Duke Nukem Forever.... LIVES! First screenshot in six years.

Anything gaming related that is not red and gooey goes in here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

Damien_Azreal
Satan's Spawn

Duke Nukem Forever.... LIVES! First screenshot in six years.

Post by Damien_Azreal »

George and 3DRealms posted this tiny pic on gamasutra in the job listing area.
Then confirmed that it was taken in game.

http://forums.3drealms.com/vb/showthread.php?t=24963

That's the actual discussion thread about it at the 3DRealms forums.
mouth
Acolyte

Post by mouth »

interesting news, thanks for posting this. :)
Drakan

Necv Xouhkot

Post by Drakan »

Is it just me or did he get a haircut?
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

hehehe, they need to tone down the detail on the normal mapping. He looks 50 years old.
Ra_Ra_Gazaa
Resident Phantasm

Post by Ra_Ra_Gazaa »

Cruaich wrote:hehehe, they need to tone down the detail on the normal mapping. He looks 50 years old.
Well, DNF has supposedly been in development for quite a long time now...

Anyway, as much as I love all things Duke Nukem related, I'm afriad I'm still holding onto that giant sized bucket of cynicism which I keep for topics like this... for emergency use only, of course.

:phantasm:
Damien_Azreal
Satan's Spawn

Post by Damien_Azreal »

Another screen has been released, in the same way. A rather small, thumbnail, pic. It's an ad for an opening as a programmer.

George made a statement in the first post, it is real time, in game render of the new PIG COP in a very dark room.

http://forums.3drealms.com/vb/showthread.php?t=26857

I think between this and the shot of Duke... the game looks amazing already. And we've only seen two tiny little screens. Can not wait until they issue more media.
Lizzy
Is she coming or going?

Post by Lizzy »

It's also believed that the first lil screenshot shown to the public is by actual fact a Duke Nukem action figure with fancy lighting, people say anyway, it’s been debated on certain forums and blogs, people have even been comparing certain action figures to match the one in the screenshot. I'm mostly going to wait for a selection of 'large' images, i'm not doubting the newly screenshot though, it looks pretty cool.

EDIT: Me being a bit of a fruit cake i didn't notice the link on the first post from not reading it, so i repeated what people here probably already know :oops:, but yeah.... more screenies 3D Realms!
Damien_Azreal
Satan's Spawn

Post by Damien_Azreal »

Anyone who owns one of the Duke Nukem action figures knows that the first screen was not an action figure.

And given that DNF will take place entirely in first person (ala Half-Life/PREY) you'll never see Duke in game. Everything will take place through his eyes... them the Duke model probably isn't as detailed as the enemy models.
Lizzy
Is she coming or going?

Post by Lizzy »

You're probably right, but then saying that, if the game has online game play such as deathmatch etc, you'd think they would put just as much detail on the duke model just like any other model they've done, though granted i'm (or anyone for that matter) not sure if there will in fact be an online feature.

I’m mostly waiting for new screens myself, or even perhaps a video (which would be a shock and a half).
scar3crow
kvlt-anaatmanah

Post by scar3crow »

Duke would be detailed to the same standard as any other character model in the game to maintain visual consistency in multiplayer, as well as for mirrors and such. As a first person single player game however, it is irrelevant.
mouth
Acolyte

Post by mouth »

Hell, it's about time!

:evillaugh: :evillaugh: :evillaugh: :evillaugh:
Damien_Azreal
Satan's Spawn

Post by Damien_Azreal »

Lizzy wrote:You're probably right, but then saying that, if the game has online game play such as deathmatch etc, you'd think they would put just as much detail on the duke model just like any other model they've done, though granted i'm (or anyone for that matter) not sure if there will in fact be an online feature.

I’m mostly waiting for new screens myself, or even perhaps a video (which would be a shock and a half).
Well, George did say that 3DRealms would stir and start knocking the dust off and gear up for a media release sometime soon.

So your wish may not be that far off.