Kurt's Plea: split 20091008

Problems logging in? Links not working? Graphics missing? 4xx errors? Post any forum problems here.

Moderators: Slink, Webmasters

User avatar
kurt
master of the universe
Posts: 471
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2007 01:16 am
Location: vancouver canada
Contact:

Kurt's Plea: split 20091008

Postby kurt » Wed Oct 07, 2009 06:15 pm

Slink wrote:As far as I'm concerned, you should prove what you can as far as your OWN material is concerned, and shrug off whatever you can't prove, because stating things you can't prove is useless to most people.


Since this forum has chosen to lock that thread, I will respond to you here.

All the proof in the world doesn't matter much if no one actually cares about anything.

If that were in fact true, then someone could potentially cause trouble and get away with it for many years. Forums could also turn into virtual ghost towns that are void of any meaningful dialogue or progress, and where threads are locked and some rather serious questions can be dismissed with a "he he he he".

I have never asked for anyone's account to be stopped at any time Dusty, so please don't say that I have. And if speaking the truth and providing evidence makes me a whiny bitch, then so be it.

I believe that my questions and concerns have been answered. I will respect the wishes of this forum, so that we can all avoid any unpleasant truths, evidence, or meaningful discussions in the future.

__________________________________

Image
User avatar
DustyStyx
2D Artist
Posts: 2069
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 02:12 am
Location: Salt Lake
Contact:

Postby DustyStyx » Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:27 pm

I've been more than content to just let the whole thing die off just like everything else tends to do, but Kurt, you really seem to want to press the issue so....

kurt wrote:I have never asked for anyone's account to be stopped at any time Dusty, so please don't say that I have.


Honestly Kurt, how am I supposed to interpret this then?

Subject: ''what is wrong here'' by kurt wrote:I really don't understand how the Transfusion site, and you in particular, can continue to tolerate the presence of someone like Clari87/Corbin


And just so the other side of the argument is clear:

Subject: ''Re: oh wow'' by Clari87 wrote:Dusty, is there anything you can do to shut Kurt up?


As I stated before I'm in the "Any blood mod is a good mod" camp so I'll be more lenient with people that want to do cross engine ports of Blood. Even B2R has expressed jumping to the Jupiter engine if I'm not mistaken.

Anything that isn't strictly on the Blood or Blood 2 engines that uses the respective textures/models/maps/audio from said games, without prior written permission from the publisher is, in fact, in violation of copyright law. End of discussion.

I've not reviewed the evidence where you claim that Clari87 has ripped off your ideas so I can't just take your word for it, but really if you are just expanding on ideas laid out by Monolith in the first place, how is it so bad if Clari87 is then expanding on your expansions? Hell, Blood itself is a great big elbow to the ribs of the horror movie industry as it is and they don't go around sighting each and every gag they used in the game.

If Clari87 is not giving credit where credit is due that's certainly bad form but in the end what does it really matter? It's not like you can send in a draft to the copyright office and expect to have it declared a wholly original work.

Clari87, don't take this as "carte blanche", if you need to render credits do so, there's really no good in p*** off the community.

Seriously what do you expect me to do?
User avatar
kurt
master of the universe
Posts: 471
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2007 01:16 am
Location: vancouver canada
Contact:

Postby kurt » Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:51 pm

Yes, I honestly don't know how anyone can tolerate Clari, but that doesn't mean that I condone terminating or banning anyone. How many people have complained about Clari and her "work" over the years? In that one link alone that I provided, there were over a dozen complaints. How many people have actually complained about me aside from Clari and Zardoz? Does that not say something?

I can't even post any updates anymore without Clari being "inspired" to imitate my work. I am not interested in credits, because I would not want to be associated with that self serving travesty. But I do have a problem with people being misled with false information, or in being prevented from speaking the truth. Ignoring the obvious evidence is of course your own choice, and you'll have no right to complain about the outcome afterward. Locking that thread was also a mistake in my opinion because I would have been interested in hearing the views of others.

But I do not want to debate this matter. That will ultimately accomplish nothing.

I will leave this forum though to do as it pleases, and I can only hope that enough people out there have the intelligence to determine for themselves what the truth and the facts actually are.


__________________________________

Image
Last edited by kurt on Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
zZaRDoZz
Acolyte
Posts: 416
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 03:13 pm
Location: USA
Contact:

Postby zZaRDoZz » Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:14 pm

kurt:
I will leave this forum though to do as it pleases, and I can only hope that enough people out there have the intelligence to determine for themselves what the truth and the facts actually are.



