on Xbox/PS2. :shrug:
Necrosis
Bubble Wrap Man
*not Canadian*

Post by Necrosis »

Ok, a couple opinions in this post.

Indigo Prophecy... Well, if you at all like adventure games or games that are more about the plot than having any gameplay at all (more movie than game?), GET IT NOW. IT'S MADE FOR YOU. The plot is possibly the most epic plot I have ever seen in a video game, and the action scenes become increasingly both unfeasable and AMAZING. Even if you don't generally like the kind of game, I beat it in something like 7 hours, rent it. You might enjoy it. I'm getting another of the 5 endings sometime.

Kirby Canvas Curse. Typical DS fare in that it's a game that really feels gimmicky. However, it is a FUN game that feels gimmicky. You basically make Kirby move around as a ball and hit things, but you draw his path at points. I was skeptical at first, but I am in awe at how fun something so simple can be. You still steal powers, and tapping Kirby either uses them or if you don't have one it dashes. I suppose it's the first REALLY good DS game, and that's always a good thing.
Necrosis
Bubble Wrap Man
*not Canadian*

Post by Necrosis »

I'm playing Darkwatch now. I decided with Indigo beaten, my interest in CoD2 waning for the moment (I'm like 95% of the way through it, so I'm playing a few minutes a day), Burnout being really long anyways, The Warriors requiring my brother to actually play (we're co-oping, and then giving it back)...

Anyways, the game works really well. It feels like a nice balance of new and old movement, which I tend to like. You can only have 2 guns at once, but that is balanced by their power (crossbow with exploding arrows? Hell yes!). They opted for a Good/Evil thing, and it actually DOES affect gameplay. You get to use powers based on your alignment, right now I have one good power (I tend to do good first, then replay with evil; Fable was an exception and damned if I'm not happy for that) called Silver Bullet, which seems to give temporary gun power boost. If I had gone Evil I would have gotten a melee upgrade power, but whatever. On that subject, melee is done well. Headshots tend to send the heads flying. It's a really good game for now at least.