Kurt's Plea: split 20091008

Problems logging in? Links not working? Graphics missing? 4xx errors? Post any forum problems here.

Moderator: Webmasters

zZaRDoZz
Acolyte

Post by zZaRDoZz »

At the risk of appearing bombastic Dusty, I do believe we have a route.
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

This is a public reply to a PM Kurt sent to me. It is public because it contains elements relevant* to the all of the various Blood modding groups out there.

Despite what you may think of my ethics. I really was interested in getting to the truth of the matter. Did we not identify and get Corbin to realize that actually selling the game on Amazon would be unethical? Even that alone would prove to be reason enough for the debate and you KNOW that much is true.

I'll admit that turning it into a debate should have been discussed before hand and that you both agree to the terms of the debate. That was unprofessional, I never did take a debate class so I was just winging it.

Regardless of the quarrel the two of you have, this is the problem I face. If I shut down anything to do with Hypertension, I have to shut down everything that relates to making a Blood mod on any other engine that is not Blood Build, Blood2 Lithtech, or Transfusion. It is my understanding that creating a mod with unlicensed materials from another game is illegal, period.

Porting Blood media to Blood 2 is illegal. Porting Blood2 media to any other Lithtech engine (KISS Psycho Circus, Shogo, NOLF, etc.) is illegal. Porting Blood media to Doom for zBlood or Hypertension is illegal. Porting Blood media to any of the other Build/Duke engines is illegal. Porting the derivative works that we have developed here for Transfusion to any other engine is illegal because they still fall under the same quitclaim (Yes, this applies to the skins Corbin is using on the Transfusion models he ported). Transfusion is the only legal option, that that I am aware of, that the Blood community has to do ANYTHING outside of the original respective Build and Lithtech engines.

Because this is only my understanding, and I have reason to believe that it is incomplete, I have been content to allow anything related to external Blood modding be discussed.

If my understanding is faulty, please, correct me and show me US copyright laws or licensing agreements that clearly state otherwise.

However, if I am forced to act on the situation as I understand it, and I error on the side of caution, I will have to lock and perhaps, prune all threads related to any Blood modding topic outside of Blood, Blood2 and Transfusion. This includes B2R at the point it incorporated unlicensed Blood 1 media and diverges from only being a Blood2 mod and you started playing around with other Lithtech engines.

*"reliant" changed to "relevant"
Last edited by DustyStyx on Tue Oct 13, 2009 02:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blood of Nightmares
Zealot

Post by Blood of Nightmares »

Edit: Deleted to avoid further flame wars...
Last edited by Blood of Nightmares on Tue Oct 13, 2009 07:00 pm, edited 10 times in total.
zZaRDoZz
Acolyte

Post by zZaRDoZz »

BON:
The only illegal part (the main problem we have with) that Corbin has been doing all along is that he's trying to sell Hypertension on the Sega Dreamcast on Amazon containing stolen unlicensed material and ideas from other people's other mods (meaning if .....

Is that really your only complaint BON? So if one little thing is thrown out (Corbin selling Hypertension) You loose almost all your personal opposition to what Corbin's doing? I know you can't speak for kurt. Still you seem to be limiting yourself quite a bit here considering some of the things you've said, like wishing we'd die in a fire and what not. Surely you have something else besides this.

EDIT there=here
Last edited by zZaRDoZz on Tue Oct 13, 2009 01:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zZaRDoZz
Acolyte

Post by zZaRDoZz »

X) Yeah, that's kinda what I thought. 8)
Blood of Nightmares
Zealot

zZaRDoZz wrote:BON:
The only illegal part (the main problem we have with) that Corbin has been doing all along is that he's trying to sell Hypertension on the Sega Dreamcast on Amazon containing stolen unlicensed material and ideas from other people's other mods (meaning if .....

Is that really your only complaint BON? So if one little thing is thrown out (Corbin selling Hypertension) You loose almost all your personal opposition to what Corbin's doing? I know you can't speak for kurt. Still you seem to be limiting yourself quite a bit here considering some of the things you've said, like wishing we'd die in a fire and what not. Surely you have something else besides this.

EDIT there=here
It's not just that but my other complaints came from the fact Corbin is raping Blood by adding teenage magical/demon hunting girls (Mary Suedom that is), Rule of Rose/Haunting Ground gameplay (the dog), prostitutes, Caleb being a anime emo drug addict, Gideon being the main antagonist rather than Tchernobog (or some other Entity) which invites major plot holes, and other worst ideas that makes Hypertension look like a fan fiction story rather than a well written one (or it could something that today's game companies or Hollywood (or maybe Uwe Boll) would make...) but ofcourse the whole selling part (selling the sequel by connecting it to a established franchise) just only much made it worse which also demonstrates his arrogance...(Which I'll admit that if Corbin had no intentions to sell this including the sequel and plans to release for free like any other mod then I would have no problem with him only except that I would find his ideas suck...)
Last edited by Blood of Nightmares on Tue Oct 13, 2009 02:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zZaRDoZz
Acolyte

Post by zZaRDoZz »

BON:
It's not just that ...
WHEW!
...but my other complaints came from the fact Corbin is raping Blood...
hmmmm...
... by adding teenage magical girls, Rule of Rose/Haunting Ground gameplay (the dog), prostitutes, Caleb being a anime emo drug addict, and other worst ideas that makes Hypertension look like a fan fiction story rather than a well written one (or it could something that today's game companies or Hollywood (or maybe Uwe Boll) would make...)
So it's important to ban a thread on taste issues. BTW have you updated your opposition list in the past 5 months or so? Some of your complaints above are out of date.
Blood of Nightmares
Zealot

zZaRDoZz wrote:So it's important to ban a thread on taste issues. BTW have you updated your opposition list in the past 5 months or so? Some of your complaints above are out of date.
Well what sorts of ideas that Corbin has now? I do know that he's planning to make Aurelia a demon hunter thats for sure...
zZaRDoZz
Acolyte

Post by zZaRDoZz »

The teenage anime girl thing has been corrected several times and has to be considered misrepresentation at this point. Many of the b2 like elements are being written out (Gideon is still in). Your can study the wiki page if you'd at leased like to make sure there's no more misrepresentation on you're part.
Ransu
Cheetah

Post by Ransu »

I don't mean to get involved in this, but I seriously feel like we have a bunch of kids fighting on this forum right now. Why can't you all just let this go and move on?
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

Alright, I tried. Ella, you were right, it didn't solve much. But I've made a decision. Something Kurt will probably damn me for, but oh well.

Again, this is after receiving yet another PM from Kurt.

Kurt, you provided a string of text from one side of an argument. That hardly consists of proof, which is what I was after when I started the whole thing. You wanted me to make a decision about Hypertension, but I only have you word and a string of rants from Postmortem and the Doom community of teenagers to go by. I asked repeatedly that you isolate and bring forth the nuggets of truth to the debate so they could be examined in the light of day but you have failed to do so. You provided quotes of little more than "he said, she said."

I don't have time for temper tantrums. Play nice and go work on your mod and stop blaming Corbin for whatever rage you have pent up.