Serious Sam 2...

Anything gaming related that is not red and gooey goes in here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

Damien_Azreal
Satan's Spawn

Serious Sam 2...

Post by Damien_Azreal »

I picked up a copy of Computer Games June issue today. The Serious Sam 2 preview is awesome.
It's got pics of the new Kleer (creepy as hell) and the new Beheaded Kamikaze (very cool/funny)

I don't have a scanner, so I can't post scans... but I can post some of the article for ya. By typing it myself, I'm not gonna do the whole thing... only part. I'm pretty bored today.

On the engine...

"Whereas other recent high-profile shooters proudly flourished 900 variations on lightless corridors festooned on the rafters with steam-wreathed pipes, misty ducts, and faintly smoking gratings, all golf-clappably rich in detail and uniformity, Serious Sam lovingly shrivels your retinas to raisins with vibrant, fully destructable environments that look nothing alike, or like anything you've seend. Simply put, Serious Sam II just feels alive."

On the game...

"Serious Sam II features a much beefier storyline complete with cheerfully goofy cutscenes detailing cheerfully goofy interplanetary mission odjectives."

"Serious Sam II features a variety of topographies, from bucolic tropical islands, swampy marshes, and ridges of sizzling lava to snowy ice fortresses, Chinese cities called Hong Pong ruled by John Shlong whose inhabitants apparently worship King Kong, and even a "Valley of the Giants" segmant replete with skyscraper-high grass blades and Prius-sized sand grains. (The team is toying with the notion of adding ride-able giant ants to this section, if time permits) Sam's boss opponent is still known simply as Mental"

On enemies...

"In keeping with Croteam's taste for the gleefully deranged, the 42 types of minions Sam squares off against run the strangely consistant gamut of zombie stockbrokers and witches swooping around on rocket-powered brooms and in surprisingly agile floating cauldrons, to gargantuan demons on tank treads with rocket launchers for fists, chicken-legged robot-walkers with the head of T-rexes, and sinister clowns who fling delicious but exploding cakes frosted sinisterly with images of your official legal likeness."

"While updated versions of the universally beloved, steadily screaming, shirtless runners with heads for bombs, and a more metallic but equally infuriating breed of those pesky skeletal equines with the nerve racking gallop known as Kleers are also on hand by the hundreds to insistenly remind you of glorious endurance tests past."

And finally, weapons...

"Croteam has beefed up Sam's arsenal. In addition to a basic circular saw blade that's perfect for dispatching oncoming hordes of monsters and rows of stationary trees alike, Sam also gets grenades, a guided-missle zap gun, a double-barrel super shotgun heftier than Doom 3's BFG, a six-barrel rocket launcher, a minigun, an Uzi (upgraded from the tommy gun), a plasma rifle covered with blue test tubes, a sniper rifle, an upgraded cannon with helpful gauges for both ammo and trajectory, a gun that launches parrot-guided explosives (don't worry, they're humanely vaporized), and something called a Serious Bomb that probably causes something to happen when you do something with it."

Oh yeah, vehicles...

"Sam will be able to man, ignore or destroy a varietyof different turret types, as well as get a chance to pilot at least ten different types of vehicles, from speeder bikes to hoverboards, helicopters, planes, and gunboats. There's also a giant ball covered with razor spikes you can climb inside and roll around in, smashing into clusters of monsters."

Co-op will be back, and there's a bunch more stuff on the technicle side of it. Plus a little interview with the head guys of Croteam and some other stuff.
I picked the mag up at EB for about five bucks, I would say it's worth it.

There ya go... hope you all like it.
Drakan

Necv Xouhkot

Post by Drakan »

Tons upon tons of vehicles? Co-Op os going to own!
Damien_Azreal
Satan's Spawn

Post by Damien_Azreal »

16 player co-op as well. 8)
mouth
Acolyte

Post by mouth »

Croteam? Is that like Croatia Team? lol
sillyness runs in the family
And yesterday I saw you kissing tiny flowers...
And weren't those tears that filled your eyes?
mmmmm, that's the way it ought to be...
Daedalus
The Dreaming God

Post by Daedalus »

I'm confused.
)))000(((
Cultist

Post by )))000((( »

Serious Sam 2 is gonna be much more goofier then the first one! :lol: :P :lol:
Willis

Master of the Mask
Lead Programmer

Post by Willis »

Hmm, all those bright new screenshots from E3, then this one:

makes me even happier! :)
Damien_Azreal
Satan's Spawn

Post by Damien_Azreal »

There are a few trailers out and around. I've got two little 30 second videos. And a three mintue E3 trailer, it shows some pretty cool looking stuff. I love it.

I've got a friend at 3DR donwloading another trailer for me, it's size has my internet connection laughing at me. It's a 30 minute video of various gameplay, levels and other stuff. With the developers talking about the game.
Damien_Azreal
Satan's Spawn

Post by Damien_Azreal »

Official announcement was made yesterday at the seriouszone forums.

Serious Sam 2's official release date is October 10, no DVD version will be released in the US (They said there was a very good reason for this).

Also commented that the demo will be released soon, most people are saying sometime next week. Supposed to be a veyr cool demo.

Enjoy.
Necrosis
Bubble Wrap Man
*not Canadian*

Post by Necrosis »

Damnit that's one more game I need to save up for! I hate September to October! :evil:
Drakan

Necv Xouhkot

Post by Drakan »

Mmmmm... looking forward to this! And I'm getting a new rig soon too! Who wants a game!? :D
Willis

Master of the Mask
Lead Programmer

Post by Willis »

Yeah, October is a pretty big month here, with Serious Sam 2, F.E.A.R., and Quake4

I am incredibly disappointed with their decision not to release a DVD edition of Serious Sam 2 in the US, especially without explaining their "VERY good reason" I don't see why publishers are so reluctant to release dvd editions.
Damien_Azreal
Satan's Spawn

Post by Damien_Azreal »

Yeah, October is a pretty big month here, with Serious Sam 2, F.E.A.R., and Quake4
Yeah, I've already got my pre-order of each of those games. :D Can't wait. I'm just glad SS2 comes out a week before FEAR, time to play it befor eI get my hands on FEAR.

I'm a little iffed about the DVD thing, but I'm over it. I don't mind switching out cd's during installation. I only have to do once and then i'm good to go.
I still wonder what their reason is though.
da_weezle
Acolyte

Post by da_weezle »

Willis wrote:Yeah, October is a pretty big month here, with Serious Sam 2, F.E.A.R., and Quake4

I am incredibly disappointed with their decision not to release a DVD edition of Serious Sam 2 in the US, especially without explaining their "VERY good reason" I don't see why publishers are so reluctant to release dvd editions.
Becuz tehy arrr idiutz!
Necrosis
Bubble Wrap Man
*not Canadian*

Post by Necrosis »

Look at September though, there are like 9 games I really want coming out in September... Adding to my previous stack of 3... And then October adds 3 as well. And I was already $100 in debt... :x

Luckily I might be able to convince my parents to buy We Love Katamari for me at the very least...