Kurt's Plea: split 20091008

Problems logging in? Links not working? Graphics missing? 4xx errors? Post any forum problems here.

Moderators: Slink, Webmasters

User avatar
Ella
Axe Zombie
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:19 am
Location: Loathers Mill

Postby Ella » Fri Oct 09, 2009 05:10 pm

DustyStyx wrote:If all you are going to say is shuddupaboutyitalready! That is not being constructive. Believe me, I've tried saying that to BOTH of them numerous times in response to PMs directed at me. I believe the words I used were "pleas be patient'.


I'm not sure who this is generally aimed towards, but in my case, i'm not simply suggesting they shut up, in fact, i'm trying to show how both sides of the argument don't conclude to anything constructive or of any significance, especially when it concerns that of a personal matter. If i'm not allowed to portray common sense in a situation which keeps repeating then i'm only sorry you feel this isn't 'constructive' enough.

I've made clarity of unjustifiable arguments, and shown that opinions originating around such a subject are held simply by how people understand it, and that this feud doesn't have to conclude on a happy note in realistic terms. You can attempt focus solely on how each party makes conflicting statements, some of a subjective manner, but you can't seriously feel this will generate any finalized conclusion, this is just as naive as saying 'shuddupaboutyitalready!".
User avatar
DustyStyx
2D Artist
Posts: 2069
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 02:12 am
Location: Salt Lake
Contact:

Postby DustyStyx » Fri Oct 09, 2009 05:32 pm

Clari, "you can't seriously feel this will generate any finalized conclusion"
Actually, yes it will generate a finalized conclusion in the opinion I have on the matter. And thus, it will effect the way I administer the forums here at Transfusion about the issue.

Thus far I have been ignoring the tantrums the two sides have been throwing, but they really, seem to want me to take a side in the matter. So one way or another I am going to. However I do not want to be accused of being biased, or irrational so I am trying to get them to produce evidence methodically and maybe, just maybe, they might see what the hell the other side is going on about and come to a conclusion amongst themselves.

Throwing in your own views, about how this has already been done to death, really does not help that decision. So if you would, please be patient with me.

Again, if there are legitimate complains, sighted after 2006, that can be reviewed and debated, please post them.
User avatar
Ella
Axe Zombie
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:19 am
Location: Loathers Mill

Postby Ella » Fri Oct 09, 2009 05:56 pm

By that standard, yes, but as an entire conclusion by majority of the community (by most who are, or have been involved) it's too mixed and generally conflicted to be in co-operation.

I'm not saying you can't pick a side, but given what's going on you're not necessarily forced to participate, but i know you do to improve upon your administrative status, all i'm suggesting is that you can only prepare for further disagreement even after your final analysis, perhaps not as severe, but it'll continue. Kurt and Corbin are too distant from agreement, as evident.

Also, i didn't state it's been done to death, only that the event is very repetitive. That former comment was suggested within The Postmortem forums some time ago, not necessarily by me.

Anyway i'll leave you to place judgement as you feel it's your duty, but as for a settlement for others who have been affected by this, i wouldn't count for change. Good luck.

Edit: Spelling.
Last edited by Ella on Fri Oct 09, 2009 08:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
zZaRDoZz
Acolyte
Posts: 416
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 03:13 pm
Location: USA
Contact:

Postby zZaRDoZz » Fri Oct 09, 2009 06:59 pm

A very low quality youtube of the nightmare levels. You'll have to turn up the volume a bit. Again there is no Dr. West named, but given Blood's tendency to make Lovecraft references...


A low quality youtube
User avatar
DustyStyx
2D Artist
Posts: 2069
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 02:12 am
Location: Salt Lake
Contact:

Postby DustyStyx » Fri Oct 09, 2009 07:27 pm

Ella, thank you.

zZaRDoZz, I was not aware of that reference. Am I right in concluding you are talking about the Re-Animator?
http://www.imdb.com/video/screenplay/vi511901977/

Although Blood holds a long tradition of spoofing horror movies, it does seem to be an obscure reference for both of your mods to follow. Who came up with that track of reasoning first? Please, I would like to see verifiable dates, or the testimony of a third party witness to back it up.

