Online multiplayer issues

Want to spill some blood? Let others know and coordinate here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

jonny5
Cultist

Online multiplayer issues

Post by jonny5 »

I have a severe issue with Transfusion. I can not see servers. The Search for Servers screen often shows me 1/6 masters - but underneath that it says "No Servers Found." When I press the "enter" key, it says something to the effect of "connecting..." and then notifies me that its attempts have been in vain.

If I hit the space bar (if my memory serves me right, that refreshes servers in the Quake series) the number of servers jumps up to 2/6 or 3/6 masters. Occasionally it spikes to numbers as high as 36/6.

I run a software firewall (ZoneAlarm) which I disabled when I first ran into difficulties.

Any ideas? I'd love to give this a swing online.
Necrosis
Bubble Wrap Man
*not Canadian*

Post by Necrosis »

Unfortunately no one really plays this. :cry:

But hey, Predator does his "THE WAY OF ALL FLESH" server every now and then, I just usually wait until he says he's starting it up and try to be there.
jonny5
Cultist

Post by jonny5 »

Ah, but that's my problem: even at the allotted times, I still can't see the doggone thing. And, even more aggravatingly, I almost always get that accursed 1/6 masters listed. I'd love to straighten this all out - the more Bloodbathers there are, the more appetizing it will be for new ones!
Necrosis
Bubble Wrap Man
*not Canadian*

Post by Necrosis »

I know, it's an endless cycle, no one plays and so no one ever starts a game. Yes, it will hopefully be remedied in the future, but until now I may as well address the issue of 1/6 master servers. I never get more than 1, myself. But this matters not as I can always see Predator's game and once I even saw another game (Michigan Bloodbath, methinks) while joining in on Predator's.
predator
Lead Mapper

Post by predator »

Two things:

My server will be running more often in the nearest future, so jump in any time you can.

If you CAN see other servers but can't actually join you must check your network settings - can you join servers under other games? You should also make sure you have the right version of Transfusion - it should be 1.1beta3 with the patch.
As far as Zone Alaram goes - as long as you don't want to start your server, and you just want to join as a client, only one setting is important:
Go to the Program Contol section and select Programs tab.
Locate transfusion.exe on your list and make sure it has the right to access the internet as a client. If it does then Zone Alarm will not prevent you from joining TF servers.
jonny5
Cultist

Post by jonny5 »

Predator said:
Go to the Program Contol section and select Programs tab.
Locate transfusion.exe on your list and make sure it has the right to access the internet as a client. If it does then Zone Alarm will not prevent you from joining TF servers.
First thing that I checked, unfortunately. :cry:

What I don't get is why I get that ghostly 1/6 servers but no list appears. And it's straight-up eerie when it spikes up to 36/6...

Isn't port 2600 sort of unusual? Are there other suggested ports?

Edit: I'll be darned, but I just tried it again (with the firewall on) and some server (Way of All Flesh, I believe) came up. It allowed me to join, too; a little bit laggy, but not too bad for dial-up. A new bloodbather has joined your ranks. 8)
predator
Lead Mapper

Post by predator »

Good.
Good. :D
jonny5
Cultist

Post by jonny5 »

Just for the record, here's a picture of the server browser fatting up.

(Just for the record, that says 78/6 Masters)