*Goes back to playing ZBl00D.*
User avatar
I Live...AGAIN
Cabal member
Posts: 762
Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2004 05:33 am
Location: Detroit
Contact:

Postby I Live...AGAIN » Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:35 am

I'm in the same "The more Blood the better" camp as Dusty.
User avatar
kurt
master of the universe
Posts: 471
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2007 01:16 am
Location: vancouver canada
Contact:

Postby kurt » Thu Oct 08, 2009 01:38 am

I Live...AGAIN wrote:I'm in the same "The more Blood the better" camp as Dusty.


How about I copy all of your maps ILA, and claim that they were all my idea?

Maybe I could try to make some money off them as well, and if you actually complain about it, then I'll simply ridicule you continuously...

Damages have been already been done by a couple of self serving individuals, and history shows that its not the first time that has happened. People have been complaining about Clari for years, and the internet is full of all kinds of facts and evidence that people such as yourself and Dusty seem to want to completely ignore. There is also a huge difference between steak and a steaming pile of feces.

It is of course your choice to ignore all of the overwhelming evidence, but that simply proves the claim that people don't actually care about the truth.

I will say no more on the subject because there is obviously no point in discussing anything too complex here.

__________________________________

Image
User avatar
Corbin
Zealot
Posts: 158
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 09:48 pm
Location: california
Contact:

Postby Corbin » Thu Oct 08, 2009 02:12 am

kurt wrote:I will say no more on the subject because there is obviously no point in discussing anything too complex here.

You're free to discuss this issue elsewhere Kurt. I'd personally love to get down to the bottom of this with you, but not here. You seem to want to talk about it to everyone, why not talk about it with me? People are free to say what they want over there. Get everyone involved. Let's smash this issue out till the sun goes down. I won't silence anything you say, I won't lock any kind of thread either. What do you say?


As for this place...Silence is golden. Duct tape is silver. =)

the populous wrote:I'm in the same "The more Blood the better" camp as Dusty.

I'll go grab a tent. ^^
User avatar
kurt
master of the universe
Posts: 471
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2007 01:16 am
Location: vancouver canada
Contact:

Postby kurt » Thu Oct 08, 2009 03:55 am

That is quite humorously ironic that you would use my thread to promote your forum.

It's also quite amazing that you can act so well mannered when you have to, or when you want something. Unfortunately I am not a fool to be manipulated so easily, and I will definitely not help you to promote your forum with my presence.

Although there are many things that I could say, it's been made quite obvious that you have no genuine interest in hearing anything negative or true. Your history demonstrates that you normally retaliate instantly to any kind of criticism or honesty. You then attempt to do damage to anyone that gives honest opinions, or provides true evidence of your bad or inappropriate behavior. You and Zardoz should both be quite proud of the great deal of damage that you have already done to this project and to the community, and that is not something that I will easily forgive or forget.

My views and opinions have always been honest and they are now well known. The evidence that has been presented over time also speaks volumes to anyone that is actually interested in the true facts. I will leave it at that, and will take comfort in knowing that most people will actually have the intelligence to see through your manipulation and self serving lies.

I will therefor decline your invitation to visit your forum, and I will now end this discussion.


__________________________________

Image
User avatar
I Live...AGAIN
Cabal member
Posts: 762
Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2004 05:33 am
Location: Detroit
Contact:

Postby I Live...AGAIN » Thu Oct 08, 2009 09:03 am

Kurt,

Your free to copy my maps until your blue in the face. You see, I dont obsess over video games........

If you can make money from it, good for you.
User avatar
kurt
master of the universe
Posts: 471
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2007 01:16 am
Location: vancouver canada
Contact:

Postby kurt » Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:08 pm

I Live...AGAIN wrote:If you can make money from it, good for you.


Fine then, I expect to be paid thirty thousand dollars immediately to continue my work.

You have clearly missed the point Joe, and it certainly says a lot about you if you can actually excuse or condone any attempts to profit on "borrowed" resources or "inspired" imitation. Especially if one doesn't even have any legal rights to it. The absence of any kind of ethics or morality, as well as general apathy by certain members of the community, is sadly a genuine problem. The fact that I should even have to explain what is clearly obvious proves that there is something seriously wrong here, and that people generally don't care.

