Slink -- kiss my vase! ;)

Feel the urge to display your handiwork?

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

Daedalus
The Dreaming God

Slink -- kiss my vase! ;)

Post by Daedalus »

I'm not sure if this is the correct place for this, but regarding some of the other content I thought it'd be okay.

I must be swift. I'm nearing on twelve hours of being awake, after having only slept for four-and-a-half last night. I must immediately explain all of this before I start sounding like a babbling fool and talking nonsense, so forgive my lack of manners as I cut straight to business, gents.

Cruaich approached asking for a basic rundown of the different colour changes available to the palette. Slink requires these for use in his efforts to recreate the Great Temple and understandably so -- Blood goes wild with them towards the Great Temple area, even using yellow tones to accentuate fire-lit walls. I deliver this now with a quick explanation for each colour.

Note that many textures and sprites in Blood are affected differently by the palette changes. This is a prime example. All brown objects such as these will have this appearance with palette changes, be they the bottle, balloon, other vases, etc. But many textures are barely affected by certain changes. It's really going to take a lot of investigation, but if you boys require this kind of thing for a specific texture or sprite, please don't hesitate to summon me. Always a pleasure to be of service, Chris and Slink (and the other hidden men of the Cabal).

0 - The original texture or sprite's appearance.

1 - The object has the effects of the fog filter reversed on it, i.e. it is brighter and white from a distance, not black. This is constant for all textures and sprites.

2 - A saturated red. Works almost for everything.

3 - A 'low-quality' grey, rarely seen in the retail game. Not particularly noticeable on some sprites and textures.

4 - A 'low-quality' green, rarely seen in the retail game. Again, not particularly noticeable on some sprites and textures.

5 - Removes all colour from a sprite or texture, making it (for lack of a better word); greyscale. Works for absolutely everything.

6 - Strange one, but it seems to 'dull' the colours of a sprite or texture. Works for everything.

7 - Not noticeable in this instance, but it adds a slightly reddish tint to some sprites and textures.

8 - Not noticeable in this instance, but it adds a slighty orange tint to some sprites and textures.

9 - A less stubborn number, but still doesn't work with all. Can make most objects have a golden appearance (this is the one, combined with 8, that Slink will need for the Great Temple).

10 - Makes a sprite a nice, underwater blue. Works for everything.

11 - High quality blue for some sprites, especially noticeable here. Not effective for everything. Gives a blue tinge to some sprites and textures.

12 - High quality red for some sprites, especially noticeable here. Not effective for everything. Gives a red tinge to some sprites and textures.

13 - High quality teal for some sprites, especially noticeable here. Not effective for everything. Gives a teal tinge to some sprites and textures.

14 - A gentle grey. Not as harsh as '3', but less domineering than '5'. Gives a grey tinge to some sprites and textures.

15-256 - These just makes sprites appear ... unusual. The colours change horrifically according to the shading, as if Caleb's trippy or something. One too many trips through the delirium mushroom patch, probably.

A pleasure to be of service. I now retreat to sleep peacefully. Glory to Blood. Honour to Transfusion for honouring it and a swift napalm snuffing to those who would not. Farewell brethren.
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

W00+! that's what I'm looking for. Thanks so much ÐÐ!

Now the question is.. do we want to make that many texture versions available in Transfusion, or is there a engine rendering option that would acomplish the effect on a given texture/model?
boss429
Cabal member

Post by boss429 »

I wonder if the colorizing thing that is done to player models can be used on objects like that vase. (in player setup you can change Caleb's shirt and pants colors)
leileilol

o^_^o

Post by leileilol »

yeah, just _shirt the vases and use the 8-bit palette rows to define that color.