Forum-Bots

Problems logging in? Links not working? Graphics missing? 4xx errors? Post any forum problems here.

Moderator: Webmasters

da_weezle
Acolyte

Post by da_weezle »

Can't someone write a bot-killer?
These things are getting to me. :evil:

[edit]
Maybe disable the Guest-account for posting?
[/edit]

[edit2]
I mean a bot-killer for these forum bots by the way, not the bots in TF.
[/edit2]
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

da_weezle wrote:Can't someone write a bot-killer?
These things are getting to me. :evil:
The forum bots arn't to bad... yet. I've been giving them the ol' axe when I see them. I still like the guest option for the forum. We have had a number of good guest posts, and for the most part the forum bots have been actualy registering accounts to post with.

It may be that we will have to make a single sub-forum with guest access though. or maybe get one of thoes scrambled numeric conformation image generators... hehe or maybe just a "dagger, eye, moon" sub password. :D besides, your one of thoes programmer types arn't you? <hint> <hint>
Willis

Master of the Mask
Lead Programmer

Post by Willis »

As Cruaich said, guest posting has proven to be very useful, and it has long been the tradition of the qblood/Transfusion project. It encourages users to participate without having to go out of their way.

I feel the moderation on this forum is good enough to leave the guest posting as it is... these rather rare spam posts are almost always handled within 24 hours, which doesn't really detriment the community, they should just be ignored, and as always, they will be removed.
da_weezle
Acolyte

Post by da_weezle »

Lol, I was thinking about creating a topic for this, but I didn't... or did I?...

Anyways, lol @ Chris. But then I'd have to choose between coding for the botkiller or for TF-code... I know where my priorities lie. ;)

Well it's not really bugging me that much, just a bit of frustration as to what certain companies resort to in order to make more $'s. But then you have McDonald's and such, so I guess it's not the worse thing in the world.
Willis

Master of the Mask
Lead Programmer

Post by Willis »

Chris, since you delete the majority of them, can you from this point on either document what the content is or move them into balm & poontang? If we get a pattern or a phrase match on them, adding in a post block shouldn't be too difficult, similar to word filtering, only in this case, denying a post instead of changing a word.
da_weezle
Acolyte

Post by da_weezle »

^ The man with the plan. ^
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

Willis, sure I'll just arcive it in a text file or some such. For the most part bots like to use quotes and have links to gambling webpages.

Post by Guest »

I'm a bot.
oBe
Cabal member

Post by oBe »

Damn it, I was going for a practical joke /\ /\, but I wasn't logged in, now it's just a practical nothing.

Okay, here I go again:
"I'm a Bot."
da_weezle
Acolyte

Post by da_weezle »

Hahahhahah!!!

How ironic...
r_cain
The Drinking God

Post by r_cain »

yep, would a bot make that mistake?