Perhaps that also explains why the tumbleweed is creeping into this forum. Simply ignore reality and any serious complex issues, and maybe Zardoz can entertain you with some meaningless nonsense for the next few years.

"he he he he"

__________________________________

Image
User avatar
DustyStyx
2D Artist
Posts: 2069
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 02:12 am
Location: Salt Lake
Contact:

Postby DustyStyx » Thu Oct 08, 2009 02:57 pm

Thank you for the links Blood of Nightmares. Now see Kurt, that wasn't hard. You guys keep yelling at me and calling me a fool, but seriously why the hell should I bother keeping up with what is in essence a Posty argument, you guys jumped ship here years ago. Pleas give me a few hours to read though all this crap.

BTW, I am anosmic, I haven't been able to smell coffee (or anything else) for over 6 years now.
User avatar
I Live...AGAIN
Cabal member
Posts: 762
Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2004 05:33 am
Location: Detroit
Contact:

Postby I Live...AGAIN » Thu Oct 08, 2009 04:50 pm

In all honesty Kurt, I have tried to stay neutral with this whole thing but I have grown extremely tired of this constant feuding and bickering nonsense.
I have also grown very tired of your constant whining about it and obvious paranoia.

I was by far, Resurrection's biggest supporter (as proof in this forum and my own mini project) but it's finally come to the point where I honestly couldn't give a crap if you ever release anything. All this for not condemning Hypertension for doing basically the exact same thing your doing.

Since I'm being all honest here, let me point out that the only difference I see between the two projects is that Hypertension has a donation button on it's site. I find it extremely hypocritical that you jump up and down about others "borrowing" content but what I see with my own two eyes is that your "borrowing" just as much, if not more from other games than they are.

Just looking at your site I can see content from Shogo, Blood, NOLF, KPC and whatever other Lithtech material you could get your hands on. I'm sure you have looked at code for these other games as well and tried to implement it with Lithtech 1.0. Is that not copying or "borrowing" also? Do you think because end users cant see it, that it's somehow ok? Well, ok for you?

Your paranoia about Hypertension stealing your ideas is laughable. What is the purpose of your project again Kurt? To fix many of the bugs with Blood2 and make it a better game? Almost more Blood 1-like? To improve upon it? Hmm, I had that exact idea long before you ever showed up around these parts, should I jump around screaming like my pants are on fire? Yes, it's a silly analogy. Almost as silly as your paranoia. I'm not sure if your aware of this or not but your both making projects based upon Blood. Naturally that are going to look somewhat similar.

You think I dont get your point when in actuality I get your hypocritical point exactly, I just dont agree with you. I am at a place now where i just want this whole thing, including yourself to go away.

This is the second time you have attacked me for absolutely no reason. The first time I gave you a second chance. There will be no third time.
Blood of Nightmares
Zealot
Posts: 174
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2005 07:56 pm

Postby Blood of Nightmares » Thu Oct 08, 2009 05:21 pm

I Live...AGAIN wrote:In all honesty Kurt, I have tried to stay neutral with this whole thing but I have grown extremely tired of this constant feuding and bickering nonsense.
I have also grown very tired of your constant whining about it and obvious paranoia.

I was by far, Resurrection's biggest supporter (as proof in this forum and my own mini project) but it's finally come to the point where I honestly couldn't give a crap if you ever release anything. All this for not condemning Hypertension for doing basically the exact same thing your doing.

Since I'm being all honest here, let me point out that the only difference I see between the two projects is that Hypertension has a donation button on it's site. I find it extremely hypocritical that you jump up and down about others "borrowing" content but what I see with my own two eyes is that your "borrowing" just as much, if not more from other games than they are.

Just looking at your site I can see content from Shogo, Blood, NOLF, KPC and whatever other Lithtech material you could get your hands on. I'm sure you have looked at code for these other games as well and tried to implement it with Lithtech 1.0. Is that not copying or "borrowing" also? Do you think because end users cant see it, that it's somehow ok? Well, ok for you?

Your paranoia about Hypertension stealing your ideas is laughable. What is the purpose of your project again Kurt? To fix many of the bugs with Blood2 and make it a better game? Almost more Blood 1-like? To improve upon it? Hmm, I had that exact idea long before you ever showed up around these parts, should I jump around screaming like my pants are on fire? Yes, it's a silly analogy. Almost as silly as your paranoia. I'm not sure if your aware of this or not but your both making projects based upon Blood. Naturally that are going to look somewhat similar.

