Retexturing

Feel the urge to display your handiwork?

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

Slink

Not to be a dick, but...

Post by Slink »

I'm not gonna lie, those look good. :) I agree with Mr Dustystyx. :)
Roma Loom
Axe Zombie

Post by Roma Loom »

Thanx.
Not to be to picky, just a sugestion, you might make the mason lines a little less sharp. I've always had the impression that the stone face was a bit more uneven than the crips lines would sugest on your retexture.
Heh.. Actually these crisp thin lines were added later on a separare layer when I noticed that the texture looks different than original when put close together at the same scale. Ofcourse it looks quite unnatural and cartoonish but that was made intentionally to make it look close to the original when viewed in the engine... especially with flashlight turned on or with flickering source of light...
I may adjust and tweak all the textures when they are done and tested in bb1 later...

Also it would be useful if I could change the texture in test map via console commands... I've heard this is possible.. right?
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

I'm not certain that there is a way to just change the texture in game via console command. I've always just dropped the texture into the proper directory and fire Transfusion up. Of course, I'm not a mapper so my expertise is very limited.

Do you know how to activate the various additional textures in DP?
Roma Loom
Axe Zombie

Post by Roma Loom »

Do you know how to activate the various additional textures in DP?
What additional textures? I seem to have no idea about DP special featueres :(
As for testing normal and gloss I use a DP based engine where I can turn on the flashlight...
Kazashi
Shadow Warrior

Post by Kazashi »

If, by additional textures you mean norm/specular etc. then they should be active right from the very start. You won't really be able to see these unless you use rtlighting though, except for a glow map.

"r_replacemaptexture" will allow you to swap out textures ingame
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

Sorry, what I meant by "activate" was to say, that you have all the extra textures in the proper places in the game resource folders. ie. texture1.tga along side texture1.glow, texture1.alpha (at least that's how it works with skins)

Kazashi, do you know if the "r_replacemaptexture" with automatically include the various RTLighting textures that go with it? Also can you hot swap that sort of thing, ie your running TFn in window mode and you just drop in the texture you want to test into the right directory, and then prompt DP to access it with the r_replacemaptextuer command.
Roma Loom
Axe Zombie

Post by Roma Loom »

#0022 download

DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

:D
Slink

Not to be a dick, but...

Post by Slink »

ooooOOOOOOooooo! :)
Zardoz
Fanatic

Post by Zardoz »

To the TF team:

Is it true that none of the textures that have been showcased in this thread can be used in TF?
Kazashi
Shadow Warrior

Post by Kazashi »

In case it might've been missed among the other posts:
Our rules for media creation.... we haven't had any "official" texture recreation project, as we are using Blood's textures in an attempt at recreating Blood. People in the past have done handfuls of textures, but none have been included in our releases because of our aforementioned aims. We may include them as an optional addon though, if there are enough to include. As we are trying to aim for the look of Blood, we don't make use of normal/offset maps in textures or skins (they don't stand out effectively in the lighting system we use; rtlighting would be a different matter, but would not look like Blood).
So they can be used, but we won't be distributing them ourselves at this point.