Corbin/Kurt, is the crux of your mod dependent on this Re-Animator reference or could that be something that is changed?
Blood of Nightmares
Zealot
Posts: 174
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2005 07:56 pm

Postby Blood of Nightmares » Fri Oct 09, 2009 07:38 pm

DustyStyx wrote:Corbin/Kurt, is the crux of your mod dependent on this Re-Animator reference or could that be something that is changed?


I think Kurt is simply using the mad scientist reference as a example on how Corbin has been stealing his ideas/material which obviously you haven't read the " I could go on and on and say more," on the last part....
Last edited by Blood of Nightmares on Fri Oct 09, 2009 07:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
zZaRDoZz
Acolyte
Posts: 416
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 03:13 pm
Location: USA
Contact:

Postby zZaRDoZz » Fri Oct 09, 2009 07:41 pm

The movie re-animator (1986?) Was loosely based on the Lovecraft story Dr. Herbert West. by H.P. Lovecraft. It's a story of a mad genius faculty member/ scientist who developed a serum that could bring back the dead. The dead in question eventually escape, organize, and head back to the university to exact their revenge (a loose parody of Frankenstein by Lovecraft).
User avatar
DustyStyx
2D Artist
Posts: 2069
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 02:12 am
Location: Salt Lake
Contact:

Postby DustyStyx » Fri Oct 09, 2009 08:54 pm

BoN, I think you are mistaking what I know for what you think Joe knows.

This is what I've been able to extract so far.

• Corbin talking about and reevaluating the idea of selling his Dreamcast port through Amazon.
• You're complaint about a tip jar.
• Quotes that may or may not be taken out of context.
• A pair of screenshots that emulate Bloods style about as much as they do each other.

We are currently discussing the aspect of this Cthulhu scientist that reanimates dead tissue. And what role it plays in each mod.

I don't want to waste my time reading through a bunch of stale arguments and have you expect me to make a decision that hasn't been fully debated. Remember, this has been brought this to the Transfusion forum after the fact. I'm willing to help untangle the ball of yarn, but I'm going to use scissors.
Last edited by DustyStyx on Fri Oct 09, 2009 08:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Corbin
Zealot
Posts: 158
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 09:48 pm
Location: california
Contact:

Postby Corbin » Fri Oct 09, 2009 08:55 pm

Didn't Blood 2 have a mad scientist in it already? That's not really fair to say that I copied him. Kurt just took that idea and expanded on it.

dusty wrote:Corbin/Kurt, is the crux of your mod dependent on this Re-Animator reference or could that be something that is changed?

It's dependent on that character. I refuse to change it as we've already filmed a good amount of novel with Dr. West in the game. That isn't fair. I don't care what Kurt says, I didn't do it to copy him. I can reverse it and say he copied our mod. The first generalization of Hypertension's phase 2 was somewhere near June (earlier this year) when we brought him into the story. Ever since then he's become a developed person in the script and the title itself. I did not see anything from Kurt about this.

So now I'm asking Kurt - where the hell did you say this? How could I have copied it if your mad scientist claim is nowhere to be found? I have already searched your entire blog. And how could I create a character that has already been created by Lovecraft himself? There's a difference between integrating public domain and creating raw material.

And Kurt, you just now let us all know about it, right now. Where have you previously said that? That was never, ever a concern of yours, EVER, until just right now. I'm assuming you're going to start talking about how our trees look too similar? As far as I am concerned you could've just said that to stir up the hive. Like Joe said you will do anything to keep this fire going. Blood 2 had a mad scientist in it. I've played enough of it to figure that out. The only reason that was really brought up was to continue this discussion. It shouldn't matter. If it matters to you then you are very insecure about yourself.


Also, H.P. Lovecraft's stuff is in public domain (e.g. Reanimator) How on earth could I copy him if I never knew he had a mad scientist in his title? It's f*ck*ng public domain. That's just absurd. Blood1 itself had several references to the film and character.

I'm tired of this. I wake up to a whole other page of this crap. Ella's right. This has been going on in a damn loop for ever. It has to end sometime.


And I guess BON didn't accept my apology either, so whatever.

I just want this to stop. I'm tired of defending myself and my team's actions. Like I said, I'm a software programmer. Let me get back to the programming already.

