Hexen 2: Portal... where can I get a copy?

Anything gaming related that is not red and gooey goes in here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

Damien_Azreal
Satan's Spawn

Hexen 2: Portal... where can I get a copy?

Post by Damien_Azreal »

Okay, I recently got back inot Heretic and Hexen. So today I ordered a copy of Deathkings of the Dark Citadel (Hexen's expansion) and went looking for a copy of Hexen 2's expnasion.

I found very few copies (three on amazon.com) and two of the three were 80 bucks. The other was just the cd, no box or manual, and they wanted 50 bucks.

Does anyone have any idea where I can find a copy of Hexen 2's expansion? Hell... I'm almost to the point I'd buy a copy off of somebody. :p
Willis

Master of the Mask
Lead Programmer

Post by Willis »

every once in a blue moon you can get a decent deal on it on eBay, but just about everybody selling it seems to know it is quite rare.

Took me a while to snag a boxed version off there, right now there is 1 copy for sale that I see, jewel case only.
Damien_Azreal
Satan's Spawn

Post by Damien_Azreal »

Okay, new question. No need to start a new thread for this... reinstalled Hexen 2.

It's been a long ass time since I've played it (or any Quake engien based game) but I started a new game in GLHexen 2.

When the levels load up it has black bars at the top and bottom of the screen, almost like in widescreen. And the game looks grainy.
Plus I'm having a hard ass time getting the resolution to change.

Any suggestions would be welcome.
predator
Lead Mapper

Post by predator »

Resolution should be changed via command line, with -width and -height options.
Willis

Master of the Mask
Lead Programmer

Post by Willis »

yep, you want glh2.exe -width #### -height #### -bpp 16
Note that H2 had pre-defined video modes, and you can only choose from them, see options->video options for a list.
Kashi

Post by Kashi »

Here's something which should make you a smile :) a source port for Hexen II featuring: Fixs to the game, New options, New effects etc.

UQE Engine: http://www.quake-engine.com/

The successor to Newhexen! (For those who usted to play Newhexen, but now it's abandoned and this is the continuation)

Highly recommended makes Hexen II much more compatible with XP and is a nicer engine 8)
Damien_Azreal
Satan's Spawn

Post by Damien_Azreal »

Okay, a favor if you please. :)

For some odd reason within the past few months I've lost my Hexen 2 CD (not odd at all, planning a wedding the whole apartment is in a state of disorder).
But to my joy when I heard STEAM had gained all id Software titles, so I snatched up Hexen 2 for five bucks. :D

But to my shock and horror.... no music. Since the music for H2 was stored on the disc the STEAM version does not have any. Makes the game at times feel very empty and dull.

And to my requested favor, could somebody who has the game simply copy the music files and e-mail them to me? I could them burn them to a disc and use that when I play H2.
leileilol

o^_^o

Post by leileilol »

Just use the MIDI music option. Yes, it exists. No, we're not committing any illegal activities here by sending you copyrighted CD images. If you have a problem with it, you should complain to Steam.
predator
Lead Mapper

Post by predator »

Actually I will send you the music from Hexen 2. You should have it if you bought the game legally.
Just give me some time to find my Hexen 2 disc.
Drakan

Necv Xouhkot

Post by Drakan »

leileilol wrote:Just use the MIDI music option. Yes, it exists. No, we're not committing any illegal activities here by sending you copyrighted CD images. If you have a problem with it, you should complain to Steam.
That's the longest sentence I've ever seen from you... :shock:
Damien_Azreal
Satan's Spawn

Post by Damien_Azreal »

leileilol wrote:Just use the MIDI music option. Yes, it exists. No, we're not committing any illegal activities here by sending you copyrighted CD images. If you have a problem with it, you should complain to Steam.
Man, why such attitude? Did you ever think of asking politely if I and tried midi?

And yes, I did. Only when I tried it still no music and it crashed the game.

So hence I came here and posted that favor.

I have sense returned to the game and through the properties option verified the integrity of the games cache. Upon doing that, a game file was fixed and I'm now able to enjoy the musical splendor of Hexen 2.
I simply forgot about posting my findings here.

Next time, ask a few more questions before accusing someone of something.
Damien_Azreal
Satan's Spawn

Post by Damien_Azreal »

Well, after a few years of hunting... I finally snagged a copy. :)

Full retail boxed copy of Portal of Praevus for thirty bucks. I'm so damned happy. :)

I also recently bought retail boxed copies of SiN and Wages of SiN. Also looking at a copy of Quake 2: Quad Damage in a full retail box.
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

Hey congrats! Glad to hear patients is paying off.
Caleb --2nd
Zealot

Post by Caleb --2nd »

plz i need help
i have quake GL
i don't know how to change the resolution or the framerate
some one can tell me?
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

Not sure you can do anything about the frame rates directly. To change the resolution you need to add in the command variables to the glquake.exe ie. glquake.exe -hight 600 -width 800 (or something like that). Google took me here.

You can either make a bat file or edit the target properties of your shortcut icon... or just type it in at command line.

good luck