Servers UP

Want to spill some blood? Let others know and coordinate here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

hermabob
Axe Zombie

Servers UP

Post by hermabob »

The server on 82.133.99.224:26000 is on.

It will be updated with more levels & if I find the data levels are to high It may need to be set to run from 8PM to 8AM UK time.

let me now what maps you want run & I will add them.

It is set to 8 players at the moment but if speed is not a problem I will up this as well.

:shooting:
hermabob
Axe Zombie

Maps Updated Only working ones

Post by hermabob »

Hi all

I have updated the server on this IP but it still fails to show on the sever list.

It is up 24 7 & has 20 working maps on it now.

I will add more when I get a chance & add shuffel to it.
Jethro
Fanatic

Post by Jethro »

I was playing recently a few times (unfortunatly only with bots), dunno why it didn't showed up in server list (are you sure you've made it public?). Anyway "The Stronghold" map looked a bit funny (some holes in the walls, translucent doors and other strange artifacts), opening a secret passage (even if bots opened it) made a message "You've found a secret" pop up on my screen. I dont know if this is due to version incompatibility or something, but I'd reccomend removing this map from the list.

Anyway, I can't wait to meet someone there and start real bloodbath :guns:
hermabob
Axe Zombie

Post by hermabob »

I have seen you name on the server log several times.

You need to let Boss 429 Now when you will be there as they also only play against bots as well.
hermabob
Axe Zombie

Set to Public

Post by hermabob »

The server is set to be public.

If I run the 1.1Beta3 wthe the newer patch it shows on the server list but I have been advised against running this version.

if I then stop that server & start the 1.1Beta3 that is running now for a short while it appears in the server list & can be conected through the link.

If any one now why it would be helpfull.
Necrosis
Bubble Wrap Man
*not Canadian*

Post by Necrosis »

Question and suggestion.

Question: I'd like to know, are you running with Predator's stuff? His server had some different patches/maps (LOVED that server to death).

Suggestion: Turn off bots... The bots are kinda stoopid right now, at least from my experience. Also, we might want to all have a predetermined time to all just get on for 20 minutes and wait for others. :P
Jethro
Fanatic

Post by Jethro »

I'm nearly sure he's not using Pred's stuff. And for bots - it's up to you if you like them or not, you can always add some of them (PgUp is default key for that) or remove them (Delete is the default key to kick them I guess). One thing I would change is fraglimit - 8 is just too low.
predator
Lead Mapper

Post by predator »

Well, if anyone wants to use those of my maps that were not yet included in TF at the time when beta3 was released you can get them here and freely use them on your servers.

B2BODIES
B2CABANA
THREE QUAKE MAPS CONVERTED TO TF
FOUR OF MY CUSTOM MAPS FOR TF

Plus if you want to have b2power you need the patch for beta3 - not the latest engine snapshot, but the official patch for beta3 which is downloadable via sourceforge (about 2 megs).
hermabob
Axe Zombie

Version 1.1Beta3 with Patch

Post by hermabob »

The server version is the 1.1 Beta3 with the Official Patch. I prefer to run the public server on the latest official release so eveyone can get the same version.

With regard to the Frag limit I will increase it to 12 next time I restart the server, it was only set to 8 As we fond that to be a good level for Blood 2.

The Bots as Jethro say can be added & removed by any player.

I will look at adding the extra maps from predator as well.

Thanks for your comments
Necrosis
Bubble Wrap Man
*not Canadian*

Post by Necrosis »

Meh... Frag limit at 12? That's pretty low, don't you think? If you mean player limit then I'm all for it, though. :P

As for everyone being able to get it, I hate to say it but we're the only ones playing this. If we're not on the boards, then we probably don't really play.
hermabob
Axe Zombie

Post by hermabob »

Necrosis wrote:Meh... Frag limit at 12? That's pretty low, don't you think? If you mean player limit then I'm all for it, though. :P

As for everyone being able to get it, I hate to say it but we're the only ones playing this. If we're not on the boards, then we probably don't really play.
With only 2 or 3 players at any one time & not using the bots it can take along time to switch to the next level with to many Frags, but if everyone who plays wans more then suggest a limit & I will change it.

I have looked at the extra maps & contacted Predator about how to use them & when I get time I will add them.

I could increase the user limit but I have only ever seen 1 Player on the server at a time so far & I would need to now the Bandwidth requierments per player for that.

Would this game benifit from some advertising to get more players.
hermabob
Axe Zombie

Extra Maps

Post by hermabob »

The Extra Maps from Predator are now on this server
Kazek

Post by Kazek »

It's 1:59 AM here and i have to sit here all alone ;( playing with bots.
Server's ok, i will try to spend here some time every evening, maybe someone will join in (i hope)
dabkin
Rat

Post by dabkin »

hi. server still on?
hermabob
Axe Zombie

Yep Still on

Post by hermabob »

Yes the server is still on.

I have been away for the week & will look at taking off some of the maps thet dont work so well with the latest up date this week.