Blood II Issues.

Anything gaming related that is not red and gooey goes in here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

Lioyd_Irving
Axe Zombie

Blood II Issues.

Post by Lioyd_Irving »

Does anyone has got Blood 2 ? Because I don't know why but the voices, cutscenes sounds, and ambient sounds weren't installed on my computer. Can someone please give me his version of the SOUND folder ?
Vuzeth
Deceptossum

Re: Blood II Issues.

Post by Vuzeth »

Lioyd_Irving wrote:Does anyone has got Blood 2 ? Because I don't know why but the voices, cutscenes sounds, and ambient sounds weren't installed on my computer. Can someone please give me his version of the SOUND folder ?
Why that happens? :? Try reinstalling the game from original CD if you have one. Or.. maybe your CD-rip was stripped of them. If you need voices buy legal version.
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

You could also try and install the Blood2 demo, see if that works.
Lioyd_Irving
Axe Zombie

Post by Lioyd_Irving »

I got Blood2 in Abandonware. Can someone give me a copy of his folder, please ? I cannot enjoy Blood entirely without Caleb's devilish laugh...
Vuzeth
Deceptossum

Post by Vuzeth »

Abandonware and its distribution are not welcomed in these forums. You must buy legal version, its always (or almost always) available on eBay and Amazon. :(
Dimebog
The Enlightened Florist

Post by Dimebog »

Ghoste wrote:Abandonware and its distribution are not welcomed in these forums. You must buy legal version, its always (or almost always) available on eBay and Amazon. :(
What if you can't buy them from eBay or Amazon? As far as I know those are not their retailers. Monolith is not getting any money from that. You're actually giving money to some guy who decided that the game sucks and wants to get rid of it.
Vuzeth
Deceptossum

Post by Vuzeth »

Come to think of it. Those guys ALREADY paid retailer which paid Monolith, it means Monolith got their money.
Simply it won't be fair if they got 2x(ratio may differ) from a single copy.

It is possible to buy from eBay and anywhere in the world even from Russia. :)
Dimebog
The Enlightened Florist

Post by Dimebog »

Ghoste wrote:Come to think of it. Those guys ALREADY paid retailer which paid Monolith, it means Monolith got their money.
Simply it won't be fair if they got 2x(ratio may differ) from a single copy.
Well, now they're not getting money either way. So you can either not play it at all or play a pirated copy. Or count on the possibility that there might be someone who is selling or giving away his own copy.
Vuzeth
Deceptossum

Post by Vuzeth »

Formally by owning a legal version you have the right to play, otherwise it's law violation (maybe not direct). Actually it doesn't count as it's very hard to put trace on, but as a true fan I've collected just about any official edition of the game. I love those BIGBOXES.
Dimebog
The Enlightened Florist

Post by Dimebog »

Ghoste wrote:Formally by owning a legal version you have the right to play, otherwise it's law violation (maybe not direct). Actually it doesn't count as it's very hard to put trace on, but as a true fan I've collected just about any official edition of the game. I love those BIGBOXES.
Well, i know it's illegal, but I wonder what consequences would you suffer from actually playing it without owning it (since again, it's not provided for you):

a) You would go to jail
b) You would go to Hell
c) You would suffer from an immense feeling of guilt
d) You would get a spanking from TF forum authorities

Again, buying this game on eBay is NOT supporting the game and the company that made it.
Vuzeth
Deceptossum

Post by Vuzeth »

Hmm.. I pick c) and d) as everyone goes to hell regardless the origin of their game, and going to jail is too much. And yes feeling guilty is a rare event in the real world.
Dimebog wrote:Again, buying this game on eBay is NOT supporting the game and the company that made it.
Why the hell do you need to support the company? Most members responsible for making Blood left it long ago. But if you really need to support them you can always make a donation personally. I repeat they've had the reward for all the hard work they put in. I've gathered a collection not to support company, but to see original art in out-of-monitor world and to feel sturdy paper box with the very essence of the game passing through it.