New to Transfusion what do i NEED TO JOIN IN

Want to spill some blood? Let others know and coordinate here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

hermabob

New to Transfusion what do i NEED TO JOIN IN

Post by hermabob »

Hi All

A work mate brout in a copy off blood 2 a short while ago & ran a hosted game.

There is now a server on our site but thats getting repetertive.

What do i need to downoad & install to join in.

there are 4 - 6 others on my site who are also interested.

Thanks
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

Are you trying to setup a Blood II or Transfusion server? And are you on a LAN or is this a WAN setup?
hermabob

Long week

Post by hermabob »

Ignor Me its been a long week.

I have Tranfusion 1.0 & patch 1.01 installed but looks like my graphics card is not compatible.

I have an ATI Radeon 9200 Pro.

Is there somthing I can do to be able to see the game when running.
hermabob

Post by hermabob »

Cruaich wrote:Are you trying to setup a Blood II or Transfusion server? And are you on a LAN or is this a WAN setup?
We Have A Blood2 server running & thats fine but it would be better if more people played.

that is why i am looking at Transfusion
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

Okay, Transfusion 1.01 was packaged with an older version of the Dakrplaces Quake engine. It has a number of networking issues that can be fixed by useing the latest version of Dakrplaces. You can get that here: DP-20060227
Of the included files in that zip archive, you will want the darkplaces.exe and the supplyed DLL files. Extract thoes to your root Transfusion directory.

You will also want to rename your sub transfusion directory to basetf ie:
c:\games\transfusion\transfusion
to
c:\games\transfusion\basetf

You will experience some graphical errors due to the way DP has changed the way it handles transperency textures, and some keybindings may not work

You could also try to download and run Transfusion Beta3 we have on our SourceForge account. You can find that here: http://sourceforge.net/project/showfile ... p_id=22136

I hope that helps.
hermabob

Graphics Card no support

Post by hermabob »

I have tryed both your suggestions & still I get a blank screen or my desktop at 640 X 480 resolution & no grapics.

I can hear the sound but thats all.

On another Pc the 1.1 pached version is fine but the 1.3 beta shows a text screen.

with the beta am i right in thinking I just need to extract it to a directory & run it.

Thanks
hermabob

slow graphics

Post by hermabob »

I am gradualy geeting someware.

I have extracted the 1.1beta3 patch & now have some sort of graphics just very slow & jerky.

Not playable though.

Any suggestions.

Thanks
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

What are your system specs? Darkplaces has some trouble rendering on anything older than a GeForce2
Jethro
Fanatic

Post by Jethro »

I've just tried out this new version of darkplaces and

a) i can't see menu (I was useing new blood-styled menu posted by Willis some time ago, it worked fine with previous version of DP I've used). Does anyone know how tu make it work with newer version of DP or change it back to the old one?
b) "search fo games" option finds alot of classic quake servers
c) framerate was really low, but that must be something with my settings
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

MMMM humble pie... DOE!

Yeah I guess that would be the problem. I forgot about that. Dakrplaces is coded to detect Transfusion and will try to use the new menus. Try useing an older version of Darkplaces... something from late 2004 should work as I've described previously. You can find that here
hermabob

ATI

Post by hermabob »

Cruaich wrote:What are your system specs? Darkplaces has some trouble rendering on anything older than a GeForce2
Unfrotunatly Its A works PC & has An ATI Radeon 9200 Pro.

The Other PCs have the Nvidia cards & work OK.

The PC is only 9 & works well for its other tasks.

The 1.1Beta3 is the closest to working Properly.

Using New Darkplaces I get a very green screen.

If you have any other suggestions I will give it a try if not thanks For your help.

PS the Blood 2 server is UP from 1-2 PM week days & 8 PM to 8AM every night UK Time.
hermabob

9 Months

Post by hermabob »

It should have said

the PC is only 9 Months old
leileilol

o^_^o

Post by leileilol »

slap the newer catalyst 6.1 on it

dp works great on my 9500pro
Willis

Master of the Mask
Lead Programmer

Post by Willis »

Jethro wrote:I've just tried out this new version of darkplaces and

a) i can't see menu (I was useing new blood-styled menu posted by Willis some time ago, it worked fine with previous version of DP I've used). Does anyone know how tu make it work with newer version of DP or change it back to the old one?
b) "search fo games" option finds alot of classic quake servers
c) framerate was really low, but that must be something with my settings
a) We're in the middle of a data re-organization since we are no longer a Quake Mod, we can now organize our data in a way that is easier for use to use. I wasn't going to commit the changes until I was finished with the menu, but Elric did it already, so part of it is in dp code. The solutions are either use an old engine build, or wait for me to post a new engine (win32, and source for linux) with a new pk3 for the new graphics paths. I can likely do this tomorrow.

b) fixed in a newer engine, will be in the one I build tomorrow

c) really a variable here... dp has a lot of options, make sure you're not using r_shadow_realtime_world
Willis

Master of the Mask
Lead Programmer

Re: 9 Months

Post by Willis »

hermabob wrote:It should have said

the PC is only 9 Months old
A PC's age isn't always relevant when it comes to graphics. The PC market really likes to slack on the video department. The ATI 9200 is an unfortunatly common card, and unfortunatly, incredibly weak.

However, that doesn't mean you can't try tweaking stuff, as I said before, there are a lot of options. The video settings in the menu is very useful, I'll try and write a general guide soon for explaining some of the options.