Shadow Warrior Reboot

Anything gaming related that is not red and gooey goes in here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

dosgamer000
Acolyte

Re: Shadow Warrior Reboot

Post by dosgamer000 »

Gila wrote:as for blood reboot or blood 3 or whatever, i'd love to see blood with borderlands-style gameplay
(meaning roaming around, exploration, leveling up, talents, weapons, elements, etc)
My main request for the potential Blood 3 is that it doesn't take the standards of modern FPS games that much. I want more than just 2 weapons, no sprint meter, no iron sights unless using a sniper, and fast gameplay. As for RPG elements like leveling up, I don't mind that provided it fits well with SP mode or is only for Bloodbath matches. Above all, I would really like it if it was a direct sequel to Blood 2 and The Nightmare Levels but I'll settle for a reboot/remake of Blood 1.
Tchernobog
Tchernobog's Love Child

Post by Tchernobog »

Just. Get. This. Now.
https://www.humblebundle.com/

:guns:
Tchernobog
Tchernobog's Love Child

Post by Tchernobog »

Okay, I must admit, these are cute:

Image Image Image Image

Kinda makes you want to see a new full 3D game using a Build styled texture set.
Last edited by Tchernobog on Tue May 19, 2015 04:58 am, edited 3 times in total.
Tchernobog
Tchernobog's Love Child

Post by Tchernobog »

This was unexpected. I was willing to believe that bringing Lo Wang back was a good idea but far from sure of it. Two days of carnage later, I’m convinced. The biggest problem with the Shadow Warrior reboot is that it isn’t a Blood reboot because if Caleb ever does return to our screens, he’s probably not going to do it in this much style.
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/09 ... w-warrior/
Tchernobog
Tchernobog's Love Child

Post by Tchernobog »

Since I am talking to myself anyway, I might as well go ahead and post this review by Tom Bramwell, formerly of Planet Blood:
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014- ... ior-review
VGames
Acolyte

Post by VGames »

I'd love to see a full on Build looking game get made. With newer effects like rag doll physics, bullet time, etc. That would be really cool.
N0t_mINe
Acolyte

Post by N0t_mINe »

Just about all the major titles from the 90's have had a remake, re-imaging, reboot, etc. Is there nothing that can be done to rescue this franchise? There must be some way, some unexplored route, something untried to get this title back in the retail limelight.
VGames
Acolyte

Post by VGames »

That's what I'm saying about the new Doom in the other thread. It's gonna further help those idiots that own any rights to Blood to get together and capitalize on this rare occasion to make some serious money. The classics are coming back hard. People want to experience the good old gameplay again or for the first time with the latest tech. The time to push for a new AAA Blood reboot is now. The owners of the Blood rights would be stupid not too.

My dream would be if they combined Blood 1 & 2 and made one big reboot out of them both. A single game that spanned time.
Tchernobog
Tchernobog's Love Child

Post by Tchernobog »

They're turning it into bloody Borderlands!

https://www.gamingonlinux.com/articles/ ... -port.5505
VGames
Acolyte

Post by VGames »

Is this good or bad? Confusion +10
Tchernobog
Tchernobog's Love Child

Post by Tchernobog »

VGames wrote:Is this good or bad? Confusion +10
My thoughts exactly.
Tchernobog
Tchernobog's Love Child

Post by Tchernobog »

Incidentally, why is this funnier than the game itself?
Gila
Ye Olde Bloodite

Post by Gila »

hey, why not. the reboot was a very good game, this one might turn out to be one just as well.
dosgamer000
Acolyte

Post by dosgamer000 »

@Tchernobog: I never played Borderlands (what relatively modern FPS HAVE I played?!) but that trailer doesn't really displease me. There isn't much you can screw up Shadow Warrior with it's lack of depth anyway. Now I know that sounds like an insult but it's not really, it finds value in other things beyond story. There is Lo Wang and the asian/ninja jokes and well that's about it. Of course you cannot forget the katana-play and massive explosions too! Duke is in the same boat but DNF was just massive misinterpretation of what Duke is anyway (way too many corny adult jokes for the sake of jokes, I guess.) This is a good title to experiment with anyway and I can see Lo Wang is starting to age into his original appearance from the first game.

@Gila: I agree, if this was Blood I'd have second opinions but SW kind of needs it's own leg to stand on anyway. Right now the last SW game was better than the last FPS Duke game and much more successful too.
Tchernobog
Tchernobog's Love Child

Post by Tchernobog »

My reaction is more ambivalent than negative or anything at this point dosgamer000, as I also have not actually played Borderlands/Rage/Dead Island whatever you want to compare it to. I am certainly going to be in line to play Shadow Warrior 2 when it comes out.

As to the depth of the various Build engine games, well, I shall have a much more thought out response to this for you guys within the next few days. 8)