The Blood Wiki

Feel the urge to display your handiwork?

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

Gideon

The Blood Wiki

Post by Gideon »

Hello, I am not a member of this forum but I have something to announce to my fellow Blood fans. After finding that no such thing as a Wiki for Blood exists me and my brother have made our own. After about a month of work I feel that it is ready to be announced to the general public. Come enjoy and contribute.

http://blood.wiki-site.com/index.php/Main_Page

Gideon: Assistant Moderator of the Blood Wiki :shooting:

Post by Guest »

Oi, post it on Lith.com, the New Monolith Forum, too.
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

Thanks for the heads-up Gideon.
Gideon

Duke versus Blood

Post by Gideon »

Another interesting thing. I was on the Duke Nukem Wiki and saw that the Blood Wiki that I spent all of last month writing was better, so the less popular Build game has a better Wiki. :evillaugh:

This is like that Caleb model and Bot for Quake III, it's bot AI is superb while the Duke one sucks. HA HA HA HA! Go Blood! :shooting:

Oh, and I had a little communication with Psyren one of the authors of ZBlood. Apparently an updated version is on the way. How's Transfusion release schedule? Anything major coming out anytime soon? I have Transfusion on my Fedora 7 box, though I still not have got the Single Player maps working yet.
Mangetsu
Axe Zombie

Re: Duke versus Blood

Post by Mangetsu »

Gideon wrote:Psyren one of the authors of ZBlood
Just one :?.

Right, they're gonna keep updating it.
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

Nothing new from Transfusion unfortunately. We've been playing Transfusion back to back with Blood a bit, making notes... that sort of thing.
Gideon

Reverse Engineering

Post by Gideon »

DustyStyx wrote:Nothing new from Transfusion unfortunately. We've been playing Transfusion back to back with Blood a bit, making notes... that sort of thing.
Man do I know that realm well. I am myself the head coder of a reverse engineering project (http://freeempires.yoll). I spent many a time coding on my Fedora box while on my old 98 laptop I ran AoE and I hacked in features. Sadly SR 1.0 and 2.0 are only just really feature notes from AoE with no real engine backing them (Word of advice: do not use QT for game rendering, I am converting it to SDL now). Oh well that is what is coming in 3.0. Watch out! I might just be here by June! (That is if the Fedora guys get of their asses and add Gambas 2.0 to the RPM repo!) :guns:

What is the latest Transfusion release and what is the state of single player? I was never all that into death matching. :phantasm:
Gideon

Spreading the Word

Post by Gideon »

I tried to post on the Lith forum but I found that I need an account. Could someone who has an account there post about the Blood Wiki. Everyone please spread the word throughout the Blood world. :headshot:
leileilol

o^_^o

Post by leileilol »

Why not register an account?
Gideon

Lith.com Account

Post by Gideon »

leileilol wrote:Why not register an account?
I do not want to register an account on something that I will only use once.

Re: Spreading the Word

Post by Guest »

Gideon wrote:I tried to post on the Lith forum but I found that I need an account. Could someone who has an account there post about the Blood Wiki. Everyone please spread the word throughout the Blood world. :headshot:
http://www.lith.com/forum/showthread.php?p=189#post189

There.
Gideon

Lith Forum

Post by Gideon »

Anonymous wrote: There.
Thank you. Though I now defiantly do not want to get an account on that forum. Beating on that guy just because he put in my little note that the ZBlood article and sections where stubs and needed expanding, sheesh. They also seem to talk as if I do not have BLOOD info, what about Ranks of the Cabal, the Blood I era section is completed while the Blood II era is only outlined. In fact the Blood 1 article was made before the Blood II article. If there seems to be more Blood II info then Blood I info then that is purely because the main point of the Wiki is to document the STORYLINE! and Blood II's is more complex then Blood's. Both are great games though. :shooting:

Post by Guest »

Dude, you only need little things like the Weapons info, and so, but seems like some people care more about those little things than Storyline and Facts.

Re: Lith Forum

Post by Guest »

Gideon wrote:They also seem to talk as if I do not have BLOOD info, what about Ranks of the Cabal, the Blood I era section is completed while the Blood II era is only outlined.
Maybe because of the fact that Wikipedia's Blood entry holds more information about the game than your entire wiki. And because there is no reason to put any info on ZBlood other than mentioning it once, if necessary. If you can't find any info on the game, I suggest some copy/pasta:

Official wiki entry:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_(computer_game)

Blood's largest information resource:
http://postmortem.edgegaming.com

Oh, and wiki's aren't supposed to be written in "dude talk". Try using more formal speech.
Morry
Axe Zombie

Post by Morry »

I just noticed that all my work building a list of pop culture references on the Wiki page were deleted a while ago.