You think I dont get your point when in actuality I get your hypocritical point exactly, I just dont agree with you. I am at a place now where i just want this whole thing, including yourself to go away.

This is the second time you have attacked me for absolutely no reason. The first time I gave you a second chance. There will be no third time.


I think your once again missing the point Joe, The main differences between them is that Kurt is releasing B2R for free no different from any mod on the internet while Corbin in the other hand is planning to release Hypertension (and the sequel) for profit based on stolen ideas mainly from Kurt's Resurrection project (which the entire reason Hypertension exists is because of B2R) which is entire point of Kurt's argument which everyone seems to be overlooking.

Every project that Corbin has ever worked on in his entire career were actually meant to be commercial titles not to mention if you read any of the links I provided you'll see that he's also a troll that thinks he's a professional gaming company ("3Dfx development" which is also a title stolen from 3Dfx interactive which I think if anyone's intelligent enough to notice I think Corbin's "company" name is pretty much self-explanation/pun about Corbin's thievery/profitable nature and his incapacity of being original) that loves to cause havoc and destruction on every community he sets foot on. (BTW if you want to see how to properly sell a game as a commercial title for profit then I should direct your attention to HACX which the game entirely uses new textures, sprites, sounds, original storyline etc while Corbin's in the other hand is using resources/ideas from other games/mods and plans to sell it as if calling it his "own work"...not to mention almost every game that Corbin has ever worked on are also happen to be unauthorized/unofficial sequels and he makes no attempt at being original at all... Just look at his wiki you'll find that there is no original titles as a "game company" to be found anywhere since they all happen to be sequels from other games)

Also if you step into Kurt's shoes, just imagine working on a project for years and all the sudden of some [BLEEP] comes along and decides to steal everything from you and plans to sell your creativity for profit for his own personal gain and you would have felt the same rage that Kurt is feeling now and you would have done the same.
Last edited by Blood of Nightmares on Thu Oct 08, 2009 05:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
zZaRDoZz
Acolyte
Posts: 416
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 03:13 pm
Location: USA
Contact:

Postby zZaRDoZz » Thu Oct 08, 2009 05:54 pm

From the great, great Wikipedia:
Character assassination is an attempt to tarnish a person's reputation. It may involve exaggeration or manipulation of facts to present an untrue picture of the targeted person. It is a form of defamation and can be a form of ad hominem argument.

For living individuals targeted by character assassination attempts, this may result in being rejected by his community, family, or members of his or her living or work environment. Such acts are often difficult to reverse or rectify, and the process is likened to a literal assassination of a human life. The damage sustained can last a lifetime or, for historical figures, for many centuries after their death.

In practice, character assassination may involve double speak, spreading of rumors, innuendo or deliberate misinformation on topics relating to the subject's morals, integrity, and reputation. It may involve spinning information that is technically true, but that is presented in a misleading manner or is presented without the necessary context. For example, it might be said that a person refused to pay any income tax during a specific year, without saying that no tax was actually owed due to the person having no income that year.


Also from the great , great Wikipedia:

An ad hominem argument, also known as argumentum ad hominem (Latin: "argument to the person" or "argument against the person") is an argument which links the validity of a premise to a characteristic or belief of a person advocating the premise.


Example of ad hominem attack below:

"BON is a great stealer of blue pens from his employer/s. In the years between 1997 and 2006 BON stole at least 70 pens from various places of employment/ business, therefore BON is a thief and trusting his statements about Corbin would be foolish."


Now, lets discuss what would have to be present in those several links above for the definitions of character assasination and ad hominem attack be invalid.


1. A 2d view-from-above grid map comparison of a hypertension map along side a B2R map, illustrating the derived nature of Corbin's work.

2. A statement from Corbin saying it is important to copy verbatim Kurt's work in map design. (and no, Corbin saying he wants to get "a look" or a feel" for a similarly themed map does not count- not even close.



Short of those 2 things, your links are nothing but a bunch of forum antics that occurred years ago. They are so many piles of garbage, meant to dissuade people from paying attention to anything Corbin does now because of what happened in the past. The logic required for such nonsense to be taken seriously is "Corbin has done x in the past hence everything Corbin does in the future must be the same."

Such logic will always be followed up with comments about any rejection of these claims as being a proof of stupidity or culpability. This is why your so called "evidence" should be rejected out of hand.

Return to “Forum & Website Issues”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest