New to Transfusion what do i NEED TO JOIN IN

Want to spill some blood? Let others know and coordinate here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

hermabob

Catalyst 6.2 now out

Post by hermabob »

CheapAlert wrote:slap the newer catalyst 6.1 on it

dp works great on my 9500pro
Your right it works fine with catalyst 6.2 installed.

Thanks for that.
Willis

Master of the Mask
Lead Programmer

Post by Willis »

Willis wrote:a) We're in the middle of a data re-organization since we are no longer a Quake Mod, we can now organize our data in a way that is easier for use to use. I wasn't going to commit the changes until I was finished with the menu, but Elric did it already, so part of it is in dp code. The solutions are either use an old engine build, or wait for me to post a new engine (win32, and source for linux) with a new pk3 for the new graphics paths. I can likely do this tomorrow.
Yay, quoting myself (just for reference)

http://www.transfusion-game.com/files/t ... 060308.zip

Unzip that into your Transfusion directory (meant to be used with 1.1beta3update2) overwriting anything if it asks.

Things may be missing still, but the menu is mostly fully functional, and you get a bit of a HUD bonus with it, slightly more complete than the last version, though still unfinished.

included are windows executables and updated DLLs... let me know if any of those give errors, I didn't test on a clean machine without runtimes, but these shouldn't be requiring additional runtimes. There is a directory with the update source code for linux compilation (sorry, don't have have the time to set everything up to compile them myself).

wow, I wasn't late for something.... somebody mark the calendar.

And this just reminds me how much I need to finish the menu and hud :\
Necrosis
Bubble Wrap Man
*not Canadian*

Post by Necrosis »

:D to teh max! An update!

Who's starting the server in honor of this update, though? :D
Jethro
Fanatic

Post by Jethro »

Whoa, that promises me fun :D
Thanks for update :D

I've just tried it, menu now works properly, I can see that rendering was improved (i've got slightly better framerate than in previous versions I've been using and extreme-loos-of-framerate-at-spawning bug was fixed :D). The bad - game keep crashing when I'm trying to open wooden doors (to get inside the church) in e1m1. I'll test it more tomorrow.
Willis

Master of the Mask
Lead Programmer

Post by Willis »

Yep, that was a problem in 1.1beta3 to begin with I believe (and the old map, probably qc as well). I'm pretty sure we have that fixed in our internal build.

We've been on 1.1beta4 internally for a long time, and I think its about time for that to end. I'll put in an unofficial word that I'd like to see it released before the end of this month. I can't hold the entire team to it without their concent, but I'm trying to free myself up to make a good effort.

In reguards to that, I'm off to make a new 'testers wanted' thread again (no, not TFn testers, sorry, but Blood testers! harr harr)
*edit* Well, after starting the post and re-writing it multiple times and still not being happy on what I had, I've decided I'll have to think a bit more on the specifics of what I want done, so I'll post it on Friday */edit*
Jethro
Fanatic

Post by Jethro »

Another thing: when you're dead life counter shows positive value (probably leftover from quake negative hp when you're dead)
Willis

Master of the Mask
Lead Programmer

Post by Willis »

Jethro wrote:Another thing: when you're dead life counter shows positive value (probably leftover from quake negative hp when you're dead)
Two reasons for that. In Quake, you can have negative health. In Blood, there was no minus sign. I'm pretty sure I have cvs qc updated to not allow less than 0 health, if not, it will be so...