It it will help I will bring my relevant team members into this and you can take their statements too. I think sometimes you guys forget I have a pretty large group, and I'm not the only person on my development team who makes design decisions.
[/b]
User avatar
DustyStyx
2D Artist
Posts: 2069
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 02:12 am
Location: Salt Lake
Contact:

Postby DustyStyx » Fri Oct 09, 2009 09:56 pm

Clari87 wrote:Didn't Blood 2 have a mad scientist in it already?

Yes, this is true, however the mad scientists in Blood2 struck me as either researchers studying a parasite that takes over the host or playing around with inter-dimensional gates/weapons. The reanimation technique from Blood 1 appears to have been right out of "Return Of The Living Dead" Yes, I'll conceded that Blood2Nightmares has the Re-Animator reference, but that seems to be a round about, and vague explanation for the Blood1 zombies.

Because of it's obscurity, I would think that the Cthulhu Re-Animator scientist idea probably came to the mind of one or the other of you first. Kurt claims that you are just copying his work. This seems to be his best argument so far. I think it should be explored fully. And I would like to see references from both sides. I can't just arbitrarily decide "Oh, Kurt/Corbin is right!"

If you relinquish your debate Kurt wins, it's as simple as that. Based on what we have discussed thus far, I can really only see one valid argument against you and that was the idea of selling your mod through Amazon.

We will get to how important the Dr. West link is to your mod shortly. I will also get to my view about using public domain works as well. Yes anyone can use it, but....

As for your team members vouching for you, that's not exactly "third party".

I'm looking for a dated Blog post, or post from a forum. It's hard to really nail down a statement from off the internet, but if you happen to have something that's been recorded through the Internet Archives that would be great. This goes for Kurt as well. If all I get is "I had the idea first!" "No, I did" I'll have be forced to accept Corbins argument that it was in Blood2Nightmares so either of you could have come up with the idea independently of each other.

Pleas let Kurt respond now and you can have another say about the matter.
User avatar
kurt
master of the universe
Posts: 471
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2007 01:16 am
Location: vancouver canada
Contact:

Postby kurt » Fri Oct 09, 2009 09:59 pm

As Ella has stated, there can be no resolution. There are those who can see the truth and those who will deny everything as obvious as the sky being blue. I would be quite content to put all of this behind me, but I am constantly reminded of it whenever I work on my project or go on the internet.

When I read Clari jokingly state that it was perfectly fine to take other people's work, that just totally provoked me. I am not "whining" or having a "temper tantrum" or being an "attention whore". In fact I have tried to end the continuation of this discussion here several times now. But as always, Clari has to return to try and get the last word in.

Let us examine a few facts here for a moment. His apalling history is full of false claims, confrontations, and outright lies. It would actually take several pages to list all of the examples of his previous bad behavior. One could argue that this is all irrelevant because he was young and foolish. But I would state that it is obvious evidence of his lack of character and ethics. Would you hire a repeat offender of theft to work in a bank? Common sense would tell you that would be unwise, because people generally don't change. He has continued his attempts to manipulate people, and to lie about things this very year. So how can anyone believe anything he has to say?

In February 2008 Corbin announced yet another attempt at creating another Resident Evil mod, that was using all kinds of resources from a variety of different games. The history of its development can be witnessed here. Scroll down all the way to July 31 2008 and it can be seen that this project was still being worked on. However just 2 weeks later, a brand new Blood mod was suddenly announced on August 13th! So where did this idea suddenly come from? Coincidentally, Corbin visited my website 11 times in August 2008 and I received my first email from his as well.

Eventually his blog took on a similar appearance to my own also, until I pointed this fact out, and then he denied the similarity and quickly redsigned it. He originally claimed that his project was simply a Blood port to the Dreamcast, and I supported and encouraged his efforts. But eventually as he became more "inspired" by my work, Blood 2 became more and more involved. It would then become an attempt to "re-visualize" the events of Blood and Blood 2, which had been the entire point of my project all along.

I was obviously disturbed by this development, and even more so when his work seemed to turn into a mockery of what I had been doing. The fact that he also wanted to make money through donations, the selling of disks, and a planned commercial sequel just angered me even more. I tried to explain to him the error of his ways as did many people, but as always Clari retaliated in the only way that he knows how. He ridiculed everyone and attempted to do as much damage as he possibly could.

