A problem with Call of Cthulhu

Anything gaming related that is not red and gooey goes in here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

Vuzeth
Deceptossum

A problem with Call of Cthulhu

Post by Vuzeth »

Call Of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth is nice horror-based game. I think some of you should definitely play it. :wink:
In Dangerous Voyage (75%) after defeating Deep Ones in their 1st attack, I need to shoot enemy sorcerers on the shore with a deck-stationed cannon, there must be 3 blue lights for aim (from walkthrough) don't see any lights tried adjusting brightness, no effect. Shoot randomly is no good because of vast landscape, hard aiming and what I've got to grab the rail every 15 seconds or so lest I get killed by the storm. Have anyone experienced that problem? Is there a fix? my CoC is illegal pc version.
Damien_Azreal
Satan's Spawn

Post by Damien_Azreal »

Why would you openly admit to having an "illegal" version of a PC game? That is not allowed here in any way.

Buy a legal, retail version and then post said question.
boss429
Cabal member

Post by boss429 »

I've heard somebody else mention that happening on their computer too. I think CoC is using a effect that your graphics card doesn't support. Are you using a laptop or an on-board gfx card?

There is probably no fix for it.
Morry
Axe Zombie

Post by Morry »

It's a good game. Buying it will make Bethesda think that it actually was a good game. This will make them create more good games.

From what I remember, the blue lights might flicker on and off, or I could be thinking of something else. I didn't have the problem you are describing.
mouth
Acolyte

Post by mouth »

Dude, that post would have been more efficient on the CoC:DCotE forum. And yeah, it's one of the gfx glitches, try new drivers.
Vuzeth
Deceptossum

Post by Vuzeth »

Damien_Azreal wrote:Why would you openly admit to having an "illegal" version of a PC game? That is not allowed here in any way.

Buy a legal, retail version and then post said question.
Even if my country is covered by their licences there's no real penalties for owning illegal software here.
More that 90% software is illegal 8) I've heard in U.S. it is about 50%.
Anyway I prefer legal software I'd buy a retail if I had a chance. (actually it's >100$ for game&postage&international shipping&other charges so its too expensive for me) :banghead:
boss429 wrote: I've heard somebody else mention that happening on their computer too. I think CoC is using a effect that your graphics card doesn't support. Are you using a laptop or an on-board gfx card?
Yeah, that's right. I have ultra-budget Dell 1300. Graphics are GMA 900/915. The game runs badly on maxed resolution, cound not complete Marsh Refinery's shoggoth run, it always got me until I switched to 800x600. Too bad can't complete the game. :(
boss429
Cabal member

Post by boss429 »

:shock: what country do you live in?
Vuzeth
Deceptossum

Post by Vuzeth »

Russia, I think it's affected by their copyrights.
But pirated software is openly sold in stores through there're few anti-piracy campaigns, they smashed tons of pirated disks with heavy machinery and replaced them with legal ones. :evillaugh:
Gila
Ye Olde Bloodite

Post by Gila »

i played pirated version too and it was a-ok. i mean i saw those three lights. but damn, that game was a s*** of f***!!! wait, there were some good points... then again it was so BAD... well, very unordinary... but i'm not going to replay it. way too f***' tedious.
Jethro
Fanatic

Post by Jethro »

First of all, I hope you're aware of fact that this cannon got sniper scope, are you? You activate it by pressing the aim button. Those mages are only visible with the scope activated.
Second thing: even if you don't see the blue lights (they look like rotating blue stars) you still should be able to see the mages themselves, they're black robbed figures placed on grey shore.
I can say that there usually two of them on the lower left side of the reef and one on the right upper side, but I think that they're placed randomly so I can't say if they'll be there where I told.

Good luck killing them!

And yes, Cruaich once said he was unable to see some gfx effects on his Intel video card, so that must be the issue he was describing.
Vuzeth
Deceptossum

Post by Vuzeth »

Of course I zoomed the cannon but couldn't see neither the mages, nor lights even on max resolution available,
I thinks because mages and lights are implemented as the same objects. Thanks for your help through.
mouth
Acolyte

Post by mouth »

I'll say it again. Did you check the official forums? The answer is there... I'm positive I've seen it.
Vuzeth
Deceptossum

Post by Vuzeth »

Visited official forums. The problem is stated there in severel 1-post topics but left unsolved they only ask for savegames. :(