Doom E3 2015 Teaser

Anything gaming related that is not red and gooey goes in here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

VGames
Acolyte

Doom E3 2015 Teaser

Post by VGames »

It's really short but it's awesome.

http://m.ign.com/articles/2015/05/18/do ... ming-at-e3
Gila
Ye Olde Bloodite

Re: Doom E3 2015 Teaser

Post by Gila »

literally 4-5 seconds, it's a teaser of a trailer XD

in a few years they are going to be making teaser of a trailer of a teaser for a trailer

trailer inception
Tchernobog
Tchernobog's Love Child

Post by Tchernobog »

And Bethesda keeps on playing with its raggedy old id Software marionette puppet... :roll:
VGames
Acolyte

Post by VGames »

Are u guys not excited? This is the Doom we've been waiting for. Fast paced, gory, old school gameplay. It's Doom 1 & 2 all over again.
Tchernobog
Tchernobog's Love Child

Post by Tchernobog »

No, I am not exited. The id Software that I loved does not exist anymore.
VGames
Acolyte

Post by VGames »

You're gonna love the game. Everyone will. Just wait.
Tchernobog
Tchernobog's Love Child

Post by Tchernobog »

I am not going to get to play the game. That's the point.
VGames
Acolyte

Post by VGames »

Why not? Is that why you're not excited?
Tchernobog
Tchernobog's Love Child

Post by Tchernobog »

VGames wrote:Why not? Is that why you're not excited?
Well, I am hard nosed about certain things, but it pays dividends. I only purchase games that are DRM free and cross-platform, and thanks to Zenimax this is going to be neither. Before their acquisition id Software was one of the most progressive game developers out there, but as soon as Bethesda purchased them it has all been downhill.

They have slowly but surely come down on all that once made the studio unique. First they stamped out putting out experimental unofficial binaries, which meant that TTimo could no longer offer Linux versions of their games even when he was only making them in his own time. Zenimax eventually extended this level of control so much that it drove John Carmack away, as they would not let him pursue his interest in VR. They would then later file a lawsuit against his new employers stating that they owned the work he did, even though this was clearly garbage.

With Carmack gone it is highly unlikely that we are ever going to see anymore source code releases out of id, which means that yet another tradition is going to bite the dust. In addition to this, their strange refusal to put their games up on GOG.com means that I can not even purchase digital copies of their back-catalogue even for their old classics, games that can be run cross-platform and DRM free through source ports or even on their own. Everything that comes out of id is Steam tied now.

Which is why I described them as a marionette puppet. The brand remains but the soul is dead. What once made id great is long gone.
Tchernobog
Tchernobog's Love Child

Post by Tchernobog »

And if you need yet another example of Zenimax's control freak nature, there is also the fact that they put a restriction on anyone licensing out id Software's technology that they must also publish their games through Zenimax. Although at this point I couldn't care less, because I want Unreal Engine 4 to succeed anyway. I never through I would be in Tim Sweeney's camp, but here we are.
VGames
Acolyte

Post by VGames »

I could care less about any of that stuff. I want good games. That's it. I don't care about the politics of it all. As long as good games roll out that's fine for me. I'm not in the video game business so none of that has anything to do with me. If I want to make games I'll use UE4. No big deal. Things change and so as a gamer so must I. I just want a new Doom that does what it should. And I want more Elder Scrolls and Fallouts. I love Steam. Great deals all the time. And I use Windows because it's the greatest platform for gaming ever.
Tchernobog
Tchernobog's Love Child

Post by Tchernobog »

Well, I am not here to convince you of anything, but I do think I have explained my reasons for having a tepid response to this at best. As for not caring, well, everything is politics. You can try to ignore it, but it will probably bite you in the end.

Plus I really did not mind Doom 3, although I should still probably try your take on it at some point.
VGames
Acolyte

Post by VGames »

U definitely should. If u felt vanilla Doom 3 was too easy you'll really like my mod.
N0t_mINe
Acolyte

Post by N0t_mINe »

VGames wrote:I love Steam. Great deals all the time.
Any chance you could do me a favor? Tell steam I want my Iwads back. I don't care that the HD for my original steam account is trashed, I can enter my account and answer the security question correctly, that should be enough.

Treating everyone like a potential criminal only increases sympathy for criminals.
VGames
Acolyte

Post by VGames »

I've can access steam and download my games from any computer or laptop. I've even replaced HDs in my main PC several times and I can still get to all my games. Iwads included. We're u able to get into your account?

Steam is pretty tough on all of us when it comes to piracy. But we brought that on ourselves as PC users. Too many bad eggs out there. I mean cmon, how many times have u used torrents to get what u want?