So as to preserve my efforts, here is the list:
References

General

* Zombies moan "Brains!" or "More brains!" -> Return of the Living Dead
* Hell Hands with a voice saying "I'll swallow your soul" -> Evil Dead 2. Hell Hands are actually a reference to the Thing from the The Addams Family (though may be more specifically reference Ash's evil severed hand from Evil Dead 2).
* Zombie canisters -> Return of the Living Dead
* While killing something with an explosive, Caleb says "When does the hurting stop?" -> The Terrible Thunderlizards
* While standing still, Caleb sings "Strangers in the night... exchanging glances..." -> Frank Sinatra / "If you're blue and you don't know... hmmm hmm hmmm... puttin' on the ritz." -> Young Frankenstein (also see the song "Puttin' on the Ritz").
* Civilians say "There's no place like home!" when being injured -> The Wizard of Oz
* Medium Armour with a face, possible reference to the Necromicron face -> Evil Dead
* Girlie calender on walls -> this is actually an Elvira Mistress of the Dark calendar from the mid-nineties, who was very popular at the time, and whose style fits into Blood's themes.

E1M1

* Caleb says "I live... again!" as he rises from the grave -> Army of Darkness
* Empty grave of Eric Draven with Caleb saying "Nevermore." -> Edgar Allan Poe's "The Raven" and James O'Barr's The Crow
* Using a bloody sink in the morgue, Caleb yells "Out, out, damned spot!" -> Macbeth

E1M2

* Miskatonic Station -> Miskatonic University
* Poster of a single white female -> Single White Female
* Seeing the canisters of zombies, "Hmm, fresh victims for the ever-growing army of the undead." -> The Simpsons
* Seeing mutilated corpses in a freezer, "The leftovers." -> Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

E1M3

* "Get off my train!" -> Air Force One, Ghost

E1M4

* Prison suit of Richard Kimble -> The Fugitive
* Cooger & Dark's Pandemonium Shadow Show -> Something Wicked This Way Comes (novel)
* Freak show with voices chanting "One of us!" -> Freaks
* Duke Nukem slaughtered and hanging in chains, Caleb says "I've got time to play with you!" along with "Ooh, shake it baby!" when the player interacts with the body -> Duke Nukem 3D (Duke Nukem 3D and Blood along with Shadow Warrior were the three main games built on the Build engine).
* After killing a mime, Caleb says "Pathetic insects!" -> A Fish Called Wanda / "Boo hoo, no one wants to play with me!" -> Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls
* Looking at rats cooking on a grill, "Mmm, rat burgers" -> Demolition Man

E1M7

* Caleb yells "Ophelia! Oh noooo!" upon seeing the slain corpse of his former loved one -> Hamlet. Afterwards, Caleb yells "Show yourself! Show yourself!!!" -> Wishmaster (film)

E1M8

* Going through the first tunnel, Caleb mutters "Over the lips and through the gums, look out tummy, here I come!" -> Twins

E2M1

* Starting the level approaching a boat, Caleb says "They're going to need a bigger boat." -> Jaws

E2M2

* Falling down a toilet - "What a wonderful smell I've discovered." -> Star Wars

E2M3

* Silhouette in the window of a house -> Psycho

E2M4

* "Come out, come out, wherever you are!" -> The Shining
* Frozen Jack Torrence in the maze, Caleb says "Here's Johnny!" -> The Shining (an alternate sound clip exists of Caleb saying "Here's Caleb!")
* Bathroom with zombie in the bathtub -> The Shining

E2M7

* "Hey she-bitch! Let's go!" -> Army of Darkness

E3M1

* Room with Sloth painted on the wall, blood stain on bed and air fresheners hanging from the ceiling -> Se7en

E3M7

* Dog barking, Caleb says "Cujo?" -> Cujo

E4M3

* Freddy Krueger sweater and hat hanging on wall -> Nightmare On Elm Street

E4M4

* Sound of Jason Voorhees, hockey mask and machete hanging on wall, decapitated head on a table, surrounded by candles, raft floating in the middle of a lake -> Friday the 13th

E4M5

* Howling sound near statues -> The Exorcist

E4M9

* Store named "Kmarché". Common ploy to make cheaper store sound more expensive and fashionable -> Kmart
* Store named "Cask of Amontillado" -> The Cask of Amontillado
* Store named "Igor's Lab Supply Outlet" -> Frankenstein
* Store named "Ichabod's Halloween Store" -> Ichabod Crane from The Legend of Sleepy Hollow
* Store named "pickmans rare books and maps" probably a reference to the short story "pickman's model" by H. P. Lovecraft

Players will notice references to the works of H. P. Lovecraft in title of Episode Two, "Even Death May Die". Also Caleb himself seems to bear a resemblance to the man in H. P. Lovecrafts story "He".

Blood drew even more inspiration from cinema. Caleb often refers to horror and action films, including The Evil Dead, Monty Python and the Holy Grail, The Goonies, Army of Darkness, Tombstone, Return of the Living Dead, Big Trouble in Little China, and also the films of Alfred Hitchcock.

Finally, it is also worth mentioning that Caleb, when idle, will occasionally sing bits of classic songs, including "My Way," "Strangers in the Night," "Puttin' on the Ritz," "On the Good Ship Lollipop," "The Sun Will Come Out Tomorrow," "It's A Long Way To Tipperary" and "Somewhere Over the Rainbow."