Can't log in, HELP

Problems logging in? Links not working? Graphics missing? 4xx errors? Post any forum problems here.

Moderator: Webmasters

Lizzy......

Can't log in, HELP

Post by Lizzy...... »

It's me lizzy, for some reason i can't login, when i go to login with my user name and password nothing happens, i tired clicking on ''i forgot my password'' and got another password but it still will not log me in, someone ''HELP ME'' :cry:
boss429
Cabal member

Re: Can't log in, HELP

Post by boss429 »

Lizzy...... wrote:It's me lizzy, for some reason i can't login, when i go to login with my user name and password nothing happens, i tired clicking on ''i forgot my password'' and got another password but it still will not log me in, someone ''HELP ME'' :cry:
The same exact thing happened to me. I had to clear my cookies and my saved passwords and then it worked. (I am using Mozilla FireFox)
Lizzy......

Post by Lizzy...... »

I'm using ''AOL'', doesn't clearing your cookies mean you have to register again :? . If its ok could you or any one else please give me a guide (step by step) on how to log in again.
predator
Lead Mapper

Post by predator »

Clearing your cookies, or just one cookie, doesn't mean you have to register again.

As for step by step instructions - first tell us what browser you use.
There will be some small differences depending on browser type.

Of course you can always do it "the hard way" - just go to Documents and Settings folder, enter your folder and then Cookies folder. Try to locate the cookie there. The file name will probably contain "transfusion-game".
boss429
Cabal member

Post by boss429 »

recently I've told TF to log me in automatically but every time I have to log in manually anyway.
Lizzy
Is she coming or going?

Post by Lizzy »

OK, its ok. I did it the hard way, thank you predator for specifying the cookie, that helped me a lot, everything is fine now :D .
Drakan

Necv Xouhkot

Post by Drakan »

An odd happening has been happening this side if the earth here too. Everytime I come here, I have to log in manually. Funny thing is, if I do it through the log in option, I'm still logged out - even though it says I'm one of the registered browsing! The only way to make it log in properly is to "log in to check my messages". Funny... I've had no problems like this at the Postmortem too.
Willis

Master of the Mask
Lead Programmer

Post by Willis »

The problem was this weekend I updated the forum to the latest version of phpbb, and in that update there were changes to the auto login protocol, and I had to change the cookie, otherwise there were even more serious problems with the old cookies (you'd get a white screen and debugging error until you cleared your cookies). This way you could at least still view the problem, and now, I think everything is working properly if you do clear your cookies for anything transfusion-game.com and forums.transfusion-game.com

Sorry for the inconvenience, but it was pretty much unavoidable.
predator
Lead Mapper

Post by predator »

Lizzy wrote:OK, its ok. I did it the hard way, thank you predator for specifying the cookie, that helped me a lot, everything is fine now :D .
Cool, you're welcome. Good to know it works for you now. :D

Willis: That's perfectly understandable. It's good you updated phpBB.
I could also mention that I had no problems at all. Maybe my firefox is smart enough to handle such things automatically. :lol:
Willis

Master of the Mask
Lead Programmer

Post by Willis »

Well, I just completely renamed the cookie name, so hopefully it can no longer confuse any old values.
da_weezle
Acolyte

Post by da_weezle »

I had the same problem as Drakan, using Opera 8.5. I solved it by deleting both cookies for Transfusion-game.com:
www.transfusion-game.com
forums.transfusion-game.com
Make sure you check "Wand logins", so you get to see all cookies.

Cheers!
da_weezle
Acolyte

Post by da_weezle »

Actually, it doesn't remember the account, but you can log in via "Log in".