Circus Maximus

Problems logging in? Links not working? Graphics missing? 4xx errors? Post any forum problems here.

Moderator: Webmasters

RedFanatic
A More Tidy Caleb

Circus Maximus

Post by RedFanatic »

i was thinking rather than locking every topic that people with a lack
of manners manage to cause an argument in why not make a new forum section called the colleseum where everyone can rip the s*** out of each other :shooting: and perhaps get it out of there systems?
leileilol

o^_^o

Post by leileilol »

no that'd be dumb

p.s. you're mom
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

CheapAlert: Dude, take a pill. Recently, it seems every last post out of you has been condisending on some level. It might be your trying to be sarcastic but if you haven't noticed by now, sarcasm is the suck when delivered via plain text.
leileilol

o^_^o

Post by leileilol »

*Cru`edit
: What did I just say? Please try again. Have a nice day.
Willis

Master of the Mask
Lead Programmer

Re: Circus Maximus

Post by Willis »

RedFanatic wrote:i was thinking rather than locking every topic that people with a lack
of manners manage to cause an argument in why not make a new forum section called the colleseum where everyone can rip the s*** out of each other :shooting: and perhaps get it out of there systems?
In a word: No.

This simply isn't the place for it. If people can't constrain themselves, their posts will simply be locked/removed.
leileilol

o^_^o

Post by leileilol »

CheapAlert wrote:*

*Cru`edit
: What did I just say? Please try again. Have a nice day.
Apparently you take me too seriously (it wasn't even offending sarcasm). Reasons like that is why we shouldn't have a circus maximus
scar3crow
kvlt-anaatmanah

Post by scar3crow »

I saw this thread earlier, I dont recall what Cheapy said in his second comment but I dont recall it being even minorly offensive.

But I do oppose a Circus Maximus, which Cheapy has illustrated wouldnt work. If people have bickering, they can IM each other, or just keep quiet about it.
leileilol

o^_^o

Post by leileilol »

Actually one of the possible issues of the drama can be even caused by the color scheme of the site (white on black). Inverting would obviously not make it feel very bloody however, but it does increase psychological tolerance, especially in younger people who often engage in personal offtopic flamewars.

I know this from experience from my various forum travels and changes. modDB v2 was calmer than v1 due to the color changes :P
Willis

Master of the Mask
Lead Programmer

Post by Willis »

Color doesn't cause stupidity.
Stupidity stimulates further stupidity.

This of course is not directed at anybody, just a generalization.

There will never be a Circus Maximus forum. Period. This isn't a place for drama, its a place for Bloody gaming.
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

Okay here’s the thing. You all know my moderation style.
  • 1. No warez links. You can find that elsewhere.
    2. No pr0n. We can be adults, but I read this sh!t at work so keep it clean and above the belt… mostly. Gore is fine for the most part, images involving exposed reproductive / lactating organs aren’t.
    3. No blood.lith like user bashing, especially targeting new users. I’m not going to tolerate when some one has nothing but sour grapes to share.
In my opinion, CheapAlert was beginning to cross line 3 so I called him on it. His reply was flippant so I edited it to press the point. In short, if you don’t have to be an asshole, don’t be. If you do have to be an asshole, stuff it. I’m not out to be a forum Nazi, I like the Bloodite community, but I also don’t want the community to go down in a massive flame war; or for it to become an exclusive "ancient ones" club by badgering new arivals.