Playing Blood over Internet without Kali.

Want to spill some blood? Let others know and coordinate here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

Chrispy

Playing Blood over Internet without Kali.

Post by Chrispy »

Yes, last but not least, after hours and hours I got Blood running in Multiplayermode over Internet. Just download GIT(a software for building up IPX-Connections over Internet, its not too difficult) from http://www.morpheussoftware.net/git/

You need to know the Internet IP of the other players(yes, it runs with up to 16 players) and then Start GIT, rightclick on the system tray icon and choose Configuration:

Insert these values, leave everthing else blank or unchecked:

Host or IP = Internet IP of other player
Port = Your choice, but ensure the port is forwarded by ur router if using one. Both players have to use the same(for more players see GIT support forum) port.
Method= UDP
IPX-Sockets = 9854 is default of blood

Advanced Config:

Check only IEEE 802.2, IPX, NLSP, UDP and if u have a router Alter Source IP. Insert ur network IP as internal and Internet IP as external.

Last thing u have got to do ist configure ur NETBios compatible IPX Protocol and choose Ethernet 802.2 and set all network numbers to 00000000.

Now it should be working with all commit versions!

Have fun and enjoy(although the game runs a bit choppy, maybe someone got an idea how to enhance the connection)
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

< looks Doe-eyed

Could it be... the holy grail?
boss429
Cabal member

Post by boss429 »

I had a simular idea once but I never tried it. My idea was to use Commit 1.4 (LAN) and use a program such as Hamachi to connect to PCs over the internet.
What Hamachi does is it acts like your two computers are connected via LAN when they are really connected over the internet. Me and my friend used this to share files over the internet and to play an FPS Creator game (which only supports LAN).
With Hamachi you don't need to know the other guy's IP address, all you have to to is create a "network" (in Hamachi) with a name and password, and have your friend connect to the same network.
So Hamachi would trick Commit v1.4 into thinking that your two computers were on the same Lan and should alow you to connect to them.

Here is Hamachi's site:
http://www.hamachi.cc/