Anyone with a PS3?

Anything gaming related that is not red and gooey goes in here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

mouth
Acolyte

Post by mouth »

Drakan wrote:Don't get me wrong, I don't dislike the thing at all. I just remember mouth always said he preffered PC gaming only. But hey, people's tastes change over the years.
Heheh, yeah I do prefer PC gaming, no doubt there at all. But I've turned into the most casual gamer imaginable, I probably play games no more than 10 hours total a month. I think that's stretching it this month though, I think I might have spent like 2 hours total (if not less) :D
So anyways, yeah, sometimes I pop in a game in PS3 and play for like 20 minutes. :)
God damn, I don't even classify as a gamer any more..

edit: wait, I played Blood with Dusty this month! Oh yeah, that was the epitome of this month's gaming :D
Necrosis
Bubble Wrap Man
*not Canadian*

Post by Necrosis »

I was talking to people about installing linux on PS3, and how it would probably be the best. A joke came up in the conversation, and I'm actually wondering now if it's possible to install Windows 3.1 on the PS3 or even anything remotely similar. :V
Ryu91
Axe Zombie

Post by Ryu91 »

I have a PS3 and imo it is definately worth the $500 you pay for the 80 GB since it has backwards compatability, memory card slots like SD, MS PRO, and Compact Flash Cards.

I had Linux but I installed a Live CD version which kinda screwed up on me but I hear the no-live CD works best so give that a try. (I know I will, even after my friends said it screws up your PS3 which I highly doubt)
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

Will it detect a USB flash drive as memory along side the other memory cards, I'm assuming it would, but then I remembered that my PS2 slim does not.
Necrosis
Bubble Wrap Man
*not Canadian*

Post by Necrosis »

It does. I have a 40gb and yes I miss some of the features of the earlier models, but yeah it's workable. I don't really care for backwards compatibility since I need to keep my PS2 around anyway to play imports.
Symbolic-
Axe Zombie

Post by Symbolic- »

Drakan wrote:If I'm right, an NTSC PS3 can play PAL PS3 games too, correct?
That is correct. But NTCS movies won't work on PAL and vice versa.

I wonder if my imported Resident Evil 2(US) would work on a backwards compatible machine. Since my chipped PSX is torn like Jenna Jamesons crotch :/