Split: 20091214

Problems logging in? Links not working? Graphics missing? 4xx errors? Post any forum problems here.

Moderator: Webmasters

Fiend:Kamikaze
A LUMBERJACK!

Post by Fiend:Kamikaze »

Blood of Nightmares wrote: This is actually a very serious situation unlike Dusty and everyone else tries to pass it off as a joke...

Slink

Not to be a dick, but...

Post by Slink »

Bahahaha :lol:
I Live...AGAIN
Cabal member

Post by I Live...AGAIN »

DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

I guess there is still a little confusion.

Kurt and Clari87 can fight a Bloodbath between themselves to have their accounts mutually restored. The Bloodbath between Kurt and Clari87 can happen anytime after Dec. 14.

If Kurt and Clari87 fail to make amends in a month period (by Jan. 14), they (Kurt or Clari87) can then petition for four (4) other members of the forum to a Bloodbath.

A petitioned forum member ought not feel obligated to a Bloodbath, they can accept or reject the petition as they so choose.

Once they (Kurt or Clari87) have fought four others, and have submitted screen shots, I will then reactivated their respective account. Being the first to Bloodbath 4 others will NOT block the other party from being able to have their account reactivated. They can take as long as needed.

I've not set a particular time limit as to how long this secondary action might take except that it cannot be pursued until after the first month has lapsed.

Is that clear enough or is there still confusion?
I Live...AGAIN
Cabal member

Post by I Live...AGAIN »

Thanks for clearing that up for everyone Chris.

Let me guess what others are saying about it.......

Kurt:
LIES, LIES, LIES, DAMAGE, DAMAGE, DAMAGE, THEFT, THEFT, THEFT!

Blood of Nightmares:
SERIOUS, SERIOUS, SERIOUS, INSTIGATE, INSTIGATE, INSTIGATE, SPAMBOTS, SPAMBOTS, SPAMBOTS!

I think that about covers it.
A LUMBERJACK!

I really wish I'd known what I was getting into before I started making maps. This crap is exhausting. (not the mapping, just being accused of stealing it.)
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

Yeah, there's nothing more sapping than having worked hard on something for the community and then having it scrutinized and trounced on.

I think that's what's got Kurt so riled up as well. But there are better ways to deal with it than relentlessly trouncing some one else's project.
Slink

Not to be a dick, but...

Post by Slink »

Agreed, indeed.
zZaRDoZz
Acolyte

Post by zZaRDoZz »

Fiend:
I really wish I'd known what I was getting into before I started making maps. This crap is exhausting. (not the mapping, just being accused of stealing it.)
I think the worst is over, at least on the public forums.
A LUMBERJACK!

zZaRDoZz wrote: I think the worst is over, at least on the public forums.
Most likely. I got into a lovely back and forth with Kurt through PM over the last couple of days. We quickly hit a wall.
I Live...AGAIN
Cabal member

Post by I Live...AGAIN »

He loves the attention, best to pretend he doesn't exist.......
A LUMBERJACK!

I Live...AGAIN wrote:He loves the attention, best to pretend he doesn't exist.......
I don't think it's about attention, I think it's a compulsion. He makes the same post to reply to nearly everything, nearly the same exact words, same wall of text, rearranged slightly every time. He makes long-winded, awkward responses, which disregard any argument presented to him. He uses odd words and phrases, which I ignored at first because he's Canadian. I'm sorry to any Canadian posters who read this, but I've only been to Quebec, so my ear for Canadian English isn't too good.

"Damages" is odd in itself outside of a legal context, but he uses it in every paragraph. It is compulsive repetition.

He believes that Hypertension has damaged Blood 2 Resurrection. He also believes that his contributions to the community are vital to its survival. Any challenge to this is seen, by him, as an attack on the community itself. In PM, I baited him, suggested that I was a better level designer - he did not like this one bit. Understandable, but his response wasn't to prove that he was better, or to even go the obvious route of mocking EDGE as a technologically inferior engine. It was to simply dismiss it as being completely untrue. In his mind, there is absolutely no way that I could be better than him, under any circumstances. Or that anyone could, for that matter. I asked him why he doesn't post Blood 2 Resurrection screenshots anymore, as this would only get him more evidence of theft if they appeared, to which he responded (publicly, after quoting a PM of mine on the main forums), that he had enough evidence already.

His lengthy and largely similar responses aren't copied and pasted, either. He takes the time to write every single one of those, word by word.

This isn't typical Hollywood narcissism. I've seen this type of behavior before. For the last two semesters, I had a roommate in college with Asperger's syndrome. Not "internet" Asperger's, the actual social disorder. I don't mean to sound hyperbolic or insulting. From experience, and after the exchanges I've had with him, I truly believe this to be the case with Kurt.

If it is the case, he'll eventually move on to another obsession. Currently, he's obsessed with destroying Hypertension, as it's the only thing he's posted about in several months. I'm almost certain that Blood 2 Resurrection is abandoned in favor of his new project.

This is really a terrible development, since I can't go around insulting Kurt for being an asshole if it isn't his fault.
zombo
Rat

Post by zombo »

It looks like Kurt didn't like your post very much. :cry:

http://www.blood2r.com/updates/updates.html

But at least he did show a rather impressive new image at the very end. :)
I Live...AGAIN
Cabal member

Post by I Live...AGAIN »

Anyone from the outside looking in can plainly see he is all about bad mouthing another project and not about finishing his own.

Fiend's description of Kurt is mostly spot on, except for the part about it not being his fault for being an asshole :)
Kurt basically verified everything Fiend just said in that last blog post.

If I was a newcomer looking at that trainwreck of a blog I would shake my head and walk away.

I for one, am offended that he is self-centered enough to think that his so-called project is holding the community together. In all honesty most people dont care about his project at all. Just read through his blog and you can see him whining about not enough people caring or leaving comments(praise) for him.

This is another reason why IMO he is an attention whore. First it was that Lithtech 1.0 was too hard, then it was that no one cared, then it was that it was too hard to make ABC models, then it was that he couldn't find a copy of 3DSmax, then it was that no one cared again, then it was that Corbin had people helping him on his MOD and no one would help Kurt, then it was that Corbin's MOD made his redundant so no one cared again, then it was that Corbin was stealing content from him...etc.

It just goes on and on and on and on...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
A LUMBERJACK!

Kurt's response to my claim that he has a set routine of responding to everything with a long-winded same-y post was to write a long-winded same-y post.

I can't do it anymore. I can't contribute any more to Kurt's self-destruction.