Lag In DOOM 3....

Anything gaming related that is not red and gooey goes in here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

Ransu
Cheetah

Lag In DOOM 3....

Post by Ransu »

Ok now this is just the weirdest thing ever. My graphics card is Nvidia GeForce 8600 GT and I get a frame rate of 20 and under in DOOM 3 even on low quality. :( You can even see my specs here: www.xfire.com/profile/doomlancelot bottom of the page. Does anyone know what's causing it and if there's a solution for it?
Necrosis
Bubble Wrap Man
*not Canadian*

Post by Necrosis »

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess XFire is causing it. A while back, when I had XFire, it would lag all of my games down to 20 fps or so, then turning it off brought them up to 60...
Ransu
Cheetah

Post by Ransu »

I turned off every program I had running. It was still lagging....

Anything else?
Ransu
Cheetah

Post by Ransu »

Come on, I really wanna play this game as I am a big fan of the DOOM series as you all know!
Necrosis
Bubble Wrap Man
*not Canadian*

Post by Necrosis »

I honestly don't know. I should reinstall Doom 3 to see how it runs on here, since last time I played it was on a Radeon 9600XT... I'll get back to you on that one.
Goldrick
Axe Zombie

Post by Goldrick »

Have you updated Doom 3 to the latest version? My copy was a bit tempermental until I got the patch. Failing that it might be a hardware conflict, if your graphics card has a fan make sure it's still working. My brother had a similar lag on games for a while and that was the problem also it fried the motherboard's north bridge (whatever that is?)
Ransu
Cheetah

Post by Ransu »

Yes DOOM 3 is updated and the fan is working. How else could I play F.E.A.R. and other games? The lag is still the same in DOOM 3....
Goldrick
Axe Zombie

Post by Goldrick »

Well I'd suggest wiping every trace of the program and do a nice clean install, unless you've tried it already. The only other thing I can think of that could be wrong is that the game might not like your soundcard, try running Doom with the sound off (or with the card disabled in device manager) and see if thats the cause. If it isn't either of these things i'm stumped!
Ransu
Cheetah

Post by Ransu »

Problem solved. I was using 2 monitors and disabling the 2nd one fixed it. "Yippee!" :twisted:
Slink

Not to be a dick, but...

Post by Slink »

Heh, what vid card? You have the GF8600gt, right? Hmm... seems silly that the card can't handle the multiple monitors. Maybe the engine was poorly coded in that respect?