Transfusion down time - What just happened?

Problems logging in? Links not working? Graphics missing? 4xx errors? Post any forum problems here.

Moderator: Webmasters

Tchernobog
Tchernobog's Love Child

Transfusion down time - What just happened?

Post by Tchernobog »

I can not tell you how relieved I am to see the forums back up again, even if the theme is still somewhat screwed up. Losing the forums would have meant the loss of much of the Blood Communities life for the past decade, and the Internet Archive would not have saved us this time if the forums went down. I had trouble sleeping last night just thinking about it, and that is not an exaggeration or hyperbole on my part.

So what the hell just happened? I would like some clarification please. :?
Willis

Master of the Mask
Lead Programmer

Re: Transfusion down time - What just happened?

Post by Willis »

DustyStyx has left the project, and felt, as the last active project forum moderator that it was in the best interest to close things down.

However, I, and likely many others, don't feel quite the same way.
The new forum look isn't a result from the downtime, but rather the result of a forum upgrade that was inevitable anyway. With DustyStyx departing, it was needed more than ever for anti-spam purposes, so with the return of the site came required forum upgrades required to keep the place running smoothly. There was never any risk of the data within being lost, and won't be for the foreseeable future.

The forum theme is a work-in-progress, and will be for at least a few days, if not weeks. But your Bloody data is still all in-tact.
Tchernobog
Tchernobog's Love Child

Post by Tchernobog »

Well, thank you for the work you have put in to updating and restoring the site Willis, and I wish Dusty the best of luck on any further endeavours he may pursue in the future, even if he should have put a bit more consideration into taking the website down. :)
I Live...AGAIN
Cabal member

Post by I Live...AGAIN »

I like the new upgraded look myself. :D

Much thanks to Willis for generously donating the resources to keep this site going for these many years. And also many thanks to Chris(Dusty) for all the work he has put into this. We have all burnt out at some point or another over the years but it's impossible to measure the enormous time and effort Dusty himself has put into the project. Dusty and others here have come to be good friends of mine over the years and I will always appreciate their efforts.
Ransu
Cheetah

Post by Ransu »

I don't understand why Dusty suddenly left. He was working on stuff with Blender and a solution to the bot issues. I guess I'll have to chat with him when I get the chance. :?
zZaRDoZz
Acolyte

Post by zZaRDoZz »

I wish we could have pulled together to help Dusty out a bit more. While I didn't agree with all of his decisions, that just comes with the territory I suppose. In the last year he'd become something of a friend and I hope he returns as a retired member if need be.
ZedSlayer
Axe Zombie

Post by ZedSlayer »

Well, good to know this place is not dead for good, where would I go for blood news and bloodite chat?
Tchernobog
Tchernobog's Love Child

Post by Tchernobog »

zZaRDoZz wrote:In the last year he'd become something of a friend and I hope he returns as a retired member if need be.
Indeed. If you are reading this Dusty, just because you have left the project does not mean your presence will not be missed. So please don't be a stranger and keep posting, even in only a retired capacity. You are are still welcome here.
Slink

Not to be a dick, but...

Post by Slink »

Well I think it looks hella tight. ^_^

// Bye, Dusty. :-/ I know how it is, man. I've been gone for too long, myself.