Painkiller Addon: Battle out of Hell

Anything gaming related that is not red and gooey goes in here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

Willis

Master of the Mask
Lead Programmer

Post by Willis »

Kazashi wrote:Looks like I need to finish the original first :oops:
I'm on the same boat.
I loved the game when it came out, but it was terribly buggy, and wasn't fixed to my satisfaction by version 1.1, so I gave up on it.

Looks like they've released a few patches, and I'm pretty sure most of my qualms have been fixed.

Have BOOH on the way, should be here soon, but won't play it until I finish the original.
Damien_Azreal
Satan's Spawn

Post by Damien_Azreal »

If you wait til BooH shows up and intsall it, it'll upgrade your current version of Painkiller to the latest patch.
Daedalus
The Dreaming God

Post by Daedalus »

Oi, Damien, where's our art? :)

Who was this 'Dimebag' character anyway?
Gila
Ye Olde Bloodite

Post by Gila »

he was the guitarist in the heavy metal band panthera.
a jolly good fella he was, everybody says.
and a great guitarist. in short, a legend.
he was shot ON STAGE by some f*** up fan.
Damien_Azreal
Satan's Spawn

Post by Damien_Azreal »

Ðædalu§ Ðeathmask wrote:Oi, Damien, where's our art? :)

Who was this 'Dimebag' character anyway?
My art is on it's way... I got sidetracked with work and the whole x-mas s***, plus my girl friend and PC games. :D But it's on it's way to Willis soon enough, sorry I forgot about it. (10 hour work days will do that to ya)

And like Gila said... Dimebag was a great guitarist and musician. He played in Pantera and Damageplan. Last week on wednesday a deranged fan of Pantera (who blammed Dimebag for Pantera's breakup) crawled up on stage and shot Darrell 5 times in the head. :cry: He also killed a couple other people and wounded a few more. The cops did take him down though.

I was/am a huge Pantera fan... and so this was almost devistating to me. I've been listening to the song "Cemetary Gates" over and over again, it's my fav Pantera song.

Okay... back on topic with Painkiller: BooH.
Number II
Fanatic

Post by Number II »

It isn't a good thing that the deeds of such a creature could affect you.

As for Painkiller, I have only played the demo. It was slow (but admittedly with an effect to it because of that) and it crashed on me constantly, but what I did get out of it was good.

GeForce 2 card doesn't like to be strained that way, will get another piece of hardware for this one.

It reminds me slightly of Blood, and that is a feat on its own and never a bad thing.
hund_
Axe Zombie

Post by hund_ »

Damien_Azreal wrote:If you wait til BooH shows up and intsall it, it'll upgrade your current version of Painkiller to the latest patch.
it will also kill all your pk saved games.just move pk to say the desktop and install booh stand alone[it works]it will say painkiller but rename it to say painkiller_booh or something.then move the original install back.
Damien_Azreal
Satan's Spawn

Post by Damien_Azreal »

it will also kill all your pk saved games.
Really? It didn't mess up my Painkiller save games. And that's the first time I've heard of it doing that, no one else I've talked to had any problems.