Ion Maiden (now Ion Fury)

Anything gaming related that is not red and gooey goes in here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

Tchernobog
Tchernobog's Love Child

Ion Maiden (now Ion Fury)

Post by Tchernobog »

3D Realms' Website wrote:3D Realms (Duke Nukem 3D, ROTT, Prey, Max Payne) is excited to bring back our famous Build engine, which powered Duke Nukem 3D, Blood, Shadow Warrior and other 90's hits. Of old-school throwback games, ION MAIDEN is the real deal, using our original tech from that famous era that launched the FPS genre. Welcome to ION MAIDEN! Shelly “Bombshell” Harrison earned her codename as a bomb disposal expert for the Global Defense Force. When transhumanist cult mastermind Dr. Jadus Heskel unleashes a cybernetic army on Neo DC, Shelly decides it’s time to start chucking bombs rather than defusing them. Her journey will leave trails of blood and gore in huge, multi-path levels filled with those famous colorful keycards and plenty of secrets and Easter Eggs to discover behind every corner.
https://3drealms.com/catalog/ion-maiden_56/

It claims to be Early Access, but it is really just rebadged Shareware. Seems legit. :shooting:
Last edited by Tchernobog on Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dosgamer000
Acolyte

Re: Ion Maiden

Post by dosgamer000 »

I don't really have much to say other than it seems cool. I heard about this game before a couple times in the past but never paid too much attention to it. Kind of strange to see non-fan games being developed using the BUILD engine in the modern day but then again, Duke 3D World Tour was also released.
Tchernobog
Tchernobog's Love Child

Post by Tchernobog »

I have been meaning to get an article out on GamingOnLinux with my thoughts on Ion Maiden but real life has been getting in the way so far.
N0t_mINe
Acolyte

Post by N0t_mINe »

Haven't heard of this one, thanks for the link :D :o :)
VGames
Acolyte

Post by VGames »

Saw the trailer for this and was impressed. They should have done something like this a long time ago.
Tchernobog
Tchernobog's Love Child

Re: Ion Maiden (now Ion Fury)

Post by Tchernobog »

VGames
Acolyte

Post by VGames »

Wish I still had all my old PC game boxes. Blood 2 included. Still haven't played Ion Fury. Probably won't. Was not very impressed with what I saw when it was all said and done.
Tchernobog
Tchernobog's Love Child

Post by Tchernobog »

I am still waiting on having the time to give it a proper playthrough. Just to document all the Blood and Shogo references for the Blood Wiki if nothing else. :evillaugh: