Shadow Warrior crashes in startup

Anything gaming related that is not red and gooey goes in here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

scirmast
Cultist

Shadow Warrior crashes in startup

Post by scirmast »

Hi all. I am sorry I have been so inactive in the community for the past months/years. I am now in the army now, so I have extremely limited freetime. But we have built a DOS gaming computer for Blood and other old favorites. So I am not dead yet. Pink on the inside, but still kicking.

So, I installed Shadow Warrior to our DOS computer. The game goes into the loading screen and starts loading. When it is supposed to show the 3d Realms logo, the computer crashes. Any ideas to fix this? Is it a memory bug or what? Duke 3D works fine.

We also have serious problems intalling Blood, but that is completely another story and we are not completely out of ideas yet. Right now the SW prob is bigger.

It's good to see the community is still here.

-scirmast
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

Did you try the "-quick" tag to skip past the opening demo things. You could also try pointing it to load directly to a specific map.
scirmast
Cultist

Post by scirmast »

We got it to work. My brother started to test different command line parameters and the game worked fine with the -nocd command. It appears that SW requires an audio CD in the drive in order to work.

Thanks for your help Cruaich! Without your suggestion with the -quick we propably wouldn't come up with this.