Zelda Total Conversion For DOOM 2

Anything gaming related that is not red and gooey goes in here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

Ransu
Cheetah

Zelda Total Conversion For DOOM 2

Post by Ransu »

Need people for Zelda Total Conversion! This is NOT ZelDOOM! Forums main page: http://z10.invisionfree.com/Clan_TLoZ/
Join the forums here: http://z10.invisionfree.com/Clan_TLoZ/i ... eg&CODE=00

The topic about the project is here: http://z10.invisionfree.com/Clan_TLoZ/i ... owtopic=37

Please join! :)
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

Why not work with ZelDoom rather then reinvent the wheel each time? A stronger more participant rich community would go far.
Ransu
Cheetah

Post by Ransu »

Because, they've just about given up on ZelDOOM and I haven't heard anything about it lately. I know that you guys have experience from working with Blood and ZDoom is an advanced DOOM port that can do some things that Blood can do. I need people who know how to map and script mostly because I have one guy who is doing the sprites, skin, and textures.
Kazashi
Shadow Warrior

Post by Kazashi »

I would suggest actively contacting this ZelDoom project and asking if you can help out. As Cruaich said, you don't need to reinvent the wheel and split resources by starting off on your own project that will most likely die in a few days or weeks; there's already a base there, help THAT out.

Then, if they don't want your help, or you find that their direction is not the same as what you have in mind, do your own project. Right now, you're basically asking for everything to be done except music, but I won't get into that discussion here and now.
Ransu
Cheetah

Post by Ransu »

Their direction is not the same as what I have in mind. They're making it more like Link To the Past more than anything else. I'm trying to make it a mix of things from all Zelda games.
leileilol

o^_^o

Post by leileilol »

why not play zelda
Ransu
Cheetah

Post by Ransu »

CheapAlert wrote:why not play zelda
Because, I've already played all of them except for Twilight Princess and I don't want the Gamecube version because I heard it sucks so I want the Wii version but I don't have a Wii yet.
Last edited by Ransu on Tue Apr 17, 2007 06:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
leileilol

o^_^o

Post by leileilol »

so you'd rather commit obvious copyright infringement instead by just copy-and-pasting assets from the original games and begging for a 'team' to do it for you or a bunch of 'supporters' for your project? A big waste of time and talent, IMO.

It'll be bad. Like Super Mario Doom. Like Simpsons Doom. Like Looney Tunes Doom.
Ransu
Cheetah

Post by Ransu »

CheapAlert wrote:so you'd rather commit obvious copyright infringement instead by just copy-and-pasting assets from the original games and begging for a 'team' to do it for you or a bunch of 'supporters' for your project? A big waste of time and talent, IMO.

It'll be bad. Like Super Mario Doom. Like Simpsons Doom. Like Looney Tunes Doom.
No use of infringement on this. We're making most things from scratch. And saying "it'll be bad" is just an opinion that I don't have to listen to. We'll see how good or bad it will be. It may take a long time for this to be done but I'm staying with it for as long as I can.
Slink

Not to be a dick, but...

Post by Slink »

What the hell is all this talk of Zelda on the Doom engine? With all due respect: I loved Zelda too, but that just sounds [like a bad idea]. Wouldn't it be better placed in a Quake-based engine (DP, HL, HL2) and in 3rd person?

-Slink
Ransu
Cheetah

Post by Ransu »

ZDoom has a chase cam so you can change between first and third-person view.
Slink

Not to be a dick, but...

Post by Slink »

DOOMLancelot wrote:ZDoom has a chase cam so you can change between first and third-person view.
Well, that is one advantage. I guess ZDoom IS a different engine after all. Your avatar is gigantic, btw.
scar3crow
kvlt-anaatmanah

Post by scar3crow »

Chasecams are a trivial addition, if that degree of coding is daunting you to the point of switching from one engine to another, then I dont think such a project is within your scope. Besides, there are tutorials for chasecams for basically every 3d engine out there, especially Quake. ZDoom is a wonderfully potent engine, but for certain projects it isnt ideal.

You want Zelda in a game? Daemon got bored once and did a map...

Ransu
Cheetah

Post by Ransu »

Hey where can I get that? :)
scar3crow
kvlt-anaatmanah

Post by scar3crow »

He never actually released it, just put those pics up in the Daemonforge QExpo booth under the Feral Flesh stuff. I think he was considering making it a full thing, but is focusing on Feral Flesh.