On February 2nd of this year I created a new character page on my web site. Dr. Pretorius is based on HP Lovecraft, and he is involved in the reanimation of dead flesh. I will not change anything. Yes, Clari has a very large team and he is actually listed twice under the Doom based bloodites on the Blood wiki. How many more of these "team" members are Clari as well?

I can no longer publicly talk about my own project because it would only further "inspire" Clari. A great deal of damage has been done, and no resolution is possible. My only choice now is to completely avoid the internet altogether so that I am no longer reminded of the anger that I still feel.

Everyone is free to form their own opinions. I need to get over my anger and leave here...

__________________________________

Image
Tyler
Rat
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Oct 09, 2009 09:52 pm

Postby Tyler » Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:06 pm

This is still going on? These are endless stupid arugements that are never going to be resolved. There is no that we stole Reanimation, like Clari said Reanimation is public Domain. The idea for us to use has been around since the beginning of Phase 2.
User avatar
Corbin
Zealot
Posts: 158
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 09:48 pm
Location: california
Contact:

Postby Corbin » Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:35 pm

kurt wrote:When I read Clari jokingly state that ...

Kurt, we've examined everything. Numerous times. You created a thread to do just that. Stop reminding everyone with 3 mile long posts.

kurt wrote:But eventually as he became more "inspired" by my work, Blood 2 became more and more involved.

There, right there, is when I believe you started getting upset. I always said that it was going to have some Blood 2 in it. When you learned that we were going to include Blood 2 is around the time you started getting upset. I remember this. I can date this. The reason I visited your site so much was that it was really the only other mod around that existed. Transfusion by that time was on hold and the other mods didn't seem interesting. I also listened to your music player a lot, which is another reason I was on it so much.

Furthermore, Dr. West in my storyline has always had a more important, different role than reanimating dead flesh. And his design isn't even remotely based off of yours. We integrated him in June but had the character down since Rebecca used to work with me back in 2008 (this is strictly proven in the wiki site's history), a few months into the modification. EDIT: Here is the link, from December of 2008, and you can clearly see my collegue's name in the credits as Dr. Herbert West, when he was "officially" announced. Do you see it there? That revision comes from DECEMBER OF 2008!! How could we have copied Kurt if Kurt's page didn't come online until February of 2009!?!?!?
http://blood.wiki-site.com/index.php?ti ... oldid=7240
The revision is from December 18th, 2008. The evidence is all there.


In June is when he became fully developed as a major character. Before in our documents, he was only to be listed as a one or two level "boss". This dates back to late 2008 - when we were in a relationship, we watched the second film. That's when it hit us and we worked from there.


I'm sorry Kurt but you're going too far with accusing my team now. Hah, want me to get Rebecca online to tell you straight up that we didn't get it from B2R? She'll be more than happy to. Even more so, I can just create a video so you don't start getting all conspiratorial that I'm doing it, which I'm sure you will. She said she's more than happy to testify.

One more EDIT:
dusty wrote:• A pair of screenshots that emulate Bloods style about as much as they do each other.

Here is a comment posted in my blog from August 6th, 2009, about that screenshot. Near the very bottom, from my level designer, proving that we didn't rip Kurt off, and further strengthens that I am not a level designer. We had a tree there previously that was unfinished. It wasn't until we added leaves that Kurt accused him of it.

Just because I have these ideas already in development with the game itself doesn't mean I have to publicly announce it. There is so much more, eons more, that I won't reveal because if you do that...nobody will want to play anything.


The Blood Wiki entries that Kurt spoke of are not my fault. I did not create it you cretin. Look through the history page, I was not the one who added myself to that.
Last edited by Corbin on Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Blood of Nightmares
Zealot
Posts: 174
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2005 07:56 pm

Postby Blood of Nightmares » Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:09 pm

Corbin, your "team" is nothing more than a bunch of schizophrenic hallucinations that doesn't exist, don't try to fool us with your tricks. I betcha all your suppose "team" members that appear in these forums (like "Tyler" and probably "Rebbecca") are all happen to be your alternative user accounts is it not? Pretty much tells me how insane your truly are...

I can also see that your a Consummate Liar as well....
Last edited by Blood of Nightmares on Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
zZaRDoZz
Acolyte
Posts: 416
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 03:13 pm
Location: USA
Contact:

Postby zZaRDoZz » Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:12 pm

XD



Would you like to meet Tyler BON?

Return to “Forum & Website Issues”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests