F.E.A.R. 3

Anything gaming related that is not red and gooey goes in here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

I Live...AGAIN
Cabal member

Post by I Live...AGAIN »

True, true, no one is blaming Matt here. Out of curiosity Joe, what exactly were you sued for?
I dont want to throw the thread even more off track Tcherno :D

or post too much personal info on the intrawebz :P

I'll send you a PM.
Ransu
Cheetah

Post by Ransu »

Well, back on topic. What do you all expect to happen in F.E.A.R. 3? Do you think we will be returning to play as the point man seeing as how Beckett got raped by Alma and trapped inside something? Post your opinions, please. :)
Slink

Not to be a dick, but...

Post by Slink »

Okay, I just played thru F.E.A.R. (one). Wow, that was nuts. It was a bit un-polished as far silly glitches however stable, but also thorough and fairly impressive, yet disgustingly linear (i.e. player's path sometimes doubles back). How was that for a confusing sentence? ;-P Eh, level path design was creative and not boring, usually.

Was FEAR2 better?
Ransu
Cheetah

Post by Ransu »

Slink wrote:Was FEAR2 better?
Some people think so. It doesn't have as much creepy atmosphere as the first game, but still has some scares and the action is pretty good. The price for the game on Steam was lowered to $20 recently so you should buy it. :)

Anyways, no one has opinions? Come on people. :P
I Live...AGAIN
Cabal member

Post by I Live...AGAIN »

Sadly I found F.E.A.R. to be ok, but it got to be boring after awhile. It seemed to be the same set of offices and hallways over and over and over and over.....zzzzzzzzzzz. I found the plot to be rather silly and Alma to be somewhat of a ripoff of the movie "The Ring".

I did like the ending though, not something I have seen any other game try (at least up to that point).

I never played F.E.A.R. 2 because every screenshot I saw online looked exactly like the same office/warehouse setting as the first game.

F.E.A.R. 3? DO NOT WANT......

IMO, FEAR3 is just Developers being lazy. Cant anyone come up with an original idea for a game anymore?

So to sum it up (at least for me)

FEAR I was mildly interested in.
FEAR2 I had literally no interest in.
FEAR3 I would have even less than no interest in.
Ransu
Cheetah

Post by Ransu »

Actually, F.E.A.R. 2 only starts out in a Armacham building then you go out onto the streets of the destroyed city to fight enemies. You do end up in a school later on, but it isn't for long. The game is quite fun especially when using a mech armor in the streets. Fire away with dual miniguns and launch missiles. :guns:
Slink

Not to be a dick, but...

Post by Slink »

I've played the F.E.A.R. 2 demo earlier on, and it was a'ight. The gameplay seemed a lot smoother than in the first one. Eh, I'll get it if it goes on sale.

It would be sweet if Lith had a gig on steam. (sorry, I know some of you abhor steam vigilantly, but it would be great publicity, and Blood would pose a profit interest). sorry, O-T again
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

death to Steam! Why Lucas, WHY!!!?
And back on topic...
RedFanatic
A More Tidy Caleb

Post by RedFanatic »

I'm still playing FEAR (i'm a very slow gamer) and although it is shockingly poor with regard to level variance i think the atmosphere and cinematics are done very well.

Monolith seem to be really good at making Game-Films, it always feels to me when playing their games that they have picked one fun theme from a movie (matrix style bullet time effects for fear) and just made a whole game around it. It's the same with Nolf all you get is one really long classic 60's-70's spy spoof from start to finish.

the down side is that if your looking for more than what they are offering or to be surprised then your going to be disappointed because there's really nothing more to the games than that one cool idea done a hundred times,
but quite frankly if i'm in the mood for the particular focus of that game no one dose it better than Monolith.

So as long as thats still the way they do things with FEAR2 then I reckon it'll certainly be worth a play, but if it is still the case with a third then it just seems pointless to me, so far i'm happier when they stick to sequels only....not trilogies.....Having said that.......why not for instance...oh i don't know MAKE BLOOD3 if they simply HAVE to make a trilogy.

Also i think i ought to also add DEATH to Steam, it sucks and is destroying games.
Ransu
Cheetah

Post by Ransu »

:shock:

Ransu
Cheetah

Post by Ransu »

The game's been officially announced now with a game trailer, details on co-op mode, and more! :D

Game trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6v8o0NE2XCw

Other details on the game: http://fidgit.com/archives/2010/04/fear_3.php

John Carpenter and Steve Niles will be doing the story. Based on what's in the game trailer, I think the long haired guy is possibly the point man from the first game because of Paxton Fettel saying "Brother is killing again".
Ransu
Cheetah

Re: F.E.A.R. 3

Post by Ransu »

Well, I pre-ordered this game a little while back and I'm going to be picking it up later today. By the way, Monolith did help out in the development of the game so Day 1 Studios didn't do all the work themselves. Just read their message here: http://www.day1studios.com/blog/?p=3 :)
I Live...AGAIN
Cabal member

Post by I Live...AGAIN »

Ransu,

How is FEAR 3? I am curious to know as I am itching to play a shooter right now :D

Are you stuck in the same endless office building?
Warehouse?
Tchernobog
Tchernobog's Love Child

Post by Tchernobog »

F.E.A.R 3 had very little interest for me from the start. Then it was revealed that Monolith was not even the primary studio developing the game, and I lost further interest. Then I found out that it was not even on LithTech, and have basically lost total interest. I can understand that Jupiter EX is old and needed an update, but based on the television advertisement I saw for the game, the engine the are using is not much better. The graphics they put on it were stylistic garbage at least. So why break series tradition for this? :banghead:

Still, I do hope you do get your moneys worth on your pre-order in the end Ransu. :wink:
Ransu
Cheetah

Post by Ransu »

Sorry I haven't replied. The game is short, but you go through a variety of different areas. You start in a prison then you go outside to find out that you're in South America. You take a chopper back to some city in USA and you crash into a grocery store. There's other areas like a neighborhood full of houses, fighting through the streets in a mech, and an airport. I don't want to spoil too much. It's a great game and the multiplayer modes are a lot of fun as well.